A unique and luxurious cottage furnished to a very high standard with ample antiques exuding character and charm. The original Guest Wing of a Country House, it is set within extensive grounds making it a perfect retreat to relax and unwind in or alternatively an ideal base to explore Ayrshire, Argyll and the islands close by.
Noddsdale is two miles from the beautiful Scottish town of Largs which is a hugely popular seaside town at the north end of the Ayrshire coast that is rich in both Scottish and Viking history. Nearby are Kelburn Castle and Country Park which is at the south end of Largs with a busy marina. Lots to explore in the area by land or sea with ferries running regularly to the close by islands of Arran, home to Brodick Castle, Cumbrae which has the smallest cathedral in the country and Bute where you can explore the fascinating Mount Stuart House and Gardens during the summer months. Burns Country and Loch Lomond are within driving distance as is Glasgow which is only an hour away.
Noddsdale House is a beautiful and unique B Listed Country House with 200 acres of extensive grounds with woodlands, lawns, ponds, an all weather tennis court and stunning views. The house now provides 2 luxurious cottages that exude character, furnished in antiques and provide a very comfortable stay in a peaceful haven away from it all. A perfect place to unwind and relax or an ideal base to explore Ayrshire, Argyll and the islands close by.
The East Wing is a magnificent first floor apartment which was converted in the 1920s from the original farm buildings to create the guest wing of Noddsdale House.The apartment has electric central heating and comprises:
* Sitting room with attractive pitched wooden ceiling, open fire double sofa bed, flat screen freeview TV, video, DVD, CD player and radio.
* Dining/kitchen with electric double oven and ceramic hob, fridge, microwave, and dishwasher.
* Bedroom can be set up with king sized bed or two twin beds.
* Bathroom with shower over bath, hand basin and WC.
* All electric, bed linen and towels provided.
* Wi-Fi available.
* Private parking.
* Shared laundry room under the East Wing with a washing machine, tumble dryer and pulleys.
* Children 10 years old and over are welcome.
* There are garden benches for relaxing/reading in different shared areas of the grounds.
* *Bedrooms have single beds which can be converted into a double, please advise at the time of booking.
Additional amenities include: scotland & ireland, october half term availability, washer/dryer, no. bathrooms: 1, price e from £390 pw, star grading: 4*, romantic breaks, may half term availability, christmas and new year availability, bedrooms 1: 1, parking facilities: private parking, easter availability, february half term availability, cottages for 2, valentine availability, close to a beach, open fire yes, pets no, summer school holidays, sleeps 2/4, bathrooms 1: 1, changeover any day, midweek & weekend short break, no. bedrooms: 1, double beds: 1, scotland, ayrshire, cottage holiday group 4*, garden or outdoor area: shared garden.
All prices include all taxes, gas, electric and bed linen. Please check property description to see if towels, logs, coal and cots are included free of charge or at a supplement. If a pet friendly property, the charge is £20 per pet per week/part week. Please telephone or email us for short break availability and prices.