This modern and well equipped condo is located in Los Almendros de Ocotal, an upscale, beachfront development on Playa Ocotal's northern shore. Los Almendros has 43 condominiums. The development has 3 swimming pools, 2 outdoor barbecues, free Wi-Fi and a covered gazebo for weddings and family gatherings. Guests enjoy a short 2-3 minute walk to the beach.
Playa Ocotal is a protected beach that has a gentle surf and no dangerous rip tides. The beach is safe for swimming snorkeling and boogie boards. The rock formations directly below Los Almendros provide the area's best snorkeling. Because of the gentle surf, there is no surfing. Swimmers and snorkelers have the beach all to themselves.
Condo 42 is Los Almendros' most popular and best equipped two bedroom rental unit. This air conditioned condo offers:
1) Beautiful ocean view, 2-3 minute walk to Ocotal beach.
2) Very quiet & private. No condos above or below. No passing auto traffic.
3) Los Almendros' best equipped kitchen.
4) Membership privileges at The Club at Coco Bay. This private club offers tennis courts, a gym and two beautiful swimming pools.
5) Entertainment center with 42 inch Sony flat screen television, DVD player and iPod music system.
6) Screened rear patio with 32 inch flat screen television.
7) Tastefully decorated with art & pottery from five Latin American countries.
8) Three independently controlled split level A/C units in living room & both bedrooms.
9) Private Wi-Fi, telephone and cable TV.
10) Combination safe (Combo set by guest).
11) Deadbolt locks on all exterior doors.
12) Covered, secure, parking a few steps from condo's front door.
13) CELL PHONE: Carry it with you when traveling. Free calls to anywhere in Costa Rica.
14) Garmin GPS: Explore Guanacaste... without getting lost! Tourist attractions and restaurants are pre-programmed.
15) Free snorkeling equipment: adult & children sizes.
16) Free kayaks (2).
17) Male & Female 26", 3 speed cruiser bicycles.
18) Beach chairs, beach towels, ice chest
19) Hiking gear (Binoculars, canteens, backpack).
19) Swimming pool toys: Kick boards and inflatables.
20) Boogie boards
21) Charcoal barbecue.
22) Washer, dryer, iron and ironing board.
23) Premium linens and towels purchased in USA.
24) Pack & Play for infants/toddlers(Upon request)
25) L/A's most popular rental unit in 2012, 2013 and 2014.
Property Overview:Condo 42: Condo 42 is the end unit on Los Almendros' premium front row. The condo's rear patio sits directly above a small tropical forest and has a beautiful ocean view. The patio provides an excellent vantage point to observe Guanacaste birds and other colorful wildlife.
Screened Patio: Condo 42 is the only Los Almendros rental unit with a screened rear patio. In the evening, guests can relax and listen to the ocean surf without being bothered by insects attracted by overhead lights. The ability to use the patio, day or night, significantly increases the condo's living space. Families with children appreciate having a second television on the patio and the extra room to spread out and relax.
Swimming and Snorkeling: Playa Ocotal is one of Guanacaste's quietest and cleanest 'Blue Flag' beaches. The ocean surf is very gentle. Playa Ocotal has no dangerous riptides. Travel guides recommend Playa Ocotal to outdoor enthusiasts who want to snorkel from shore. Guanacaste snorkelers drive many miles to explore the rock formations directly below Los Almendros. During the dry season, snorkelers can see numerous species of colorful, tropical fish in Playa Ocotal's clear waters. The surf is too gentle for surfing.
Club membership: My husband and I are members of The Club at Coco Bay. Guests staying in our condominium enjoy full membership privileges at this outstanding private facility. The Club at Coco Bay offers lighted tennis courts, a gym with modern exercise equipment, two swimming pools, one of the area's best restaurants and yoga/Zumba classes.
Father Rooster's Restaurant: One of Ocotal's most popular restaurants is located less than 200 meters from the entrance to Los Almendros. When they are not too busy, the waiters at Father Rooster's will deliver tropical drinks and appetizers to the Club at Coco Bay's beachfront pool & dining area.
Playas del Coco: Coco is Guanacaste's fastest growing beach community. The town is less than a 10 minute drive from Los Almendros. Coco has modern grocery stores, pharmacies, banks, ATM machines, restaurants, ice cream shops, disco/bars, souvenir shops, a casino and an emergency medical facility. Hard Rock Cafe opened a new restaurant in 2015.
On Site Dive Shop: Rocket Frog Divers operates out of Los Almendros. TripAdvisor has rated Rocket Frog the top dive shop in the area. Rocket Frog offers beginners training and advanced certifications. Guests staying at Los Almendros receive a 10% discount off their already competitive prices.
Vacation Planning Assistance: Playa Ocotal is an excellent location from which to initiate day trips. Los Almendros has an experienced, bilingual office staff that assists guests in making reservations for deep sea fishing, diving, snorkeling, sailing, rafting, tubing, zip lining, massages, hiking, bird watching, hot springs, rain forest tours, volcanoes, canopy tours and horseback riding. Our General Manager has been with Los Almendros for seven years. She knows all of the best tour operators, and enjoys helping guests plan their vacation activities.
Transportation: A car is nice to have, but is not a necessity in Costa Rica. Taxi's from Los Almendros to Coco cost $7-8 each way. Tour operators pick-up and drop off at Los Almendros. Taxi service is available to and from the Liberia airport ($55 car, $70 van).
Rental rates shown above do not include Costa Rica's 13% hotel tax.
Housekeeping is provides once per week for a weekly rental. Clean towels are available upon request. Additional maid service available for an additional charge.
Beachfront rental rates:
North Americans visit Guanacaste anticipating a vacation experience that will provide them a lifetime of pleasant memories. Visitors are more likely at achieve this objective when they stay at a beachfront resort. Beachfront accommodations cost a little more, but they offer beautiful ocean views, convenient access to the best beaches and the opportunity to relax or go to sleep listening to the ocean surf. Listening to the surf, walking the beach every morning at day break and watching the sun set over the ocean, are experiences that inland properties can not offer. If you ask any of the Los Almendros customers who return year after year to our resort, they will assure you that the premium paid for beachfront accommodations is ..."money well spent" .