The SpaceWhite Hart Cottage is a relaxing, idyllic cottage for holiday rental and weekend retreats. Located in the Somerset village of Freshford, only ten minutes from Bath by train or car. From here you can explore the wonderful city of Bath, the delightful villages of Freshford, Bradford-on-Avon and Frome and some of the finest stately homes, rural pubs and restaurants that the region has to offer.
White Hart Cottage sleeps two adults plus two children/young adults and offers two bedrooms, a bathroom, a separate living room and a kitchen & breakfast room. High quality fixtures and fittings are provided to ensure a most comfortable holiday or retreat.
The cottage has a pretty frontage and a courtyard garden, with a raised deck for seating and rural views. With easy parking, you can visit the cottage with or without a car - it is a short walk from the local railway station in Freshford, with regular trains to Bath, Bristol and on to the South West. Buses run frequently through the village and bike rental is available locally for those who wish to explore the many wonderful cycle paths.
Amenities at White Hart cottage include:
- Free Wi-Fi, Sky TV (incl. sports & movies), BT TV (incl. sports 1 & 2), DVD player, iPod/CD player, DAB Radio.
- Fully equipped kitchen including kettle, Nespresso coffee machine, toaster, dishwasher, gas hob with electric fan oven, microwave, fridge, freezer, washing machine/dryer, heated clothes airer and iron with ironing board.
- Gas central heating, double-glazed windows and french doors with decking to garden (at rear).
- 2 bedrooms, 1 luxury king size double bed, high quality comfortable large bunk beds, travel cot and bed rail (available on request), hairdryer, chest of drawers and wardrobes in bedrooms.
- Bathroom tiled in travertine stone with WC, basin and cabinet and walk-in shower (baby bath available on request).
- Stair-gate (available on request).
- Kitchen/breakfast room seating 4-6, high chair is available.
- Sitting room seats 4 adults with 2 sofas, oak flooring, stocked bookcase, occasional seating and comfortable furnishings. (Stair gate available on request).
- White Company linen and towels are provided, with additional blankets.
- Court yard garden and decking with outdoor table & chairs to the rear and retractable washing line.
- Bicycles are available to hire locally (or storage for your own).
- Free on-street parking.
- The property is not suitable for wheelchair use.
- A welcome basket is provided on your arrival including essentials such as milk, bread, tea, coffee and biscuits.
The Cottage is situated at the top of Freshford Lane, a village road leading to the local Village Shop & Café. It is a community shop - built, owned and run by the people of Freshford and Limpley Stoke. You will find all of the affordable basics and a few treats including local produce, whole foods, organic foods, fair trade products, fruit and veg, milk, cream and yoghurt, local and vintage wine and beer, store-baked bread and croissants, freshly prepared coffee and home-made cakes, fresh hand-made lunches, newspapers, local books and gifts. Mid-week and at weekends there are artisan oven-baked pizzas available, cooked to order and only two minutes from your front door.
With a very short walk through the village, The Inn at Freshford is a beautiful 16th Century village Inn located on the banks of the River Frome at Freshford, on the outskirts of Bath. The surrounding countryside is part of The Cotswolds Area Of Outstanding Beauty and is favoured by many cyclists, joggers and walkers - the pick of the trails being the Two Valleys Walk. Guest AccessYour own private rural English cottage. Interaction with GuestsWe live just up the road from the cottage and are here to help and advise - or be invisible and leave you to be private and relax. The NeighborhoodFreshford is minutes from the Roman world heritage city of Bath, the Saxon village of Bradford-on-Avon and close to the historic landmarks of Glastonbury, Stonehenge, Longleat and Castle Combe. Getting AroundThe cottage has easy parking and you can visit the cottage with or without a car - it is a short walk from the local railway station in Freshford, with regular trains to Bath, Bristol and on to the South West. Buses run frequently through the village and bike rental is available locally for those who wish to explore the many wonderful cycle paths. Other Things to NoteSearch 'white hart cottage freshford' for website and further information.