The SpaceWelcome to the best hidden Mid-Century Modern gem in Los Angeles!
We nicknamed our home "The Dream Chasers' Retreat" for the guests we meet who visit and move to Los Angeles pursuing a dream. This city is full of amazing, creative visitors and locals who dream big.
We are offering a modern, relaxing bedroom with a bright shared bathroom. The bed is a comfortable queen size bed with a real 1960s bedroom set and black & white travel art. Guest AccessYou have access to the open concept kitchen, WIFI internet, and use of the Mid-Century Modern common areas with fun and artistic flair.
Inside, make yourself at home in the vibrant office lounge with cascading morning sunlight, the Retro living room/dining room or the comfortable family room with a bohemian kitchen nook.
Outside, create an outdoor office by sitting on the patio to enjoy the stunning LA weather and ocean air.
We HIGHLY recommend having a car to maximize your time visiting Los Angeles. Our home location is best experienced without having to rely on public transportation.
If you visit in spring or early summer, you are welcome to pick the organic fruit from the lemon, nectarine, plum, apricot and peach trees in the yard. Interaction with GuestsDuring your stay, Aleisha is your host. She is available to help you feel at home. During work hours, she works both from home and around the city. In the evenings, she is around to check in with you and your day. The NeighborhoodOur lovely home is in Harbor City, the southern most part of Los Angeles. This is 1 block east of Torrance and 2 miles from Redondo Beach. It is a safe, tranquil and quiet neighborhood. Most residents enjoy walking their dogs and getting outside to exercise daily. This neighborhood was built in 1969, when Mid-Century Modern met 1970s Retro designs.
Within a 15-20 minute drive is Redondo Beach, Torrance Beach, San Pedro and Downtown Long Beach.
Popular local destinations nearby are:
- Redondo Beach Pier seafood bars & restaurants, plus stunning sunsets
- Torrance Beach bike path
- Palos Verdes' cliff hiking to tide pools
- Long Beach's Convention Center
- San Pedro Cruise Warf & Ports-O-Call
- Old Town Torrance charm
When eating out, our home is convenient to many different types of food:
- Korean markets, BBQ & Tofu House
- Hawaiian restaurants
- Japanese markets, bakeries, Ramen & Sushi
- Traditional American breakfast cafes
- Asian Fusion restaurants (eg: Peruvian-Japanese, Chinese-Peruvian, Korean-Chinese)
Across the street, Mulligans Family Fun is a great place for mini-golf/arcades. It's a one-of-a-kind experience staying at our colorful home. Getting AroundOur home is a quick 10 minute drive to the 405 or 110 freeway, easily taking you to all parts of Los Angeles and Orange County.
There is plenty of parking on the street in front and on the side of our house.
Los Angeles is built for cars and we highly recommend you have a car to get around the city. However, nearby are four buses to get you around the South Bay, plus we have a recommended list of car sharing taxis and local car rentals, if you book.
To get to famous Southern California attractions by car, plan 25-45 minutes depending on Los Angeles traffic to:
- Long Beach Airport - 12mi/19km
- LAX airport - 15mi/24km
- Downtown Los Angeles - 18mi/29km
- Hollywood Walk of Fame - 25mi/40km
- Venice Beach - 25mi/25km
- Santa Monica Beach - 27mi/43km
- Universal Studios Hollywood - 28mi/45km
- Anaheim Disneyland - 28mi/45km
LOCAL BUSES 10 minute walk:
- Torrance Bus #7: Redondo Beach Pier, Del Amo Mall, Wilson Park Farmer's Market (Tues & Sat)
- Gardena Bus #2: Kaiser South Bay Medical Center, Harbor Gateway Transit Center & Metro Green Line Station
- LA Metro Bus #205: Harbor UCLA Medical Center, Home Depot Soccer Center & Metro Green Line, San Pedro Waterfront, Providence Little Company of Mary Hospital, Kaiser South Bay Medical Center
- LA Metro Bus #550: Harbor UCLA Medical Center, Harbor Gateway Transit Center, Metro Expo Line, USC, San Pedro Providence Little Company of Mary Hospital, Kaiser South Bay Medical Center Other Things to NoteThis is Shannon's childhood house, where she started dreaming big. Shannon will hopefully catch you during your stay to say "hello."
Shannon, lives with her partner in another AIRBNB home called, Live In A Hidden Oasis: Heart of LA.