The SpaceA. THE HOUSE
- This listing is not the entire house; rather, a two-room package on the first floor of a six-bedroom house with high ceilings that has a large backyard, two living rooms, two dining rooms, kitchen, and 3 bathrooms.
- The house is shared.
- The entrance is communal (no private nor separate entrance).
B. THE LISTING PACKAGE DEAL (YOUR SPACE)
- 1 private room with a door lock
- 1 open room with a 55-inch TV, and 2 sofas
- 1 bathroom (may be shared with occasional family visitors)
- RED KEEP SUITE I dining that seats 6 people
C. THE SLEEPING ARRANGEMENTS
The listing sleeps 4 people comfortably and can accommodate up to 5:
- Room 1 of 2: SUNSPEAR Room is private and comes with...
a. two single-sized beds, both with a comfortable Novafoam memory mattress (the other single bed is a leather Ottoman pull out);
b. door lock, for privacy and security
c. work desk and office chair
d. closet with hangers and a dresser
- Room 2 of 2: WESTEROS is an open area to the east of your private bedroom, SUNSPEAR, which comes with...
a. a sofa pull out bed
b. a second regular sofa
c. a wide-screen, 55-inch Samsung TV
D. INCLUDED IN YOUR PACKAGE:
- bathroom products and towels*** (must not be taken home)
- optional hair dryer and iron upon request at booking)
- your own personal work area for the busy travelling professional or student
- wireless hi-speed internet, Netflix cable
- OPTIONAL after hours check in/out (See Check in/out **); this lock box is not a standard check in, available only upon request or applicable situations
- $25 to $35 standard cleaning fee**** (for less than 2 weeks of stay)
E. OTHER BOOKING FEES to Note (to be adjusted via "Special Offer" or "Alteration," or "Resolution Center" requests):
1. Cleaning Fees****
- $35-$40 for a minimum of 2-3 weeks stay
- $40-$50 for a monthly stay
***One complimentary change of sheets/towels for a minimum of two weeks stay; otherwise, it's $5.00 per room per request.
2. Occupancy tax, incidentals, and other charges (see details on "Other Things to Note" section below)
**It's important that you read your itinerary to familiarize yourself with the check in/out instructions, especially the lock box operation instructions (if applicable)!
(!) PRIOR TO (INSTANT) BOOKING -- PLEASE READ ENTIRE RULES AND LISTING (!)
Please message with any other questions! Thank you. Guest Access(Please also see "House Rules" section.)
COMMON AREAS THAT ARE ASSIGNED TO YOU (and not shared):
1- ONLY food storage spaces labeled "SUNSPEAR" and/or "WESTEROS" (applies to kitchen cabinets and fridge shelves)
2- WESTEROS living room (adjacent to SUNSPEAR, the private room assigned to you)
3- RED KEEP STE I dining room (seats 6 people)
COMMON AREAS THAT ARE SHARED:
1- kitchen (for light cooking only; food consumable during your stay)
2- breakfast bar (seats 4)
3- kitchen spaces, kitchen cabinets and drawers, and fridge spaces labeled with "GUESTS" or "KING'S LANDING AND GUESTS" only
4- small kitchen appliances on the kitchen counter
- [right side of the stove] everything and
- [left side of the stove] microwave and electric hot water kettle
6. large backyard and street parking Interaction with GuestsMY PRESENCE/ABSENCE
I try to ensure to receive guests personally. *House Rules and *House Manual are set and provided for your reference so you may find your way in and around the house when I am not able to receive you when you arrive or for when I am not around for the duration of your stay (partial or whole). However, I am always available via text or e-mail message for help with anything regarding your accommodation.
I enjoy getting to know my guests--to find what we have in common or exchange good stories. On the other hand, I also respect guests who prefer a more quiet, private stay. Other than your contact with me, I will safely assume you want to enjoy your privacy.
* Please refer to "House Rules" for important instructions and adherence to avoid miscommunication and cancellation. The NeighborhoodMy house is perfect as a jump-off spot to Yosemite National Park (about two hours away) or as a safe place to stay when visiting friends or family at the UC Merced/Merced College. It is about three miles northwest from the town center and is also approximately two hours away from San Francisco, Sacramento, Carmel, and Monterey.
Most of the hotels, inns, and motels are in a somewhat shady areas as they are in the South Merced area, but this house is located in North Merced, which is in a new, very quiet, and safe residential area.
Shops within one to three miles:
- Costco, Target, Walmart, Food Maxx, Grocery Outlet, Big Lots, Food 4 Less
- Best Buy, Lowe's, Pier I, Anna's Linen, Barnes and Noble, O'Reilly, Michael's, Kohl's, Hobby Lobby
Fast Food/Restaurants within a mile:
- Starbucks, Jamba Juice, Coldstone (2.6 mi)
- Panda Express, Subway, Round Table Pizza, McDonalds, El Pollo Loco, Jack in the Box
- IHOP, Hibachi Grill Buffet, Hometown Buffet, Chipotle, Panera Bread, Country Waffles, Del Taco
- Applebee's, Di Cicco's Italian, Mariana's Mexican Grill, Sizzler Getting AroundPRIVATE/SEMI-PRIVATE TRANSPORTATION
1. There is a transportation fee of $5 for pick up or drop off to and from the airport, bus, or train station. Please see "Other Things To Note" section for more details.
Note: Free parking (street); please do not block nor park on the driveway.
2. Private transportation (rental or otherwise) is always the easiest and most convenient, but the city bus runs less than half a mile from the house and everything is within a mile or three.
1. YARTS (public transit to Yosemite)
"The Bus" is Merced's public transit. There's a couple of bus lines that "stops on demand" about 4 to 4.5 blocks from my house, and that should take you to "Merced Transpo" where YARTS picks up passengers bound for Yosemite.
Getting to Yosemite
– Public transportation to Yosemite is available locally via YARTS and (from further away) via Amtrak and Greyhound.
Getting Around Yosemite
– Public transportation to many areas within Yosemite is available by a combination of free shuttles and fee-based tours.
Website: yarts, period, com, forward slash, routes, hyphen, schedules, forward slash
2. The Bus (the city bus)
Stops on demand (SOD) less than 5 blocks from the house, about less than 10 minutes on foot.
Website: mercedthebus, period, com, forward slash, 128, forward slash, Bus-Routes-Schedules
3. UC CatTracks ($2 for non-UC Merced students)
Stops less than 5 blocks from the house, about less than 10 minutes on foot.
Website: cattracks, period, ucmerced, period, edu, forward slash
5. Amtrak (San Francisco/Bay Area to Merced) - cheaper than Greyhound
7. Boutique Air - Merced Airport
Website: boutiqueair, period, com Other Things to Note*OCCUPANCY TAX
1. Merced County requires that Local Occupancy Tax of 10% be collected and it will be due and payable upon booking or at check in (in one of the 3 ways Airbnb had enumerated in its link).
*FYI, if paying Occupancy Tax via Airbnb methods 2b and 2c below, Airbnb will assess additional guest service fees on that said 10% tax.
2. COLLECTION METHODS:
a. Airbnb Resolution Center
b. Airbnb Alteration Request
c. Airbnb Special Offer
d. Upon Check In (Cash only; exact amount preferred)
Please see Airbnb link below for more information on Occupancy/Local Tax.
OTHER INCIDENTALS, FEES, AND SERVICES
Reimbursement for costs incurred, usage, property damage or theft, including but not limited to the following:
1. Entertainment – You will reimburse me for all non-free movies and/or tv shows you order(ed) under my account. Please notify me as it occurs.
2. Other amenities not provided
– $5.00 Minimum charge for additional items not *provided, such as toothpaste, toothbrush, deodorant, floss, razor, etc.
*Standard Provision = soap, shampoo and conditioner; bath and hand towel (wash cloth optional)
–$5.00 Sleeping bag (to cover cost of washing and drying)
3. Damages (or theft) on my inventory (towels, dinnerware, glassware, et al) will be charged to you per cost to replace, repair, or clean such item(s).
a. Bath items – $10.00 bath towels; $8.00 hand towels; $6.00 wash cloths
b. Lost keys, $80; rekey $invoice value
c. NSF, late fees, or non-payment - $35
d. Other Items – see 3 above
4. Transportation – $5.00 Minimum transportation charge for ride to or from bus/train station (less than 3 miles).
a. $5.00, for requests made 12 hours ahead of intended pick-up/drop off time; $10.00, for request made less than 12 hours of intended pick-up/drop off time
b. Waiting Fees: free for the first 10 minutes, $1 every 5-minute increments
c. Mileage cost – $0.75 cents per mile after the first 3 miles
5. Luggage storage - fee may be assessed (please ask host/hostess)
a. host/hostess not responsible for missing items or damages to luggage
b. safety cameras available
c. luggage will be stored in the living room