The SpaceEuropean feeling, low beamed ceiling, wide plank floors, decorative tiled fireplace, classic paneled double Dutch doors. Art, books, gardens, near Tiffany's, Target, Whole Foods, great local music and fashion markets, and a wonderful library! Kitchen a bit retro but totally functional, French pantry, cozy, unexpected, delightful. We love children but cannot accommodate them in this house.
- Guest stays are a two night minimum.
- No children. Sorry. Guest AccessEntire house or one bedroom, depending on your needs. The beautiful swimming pool is closed for the season but guests may enjoy the patio and grounds for walking and relaxing while the weather is still warm and sunny this autumn!
- Free wi fi
- The maximum number of guests is 2. Sorry, no babies, toddlers, tweens, teens or any children.
- Guest stays are a two night minimum. Interaction with Guests- Yes. I will be local and can help with anything you need if you'd like that.
- Will provide the wi fi password when you check in. The NeighborhoodThis is a period property with charm in abundance; it is a little sanctuary and provides a haven from the day's rush. Charming, post-Revolutionary War cottage farm in historic Chapel Hill with gated, ivy-covered patio set on 1.5 park-like acres of mature foliage; enclosed pool with romantic English garden set back from house. Ideal weekend getaway -- unique yet in a convenient setting. Lovingly maintained but not perfectly "manicured." Getting AroundEasy, quick access to local shops, supermarkets, concerts, theaters
45 miles/75 minute drive from Manhattan via NJ Turnpike and Garden State Parkway to exit 114.
32 miles/40 minutes from Newark Airport. 22 miles/30 minutes from Amtrak's Iselin/MetroPark station.
10 minute drive to NJ Transit Middletown Station (train to NYC), bus to Port Authority, high-speed ferry to Wall Street and East side of Manhattan. 5 minute drive to Whole Foods and conveniences; 10 mins to Red Bank galleries and night life; 15 minutes to Garden State Parkway exit 109 for New Jersey Shore Points (Asbury Park, Bay Head, etc.). Other Things to Note- Safe, private parking
- Exterior and garden lights at night
- Free wi fi
- House is close to the road so sometimes there is light traffic noise.
- No children -- sorry -- because of the pool in summer, a winding stair case, steps into some rooms, and the furniture and electrical outlets are not covered.