The SpaceTotsuka is one of the ward of Yokohama. It's about 1 hour and 50 mins from Narita airport terminal 1 or 2.(additionally about 20-30 mins required from terminal 3) or 40 mins from Haneda airport by train.
You can find everything you need like a supermarket, drag stores and restaurants on your way to my place. 7-Eleven is only 2mins walk from my place. This is really convenient. You can get foods, beer, wine and even sake here. Also if you like sweats, I recommend a local cake shop called Canard, only 3mins away. You can buy a cake, cookie or anything here, come back to my place and have a coffee or tea, nice!
If you need a place to stay for a couple of night, for a week, or even more - I'm happy to host you! Let me know how I can help you.
Don't warry about language. I used to live in the US(Austin, TX for 5 years and Raleigh, NC for 2 years). You can ask me anything in English.
The apartment is three-story building. The 1st floor is a bakery(not run by me). My place is 2nd and 3rd floors.
The 2nd floor is the common area such as living room, kitchen and bathroom. One of rooms on the 3rd floor is yours. The other is private room of myself. Guest AccessYou are welcome to use the common area of the house.
- Cozy tatami-mat living room
I don't have TV, but I do have a couple of US comedy movies you can watch them on your iPhone/iPad via Wi-Fi portable DVD player.
- Enjoy Backgammon(form Peru), Othello, balero(from Mexico)
- Take a nap, drink sake, anything you want
- Kitchen(fridge, stove, microwave, toaster, rice cooker, coffee maker, cookwares, cutlery, chopsticks)
- Bathroom(Shower & bathtub), toilets on both 2nd and 3rd floors.
- Free Washer & Dryer
Of course the detergent is free also.
- Free Pocket Wi-Fi is available. You can bring it with you while you are getting around outside. Also mobile battery is available for charging the Wi-Fi and your smart phone when you travel. Interaction with GuestsI can be a tour guide on my holidays and/or evening, or I just hide in my room...
I'm happy to talk with you, have a drink, dinner etc.
I maybe not much stay at the house during weekdays and even on weekends.
I'd rather doing something such as exercise, hiking, or going to onsen(hot springs) etc. than staying inside. You are welcome to join me.
Let me know what you want to do during your stay. The Neighborhood- Safe, quiet neighborfood
- Only 8 minutes walk from Totsuka station.
Totsuka is a convenient hub for getting around Enoshima, Kamakura and Yokohama.(See Getting Around for more detail)
- All you need is available within walking distance.(See Restaurants and shops nearby for more detail)
Restaurants and shops nearby
- Indian Curry(Chai)
- Italian(Capricciosa - at Modi)
- Yakitori place(Tsubaki)
- Yakiniku(BBQ Kashio)
- Tonkatsu(Kamakura Katsu-yu - at modi)
- Takoyaki(Tsukiji Gindako - at modi)
- Soba & Tempura(Kamakura Minemoto - at modi)
- Ramen(Shinasobaya honten, Yukimura, Ramen truck)
- Izakaya(Watami, Doma-Doma, Uotamai and more)
- Cake shop(Canard, Fujiya)
- Supermarket(Apita, Daiso(100-yen shop) is also here)
- Drug store(HAC, Seijo)
- Convenience store(7-eleven, Lawson)
- Cafe(Starbucks, Coffee-kan, Mr. donut, St. Marc Cafe and local cafe)
- Fast food(McDonalds, Mos Burger)
- Family restaurant(Gusto, Jonathan's)
- Car rent(Nissan Rent-A-car, Times Car PLUS, ORIX CarShare)
and more, you can ask me what you want. Getting Around- Only 15mins to Kamakura by train
- Komachi-dori(Souvenier shops, local food and Kamakura beer)
- The Great Buddha of Kamakura(Kotoku-in)
- Seafood BBQ
- Sea Candle(Observation lighthouse)
- Samuel Coking Garden(Botanicak garden)
- Only 10mins to Yokohama by train
- Redbrick warehouse
- Cupnoodles Museum etc.