Halls Lake Cottage is ideal for families with children looking for a large beach, with safe, sandy shallow water. The property is exceptionally private with over 360' of your own waterfront and 14 acres with numerous trails and a scenic outlook to explore. The cottage is close to the water for easy access and to keep an eye on kids at the beach. The property faces west in a quiet bay for afternoon sun & evening sunsets with a grassy area at back for playing and sun throughout the day. The bay has over 1200 feet of waterfront with only two other cottages in the bay.
The cottage is spacious and clean with a large open concept layout. There is comfortable sleeping for at least 8 in 3 bedrooms, with 2 bathrooms and a finished walkout basement accented in pine with a cozy woodstove. There is a screened in porch that adjoins the hot tub room for lounging. The raised ceilings and large windows provide a bright atmosphere in a comfortable living room with rustic hardwood floors open to the spacious dining area and large kitchen.
Lounge on the wraparound deck directly overlooking the lake, or sit at the beach and enjoy sun or a swim to the raft with the kids. Boats include a family sized canoe, 2 kayaks, paddleboat and rowboat. Halls Lake is a large Haliburton lake rated very clean. You can boat to the public beach & playground or go tubing in the river at the top of Halls Lake.
The cottage is conveniently located 2 hours from Canada's Wonderland area near Carnarvon. Its on the East end of Muskoka / West side of Haliburton. Its only 15 - 20 minutes to Minden, Dorset and Haliburton village.
Local attractions within 7 minutes include Stanhope park & playground, tennis courts, library, museum, look-out trails, mini-golf, ATV / OFSC snowmobile trails, golf, many restaurants and stores with gas, ice cream & LCBO. Other nearby attractions include Sir Sams downhill skiing, Haliburton Forest, Parasailing, Algonquin park and more.
Contact us for more information or to check availability.
- Large sandy beach with 360' of safe, private & shallow sandy shoreline
- Large, private deck with BBQ
- Screened in porch overlooking the beach
- Bright open concept with rustic hardwood and a spacious kitchen & dining area
- A cozy pine walkout basement with pullout couch and wood stove
- Hot tub joined to the screened in porch
- Large back entrance with laundry facilities
- Sleeps 8 or more comfortably: queen in the master, double in second bedroom, 2 sets of bunks in the third bedroom sleeping 4, plus a pull-out couch in the walkout basement.
- Two 3 piece bathrooms: en-suite with shower and main with tub & shower
- Fully equipped kitchen with all appliances including dishwasher & large dining room table
- Well water with 5 stage filtration system including UV
- Central forced air heat for comfort all seasons
- Tire Swing
- Within 7 minutes: Stanhope park & playground, tennis courts, library, museum, look-out trails, mini-golf, ATV and OFSC snowmobile trails, golf, 6 restaurants, 3 convenience stores, LCBO, gas, movie rentals, hardware store, marina etc.
- Less than 20 minutes to Sir Sam's skiing, 30 minutes to Haliburton Forest and 40 minutes to Algonquin Park or Santa's Village.
- 15-20 minutes to Dorset, Minden, Haliburton Village, Muskoka and 40 minutes to Bracebridge & Huntsville
- Only 2 hours from Toronto (Hwy 400 & 407 - Canada's Wonderland area)
- Near the end of a very private cottage road with easy access to Hwy #35 and #118
- Close snowmobile access with two OFSC trails on the lake (OFSC “B” and “15”).
- Hike through the property or along the cottage road to Buttermilk falls less than 1km away.
- Location: 5 minutes north of Carnarvon on Hwy 35. Hwy # 11 north to Hwy # 118 east to #35 at Carnarvon then 5 min north to Halls Lake.
Waterfront Description & Nearby Activities
- Large sandy beach with 360' of safe, private and shallow shoreline
- 14 acres with trails to explore on a nicely treed lot with easy access to the cottage and water
- Sandy waterfront with excellent areas for kids to explore along the shoreline
- West facing in a private scenic bay to enjoy the sunsets
- Floating swim raft
- Fire pit
- 5 Boats: canoe, 2 kayaks, row boat, & paddleboat
- Quiet scenic lake good for water-skiing, swimming, exploring.
- Excellent fishing for trout & bass in a lake with very good water quality