The Space• We are 5 minutes from The Woodbury Commons Premium Shopping outlet. 39 miles and only 50 minutes from NYC (traffic permitting). 15 minutes to West Point Military Academy (under 12 miles).
• Inside our home, you will enjoy old and new. Wide blank pine floors dating back to 1859 with hand carved moldings around windows and door frames. 3 fireplaces including a pellet stove in winter for ambiance and extra warmth. It will keep you nice and toasty. Lots of windows so house is very bright.
• Our space can sleep up to 27 people plus a few air-beds to accommodate extra guests. Enjoy serenity, peace and privacy. Delicious, clean, fresh well water from our 100' deep well. In spring, summer and fall, enjoy breakfast or a bar-b-cue dinner while relaxing in the privacy of our large pool.
• 2 large flat screen HD TV's with cable, HBO, Showtime, Encore and Sports channels. Hi Speed Internet and Wifi throughout the house. Our home is fully-stocked with cookware, utensils, linens, towels, our personal spices & condiments for your use though you are certainly welcome to bring you own. Our pool is a 25x45 in-ground pool with lots of privacy.
• A great place for city-dwellers who need a respite from the concrete jungle. A fantastic home for a get-away, reunion, birthdays, retreat, gathering, wedding, intimate events. Get creative, relax, enjoy the serenity, tranquility and beauty of the area. Our focus is to provide a warm, welcoming experience for our guests.
• The entertainment room is a great space for business retreats, meetings, weddings and other affairs. Very private. Plenty of space on the lawns for tents for an outdoor wedding or reception.
• Perfect location to find trails at Harriman State park. Ski at West Point or Mt. Peter, or ice skate under the open sky and stars in Harriman State Park or Bear Mountain in the winter. Take a hot air balloon ride or visit art galleries and come home to relax.
• Enjoy the fresh air; pick apples in the fall on the property, go pumpkin picking, visit different wineries, see the foliage, skiing in the winter, lakes nearby, hiking, 20 minutes from West Point Military Academy, Sugar Loaf artists village. Enjoy an old fashioned Drive-In Theatre in the midst of a field and usually has a double feature. Monroe Woodbury Premium Shopping Outlets, Antiquing, Blooming Grove Organic Farmers Market, Villages of Sugarloaf, Warwick, Chester, Cornwall, Newburgh, Hudson on the River, Storm King Art Center, Ananda Ashrama.
• Minutes away from the beautiful Harriman State park for beautiful hikes and nature walks. Over 52,000 acres, 235 miles of hiking trails and countless lakes, beaches, ice skating in winter, fishing and boating. 2nd Largest park in New York State. Bear Mountain is a part of Harriman State Park and is at the northern end. Guest AccessWhole House, Pool and lawn, very private 5.5 acres.
Our pool is a 25x45 in-ground pool with lots of privacy. Lots of outside decks. There are 2 propane gas grills for you to use. 2 fire pits; one is a more organic campfire with stones and the other is a portable fire pit. Relax in privacy and star gaze at night around a fire pit. Interaction with GuestsAs much as required, and as little as desired. Owner is available at all times with any questions via text messaging, phone or Airbnb messaging.
The house is 100% totally yours during your stay. We want you to feel this is your home away from home. The NeighborhoodTHINGS TO DO IN THE AREA:
• Woodbury Common Outlets
• West Point Military Academy
• Harriman State Park (unforgettable beautiful scenery, hikes, lakes, etc.)
• Old fashioned Drive-In Theatre (one of my favorite things)
• Hiking in Harriman State Park (Apalachian Trail) Hiking - 235 miles of trails
• 3 Beaches in Harriman State Park; Lake Welch, Tiorati Beach Recreation Area and Hudson Park & Beach
• Hiking - 235 miles of trails
• Warwick Drive-In Theatre - an old fashioned drive-in theatre in an open field
• Sugar Loaf Crafts Village - Artists, Jewelers Village. • Artists, jewelers, painters, hand made toys, etc. Many one of a kind hand made unique gifts, leather bags, kaleidoscopes, paintings, etc. A really neat place to visit whether you are looking for special gift or just for yourself.
• Skiing at a choice of areas. West Point Academy & Mt. Peter Ski Resorts.
• Ice Skating in Harriman State Park or at Bear Mountain. Skate under the open skies or at night, under the stars.
• Leaf Peeping - Fall Foliage
• Ananda Ashram for yoga, meditation, dance, classes, spiritual-educational center
• Hudson River
• Bear Mountain State Park
• Ice Skating
• Apple Picking
• Pumpkin Picking and other fruits
• Snowboarding & Tubing
• Ice Skating
• Blooming Grove Organic Farmers Market
• Museum Village - 18 Century Village & Re-enactments
• Sugar Loaf Crafts Village
• Greenwood Lake - Boating, Fishing, Swimming
• Welch Beach - swimming
• Storm King Art Center
• Native American Pow Wow's in Bear Mountain, Rockland County and West Point
• Kayaking at Kayak Tours Storm King Adventure Tours, Cornwall-On-Hudson
Storm King Adventure Tours, Cornwall-On-Hudson NY
Walton Lake - Swim, Fish (license required), Canoe (must bring your own)
• Visit Orange County Choppers
• Go to an old fashioned Drive-In Theatre
• Tour local wineries
• Sky Diving in Gardiner, Middletown, Warwick
• Miniature Golf
• Hudson River Sight Seeing Cruises
• Batting Cages
• Golf at Mansion Ridge - a Jack Nicklaus Signature Golf Course, 1/2 mile from house
• West Point Golf Course - Designed by Robert Trent Jones and is a great challenge for all levels
• Golf at Hickory Hill Golf Course, Falkirk Golf Course, Green Ridge Golf Course, Mansion Ridge, West Point, Winding Hills Golf Course, Stony Ford Golf Course, Storm King Golf Course, Central Valley Golf Course
• The New York Renaissance Faire - August 6th - Oct 2nd.
• The Forest of Fear (put on by The New York Renaissance Faire Co.) Oct 7th- Oct 30th.
Very quiet area. 5 minutes from Woodbury Commons Outlet 2 miles from Harriman State Park and minutes to West Point and Bear Mountain.
Ski or snowboard at Victor Constant Ski Area or Mount Peter. Free lessons for beginners. West Point Victor Constant Ski Resort is a competitive Ski Resort and is the newest addition to our area in the Hudson Valley. The West Point Nordic Ski Team trains here and competes in a variety of meets throughout the Northeast in the Eastern Collegiate Ski Conference (ECSC) of the US Collegiate Ski & Snowboard Association (USCSA). This is a great ski area for beginners as well as advanced and serious skiers.
Sterling Forest is a great teaching mountain for beginners and families and yet, has challenging terrain for advanced and seasoned skiers or riders. It is inexpensive and has lift service, 7 trails on a mountain known locally as Tiger Mountain. It has a "bunny slope" with a teaching area, numerous intermediate runs, a NASTAR racing course and a terrain park. There is also a lift serviced tubing center and is lighted for night skiing. Group or private lessons available. During the off season, it offers paintball, concerts, the NY Spartan Spring (a component event of the Reebok Spartan Race) and the famous Renaissance Faire which begins in August and runs through September.
Mount Peter also has skiing, snowboarding, tubing and night skiing. Mount Peter also offers free lessons for beginners on weekends and holidays for skiing and snowboarding. Taught by PSIA (Professional Ski Instructors of America) and AASI (American Association of Snowboard Instructors). Like Sterling Forest, Mount Peter is family friendly and now offers "Sunkid Carpet Lift" which makes it very easy for your first time on the slopes. Mount Peter has a nationally recognized ski race program. One can get group or private lessons. Enjoy a cup of hot chocolate in the lodge. Like Sterling Forest, Mont Peter is inexpensive and even offers lessons for the tiny tots (ages 4 and under).
Go apple and pumpkin picking in the fall. Take a hike or go fishing in Harriman State Park with his many trails, lakes with beaches, hiking, unforgettable scenery. Ice Skate under the stars (or sun) at the Bear Mountain Ice Skating Rink or in Harriman State Park. Enjoy a day at The Woodbury Commons Shopping Outlet is only 5 minutes away. Woodbury Commons Premium Outlet is the largest shipping outlet in the US. Whether you just to browse and window shop or visit it's many upscale stores, you will enjoy this beautifully designed shopping experience,
Wine tasting in America's oldest wine making & grape growing region (Brotherhood Winery in Washingtonville, Baldwin Vineyards in Pine Bush, Applewood Winery in Warwick and more). Visit Sugar Loaf Arts & Craft Village which as over 60 artists studios, craft shops, galleries, jewelry stores. It is surrounded by apple orchards and horse farms and is home of artisans or just walk down the streets of quaint Warwick with it's antique stores and artsy crafts, art and jewelry. Take a boat or jet ski in the summer at Greenwood Lake. Hike the Appalachian Trail in the Warwick Valley. Stay close to home and go skiing with inexpensive tickets, night skiing, snow tubing, and children's programs.
Visit Museum Village and take a walk through the 19th century of dress and reenactments. Tour the open-air historical museum and explore vignettes of 19th century American Life. Museum Village has a unique collection of eclectic artifact, has hands-on educational that one can participate in and can register for a workshop or event. You will step inside a 200 year old log cabin, sit in a one room schoolhouse, watch a broom being made, make a candle yourself, see an authentic real Mastodon skeleton, visit the 130 year old general store. In the fall, Museum Village features the "Pure Terror Scream Park".
There are several Native American Pow Wow's in the area, Bear Mountain, Northern Rockland County & West Point.
For those of you who enjoy theatre, visit The Playhouse at Museum Village which is operated by the Muddy Water Players.
Enjoy The United States Military Academy at West Point and take a walk through time and trace the paths of generals and presidents. Visit the famous West Point Cemetery, the West Point Museum, concerts and shows at Eisenhower Hall, Cadet Review Schedule (Parades), guided tours and sporting events. Enjoy brunch at The Thayer Hotel.
Woodbury Common Premium Outlets with over 220 designer stores, such as Michael Kors, Tory Burch, Nike, Celine, Chanel, Coach, Gucci, Bottega Veneta, Polo Ralph Lauren, North Face, Off 5th, Tommy Hilfiger and more. For motorcycle enthusiasts, visit Orange County Choppers, Newburgh Waterfront on the Hudson (lots of wonderful restaurants, bistro's, cafe, with 2 paddle wheel cruise boats, dinner cruises, jet skiing, kayaking, and so much more. There is The Newburgh Symphony Orchestra and Washington's Headquarters has spoken tours. Storm King Art Center I500 acre landscape of beauty, with serene fields, hills and woodlands, which provides the perfect setting for a collection of more than 100 sculptures created by some of the most acclaimed artists of our time.
Discover Washington's Headquarters and Harness Racing Museum & Hall of Fame in Goshen with historic collections.
Fall is approaching. Take a drive through Harriman State Park or Bear Mountain and the Bear Mountain Bridge to view the gorgeous foliage. Or drive through Highland Falls (Billy Joel even wrote a song about it) and pick up 9W near West Point. You will be near the river and have lots of peeping opportunities. Just ask and I will give you plenty of suggestions.
The Hudson Valley was the first wine producing region in the nation, and Orange County is still home to several award winning wineries:
• Applewood Winery – Warwick
• Baldwin Vineyards – Pine Bush
• Brotherhood Winery – Washingtonville
• Christopher Jacobs Winery at Pennings Vineyards – Pine Bush
• Clearview Vineyard – Warwick
• Demarest Hill Winery – Warwick
• Orchard Hill Cider Mill – New Hampton
• Palaia Vineyards – Highland Mills
• The Little Wine Bus – Greater New York area
• Warwick Valley Winery & Distillery – Warwick
• Hot Air Balloon at Fantasy Balloon Flights in Middletown
• Paragliding at Ellenville Flight Park
• Skydiving in Middletown
Ananda Ashram is a Yoga retreat and spiritual and educational center around the corner with daily Yoga, Chanting, Sanskrit classes plus classical Indian dance, music instruction and workshops.
Please visit the website Orange (URL HIDDEN) to search for the date that you wish to stay and see all of the exciting thins happening locally. Getting AroundThere are many transportation options. Driving to our location (plenty of onsite parking available). Metro North Train (NJ Transit) to the Harriman Station (a 3 minute drive from the house) and is under an hour from Penn Station, Shortline Bus from The Port Authority to Harriman, as well as Coach and Greyhound buses, taxi, Uber, Lyft or renting our vehicle (depending on availability). Other Things to NoteFall is approaching. Take a drive through Harriman State Park or Bear Mountain and the Bear Mountain Bridge to view the gorgeous foliage. Or drive through Highland Falls (Billy Joel even wrote a song about it) and pick up 9W near West Point. You will be near the river and have lots of peeping opportunities. Just ask and I will give you plenty of suggestions.
You can hold events at the house for an additional Event charge.
No smoking inside of the home. Smoking is allowed outside the home. Please be respectful and dispose of cigarette butts properly. Please don't leave them on our lawn or driveway.
The house has cable including HBO, Showtime, Starz, Encore, plus many sports channels all in HD, plus super fast Hi Speed Internet and Wifi. There are 4 fire extinguishers in the house, a first aid kit on the first floor and a buoy at the pool.
Be mindful and respectful. This is someone's home. Everything should be left in or returned to its place. Accidents can happen, so please be upfront if anything is broken, or damaged.
Use of pool is at Guest's own risk.