The SpaceWe are located at the end of a quiet no-through-road, on 1 1/2 acres that feature beautiful gardens and a surrounding of enormous gum trees.
Your retreat is fully equipped with a comfortable queen bed, generous wardrobe, spacious bathroom, fully functional kitchen (with full-size fridge/freezer, 2 cook-tops and a microwave - but no oven), a couch, television (with access to Netflix!), and, best of all, you have your own private verandah out the back of the house, with a comfortable swing chair - perfect for one or two people to relax on with a cuppa.
Your bedroom and kitchen have gorgeous, private bush views.
You will find your kitchen stocked ready for breakfast, including:
- Various teas
- Ground coffee for your French Press + instant coffee
- Sugar & honey
- Milk (if you'd prefer Almond, Soy etc. please let us know on booking)
- Butter & Vegemite
- Salt & Pepper
- Eggs Guest AccessWhen you arrive, you'll enter through our automatic gate (just push the button on the post!) and come up our driveway. If you're driving, there is a partially covered space where you can park your car, right next to your retreat.
If you're arriving via train, it's a pleasant 1km walk from the station to our home - but make sure to let us know that this is how you're arriving, and if we're available we'll come pick you up if you'd prefer!
Your apartment is next to our garage, which is under our house. You have a completely private space, with your own keys to front and back doors. Interaction with GuestsThis retreat is perfect if you want some quiet, private time. But, we're happy to chat to you if you have any questions about your accommodation or the local area, as we work from home, so are generally always on-site in our home to assist you if necessary.
If you're looking for even more relaxation during your stay, one of your hosts - Jess - is a qualified yoga teacher, and offers private lessons in vinyasa flow and restorative yoga in her yoga studio in our home upstairs. If you're interested in booking a private yoga lesson/s during your stay, please just message us and we'll give you more details! The NeighborhoodThis retreat has the dual benefits of being quiet and secluded, while also being a pleasant walking distance to the town of Mooloolah Valley - which has a supermarket, bottle shop, pharmacy, bakery, cafe, multiple take-away restaurants, post office, and more - everything you need to stock up and settle in for a quiet retreat. (We walk to town to do our shopping regularly!)
If you prefer to eat out, you're nice and close if you fancy heading out on foot for a coffee, lunch, or to pick up some locally-made food for dinner (we reckon we have the best Indian restaurant in Queensland right here in town - and the pizza is awesome, too).
If you're a horse rider, we're very close to the Mooloolah Valley Riding Centre.
We're also close to Dularcha National Park, which has walking trails and mountain biking trails (including the tunnel trail to nearby Landsborough), and just a few km away from the gorgeous Ewen Maddock Dam, which is perfect for swimming or kayaking - and has a wonderful hiking trail around it too (highly recommended!). Getting AroundYou have parking on-site, and if you have a car, you'll have access to a wealth of natural beauty and attractions, such as Australia Zoo (just 10 minutes drive), the Sunshine Coast Great Walk (25 minutes drive), Aussie World (10 minutes drive), as well as all the other gorgeous Sunshine Coast attractions, beaches, and the hinterland walks and towns.
If you're travelling via public transport, you can easily get to many local attractions (such as the beach and Australia Zoo) by hopping on the train at Mooloolah, going one station along to Landsborough, from which there are lots of buses to local attractions. Other Things to Note- You have 2 yoga mats in your bedroom wardrobe for your use while you stay with us. There is plenty of space around the property to practice, including a lawn space right outside your back deck.
- We have 2 sea kayaks available for hire to use on nearby Ewen Maddock Dam. The hire cost is $40 AUD per trip - this includes us dropping you and the kayaks off and picking you up again when you're done :)
- The retreat is no-smoking indoors - but you are welcome to smoke outside.
- You are welcome to use our washer and dryer - we have a separate entrance to our laundry at the back of our house - please just ask us and we can organise access for you.
- Please note - we are on tank water. We will provide you with a water filter jug if you prefer to drink filtered water. Also, there is a pump out the back of the house, which will switch on when anyone uses the water. It's quiet, but in order to avoid disturbing you, we endeavour to avoid using the water between 10pm and 7am while we have guests staying with us. You, of course, can use the water any time, day or night, as the pump noise doesn't worry us at all.
** Want to extend your stay during the week?
We currently have weekdays blocked off as unavailable, as there are 2 houses being built on blocks adjacent to us, which means there is building noise on weekdays. We also work from home as silversmiths, so there is some 'work' noise in the garage next to your retreat between 9am and 5pm weekdays. However, if you're wanting a base to explore the region, and aren't worried about the noise during the day, please message us, and we may be able to make the dates you need available.