The SpaceTreat yourself to mountain views and fresh air at The Haven Chalet, a shelter from the hectic life of the city. Located in Munds Park, just 120 miles North of Phoenix, enjoy the Coconino National Forest which is just a block from the cabin with meandering hiking trails. One mile down the road is Pinewood Country Club where you can spend the day on their 18-hole championship golf course! Lake O'Dell is located just a mile and a half away, Flagstaff is 20 minutes away, Sedona is 30 minutes East, and Grand Canyon National Forest is 90 miles from the cabin. Enjoy Sedona's famous red rocks where there are spectacular views, spas, hiking trails, shops, restaurants, and art galleries. Northern Arizona University (NAU) or the Lowell Observatory in Flagstaff is nearby. Go to the theatre, attend a concert, or visit a museum. Ski and snowboard at Arizona Snowbowl (27 miles north), Ride the Polar Express on the Grand Canyon Railway and see if the bell still rings for you!
After a long day of fun, come back home where you'll feel welcomed with all the amenities you'll need to relax and revive. Here you will find a fully equipped kitchen stocked with everything you need from microwave, silverware, coffee maker, cups, glasses, pots, pans, plates, toaster, and blender. The dining room table will easily seat 6-8 people for meals. Want to BBQ dinner? Enjoy the stainless steel propane BBQ. And what about evening home entertainment? Your family will enjoy the satellite TV, Wii, x-box, board games, DVD’s, and wireless internet. Keep cool in summer enjoying the Munds Park breezes, a/c, and ceiling fans in almost every room or sit outside on the deck. After a long day of winter snowmobiling or snowshoeing, get toasty warm in the lovely great room around the large stone wood burning fireplace.
Is it time to snuggle in for the night? There are two bedrooms on the main floor, which sleep up to 6. Three bathrooms mean no hassles for that morning shower! And did we mention the mother-in-law room off the garage, which sleeps an additional 2 people? It’s perfect for the older kids or second family looking for their own space. Your Chalet includes all linens, (sheets, towels, etc.) as well as a baby gate for the stairs, a pack-n-play, a highchair, and a booster seat.
We have provided, below, for your browsing pleasure, a list of various cultural, sport and social activities in the area. This is just a taste of the fun in store for you. And don’t forget, with a full kitchen, you can either enjoy all or part of your meals at home, saving money, or if you prefer, you can really splurge on the truly excellent restaurants to be found close by in Flagstaff or in Sedona.
Whether you are bringing your ATV, Snowmobile or family, with multiple cars, there is a two car garage, PLUS parking on the ample cement pad for an additional two vehicles. No reason to leave that snowmobile at home!! Arizona Snowbowl is northwest of Flagstaff. Daily lift tickets are approx. $50. There is sledding west of Flagstaff at Wing Mountain Recreational Area.
We want your stay at The Haven Chalet to be as relaxing and enjoyable as possible.
Pinewood Restaurant: 65 Pinewood Blvd, Munds Park, Arizona (PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN)
Sedona: Please review in our guest book
Flagstaff: Please review in our guest book
Grocery Stores -
Woody Food Store, 35 Pinewood Blvd, Munds Park, AZ 86017
Speedy’s Convenient, 101 Cameron, AZ (PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN)
Safeway Grocery Store, 1201 S. Plaza Way, Flagstaff, AZ 86001
Bashas, 1000 North Humphreys Street, Flagstaff, AZ 86002
Shell Gas, 82 Pinewood Blvd, Munds Park, AZ 86017
Pinewood Country Club
Northern Arizona University Activities: nau edu Cultural-Activities
Polar Express Train
ATV and Buggy Rental
Address: 2740 W. State Route 89A, Sedona, AZ 86336
4 Wheel Drive
Guided Snowmobile and Nordic Cross Country Skiing: Mormon Lake
Snowshoeing and Cross Country Skiing: Walker Lake Guest AccessWhole house. Interaction with GuestsAlways available by phone or email. The NeighborhoodThe home is within a quiet, hilly, wooded area with nature all around. Getting AroundThe cabin is just minutes from the Munds Park exit (off I-17), yet far enough away that you will not hear any traffic. Other Things to NoteCheck-in time is 4 p.m. Early check in may possible at times. Please ask.
Upon arrival please go through the cabin and let us know of any issues right away.
If you find food or coffee you are welcome to use it. We also have an array of spices- sugar, salt/pepper and various seasonings there for you to use. There are pots, pans, cookie sheets, roasting pans and a large crock pot.
Laundry- Please bring your own laundry detergent if you need to do personal laundry. The detergent at the cabin is only to be used for towels and sheets for the cabin.
Groceries- The Shell station has basic items such as milk, eggs, firewood and beverages. Larger grocery stores would be in Flagstaff.
Cell Phone Coverage- Verizon, Sprint, and AT&T service works well.
Firewood- If you plan to use the wood-burning fireplace or fire pit, please bring firewood or Dura Flame with you. You can purchase either at the Shell station. Please keep your fire small and never leave unattended.
Central Heat Thermostat- Located in the hallway. Thank you for turning down to 50 if you leave the house to go out for the day (winter). Please turn the unit off if you are leaving for the day in the summer months so that the fan does not run.
Gas Grill- A propane tank is provided. There is typically an extra tank in the garage should the one in the grill be empty. The tank in the grill is locked in place for security reasons. The key is located above the kitchen sink by the plant. If the tank in the garage is missing upon your check-out, you will be charged a $60 replacement fee. If in the rare occasion both propane tanks are empty, we recommend that you swap it out at the Chevron station. We will reimburse you provided you submit a receipt.
Garbage- Please use the Norton Garbage Can. Pickup is Monday mornings. We ask our guests who are here on Sundays to help by rolling out the garbage can to the curb on Sunday evenings. If you are unable to do this please let us know and we will send someone over to do it.
Recycle- Pickup is every other Thursday please roll can out to curb on Wednesday. We will let you know ahead of time if your visit is during the recycle pickup.
Check-out/CLOSING THE CABIN POLICY
Your check-out time is no later than 11 a.m. (During busy holiday and summer periods we will not be able to accommodate a late checkout because our cleaners will need time to prepare the cabin for the next guest who will be checking in on the same day.)
Before you leave, please do the following to ensure your deposit refund and help our housekeeper prepare for our next guests.
- Please remove flat and fitted sheets and pillow cases from all used beds. Comforters and blankets can be left on the beds in the rooms that you found them.
- Place all used bed sheets and pillow cases in the hall, by the washer/dryer, so the housekeeper can wash them.
- Place all used towels, up to one load, in the washer and start a load of laundry prior to checking out. If all towels do not fit in one load, put the excess towels with the sheets in the hallway.
- Wash all dishwasher safe dishes, pots, and pans in the dishwasher and put away.
- Remove any food that you brought to the cabin with you.
- Remove and Bag all of your trash from inside and outside the cabin and place in the Norton trash barrel or recycle bin for glass, paper and cans only.
- On Sunday please roll the trash barrel to the curb in front of the cabin for pick-up. Recycle goes out on Wednesday night (see the schedule on the fridge).
- If the fireplace was used make sure fire is extinguished. Do NOT remove ashes.
- Please make sure all appliances are turned off.
- If you used the central heat (winter) please turn thermostat in hallway down to 50 degrees.
- If you used any space heaters make sure they are all turned to OFF and unplugged before you go.
- If you used the fan (summer), please turn the system off.
- Please close all blinds, shut and lock all windows, turn off all lights, and lock all doors. The screen doors are to remain UNLOCKED.
- Please report broken, stained, or damaged items, as they occur, so we may prepare for our next guests stay.
- Check each room and look under beds to make sure you have gathered all of your personal belongings.
- If the grill was used, cover it and return all utensils to the cabin. Double check to make sure gas is turned off.
- If you used the snow shovels, please return them to the garage.
- If the fire pit area was used, please place the chairs face down to help keep the sitting surfaces dry.