The SpaceApartment on Broadway Market. No charge for extra guests. No weekend pricing, no hidden charges, etc.
** Very happy to accommodate longer stays (of 1-3 months).
** An automatic 20% discount displays when you request more than 28 days
It is my regular home, I live here, so you can be assured it has:
• everything you know you need (pots, pans, crockery and knives, a fridge-freezer, oven, kettle, washer, microwave, blender, iron, ironing board, vacuum cleaner, hair dryer, laundry basket, etc.)
• plenty of things that might be useful (e.g., a laserjet printer; chargers and adapters and cables; extension cords)
• many handy things to help you settle in fast (e.g., The cupboards are full of teas, coffees, herbs, spices, oils, vinegars, etc. The shelves are full of books and DVDs that you are welcome to browse through.)
Clean towels & bedding are provided. The flat has a double bedroom, hallway, bathroom with shower, and a kitchen/living room. Like everywhere on Broadway Market, it's compact (about 30m squared). But it's not a 'studio' – it's a full flat, with separate rooms. It’s the perfect size for 1 person or a couple.
You have a large private garden at the back of the house, furnished with swing chairs and tables and a barbecue. Perfect for drinks and BBQs when the sun is shining, or if you want to work in a peaceful environment during the day. Interaction with GuestsI am happy to offer as much or little contact as possible throughout your stay. The NeighborhoodBROADWAY MARKET
The apartment is actually on Broadway Market, and this is the main appeal. Broadway Market is a historic East London street that nowadays is packed with artsy bistros and patisseries, pubs and bars, and a panoply of great restaurants (Italian, Indian, Argentinian, Greek, Vietnamese, Japanese, Turkish, Spanish, Lebanese; plus a Fish & Chip shop). And it has grocery stores, bookshops, a salon, a post office, a pharmacy, etc... all in the space of 1 minute walk from your front door, on one little "village" street.
THE WEEKEND MARKET
Every Saturday, Broadway Market hosts a street-long food and thrift market: Mediterranean charcuterie; French cheeses; artisan breads; Persian wraps; Ghanaian curry. There are stalls selling your vintage homeware, jewellery and local arts. You won't be able to leave your house on Saturday without going to it.
DIRECTLY AROUND THE AREA
The flat is sandwiched between
• 'London Fields' at one end of Broadway Market (1 min from your front door) – a big park for lazing. Inside it is London's only open-air swimming pool, a recently restored Victorian 'Lido'.
• the Regents Canal 1 minute the other way, with walks and canal-side cafés and restaurants.
OUTSIDE THAT AREA
Tons of shopping and nightlife options are all around the corner. The whole borough around Hackney is home to all the self-consciously stylish, so is full of shopping options to please – vintage, hipster, arty, designer – and the best nightspots.
10 minutes’ cycle ride away from the apartment,there is:
• Brick Lane, with its thrift shops, boutique markets, Indian food
• The Columbia Road flower market every Sunday
• Dalston Getting AroundFrom the flat, you can be at Bethnal Green Underground station in 5-10 minutes. From Bethnal Green, you are on the 'Central Line' – which cuts right across the centre of London like a spine, meaning you can get everywhere pretty quickly.
e.g., From Bethnal Green station, you can be:
--- in Stratford (Olympics park) in 5 minutes
--- at St Paul's Cathedral in 8 minutes
--- at Piccadilly Circus / Covent Garden in 20 minutes
Alternatively, a 10-minute walk north brings you to Hackney Central Overground station, whose line cuts across North London. Via this, you can get to Camden (10 minutes), Hampstead (15 minutes) or south to Peckham and Clapham (20 minutes).