Established in 1990, the Alessandro Palace has become one of the most popular hostels in Rome for backpackers & independent travellers worldwide.
The Alessandro Palace Hostel provides energy-saving air-conditioning & heating units as well as bathrooms in every room. Located in a safe central area, Alessandro Palace Hostel is a short walk (5 minutes) from Termini, Rome's central transportation hub for buses, metro, taxi stops, and trains to get you where you want to go.
The Alessandro Palace Hostel is one of the few hostels in Rome to have its own onsite pub with satellite TV & the cheapest drink specials in town. Furthermore, Alessandro Palace Hostel is a proud selected member of Europe's Famous Hostels.
Alessandro Palace Bar boasts a traditional Roman style architecture & atmosphere.
Michelangelo’s masterpiece “The Creation” painted on the ceiling welcomes you along with our friendly bar staff. It is the perfect place to sit back, relax and chat with fellow travellers over a beer!
A wide screen TV and surround sound speaker system keeps you entertained with all the sports & music until late. The bar offers wi-fi connection, special events: parties, games, the cheapest drinks in town and happy hour every night.
Bar open from 6pm until 2am (last call 1:30am) every night!
**** Notice about Rome's new tourist tax ****
Rome City Council decided to charge 2 Euros per person per night on tourists who visit Rome. It is implemented from the 01/01/2011. We are sorry but this is unfortunately NOT included in the accommodation fee, upon making reservation please consider this extra fee in your budget..
Specials & News !
* NEW!! Alessandro Palace ANNEX and it’s new private rooms!!
We are happy to announce our brand new rooms at the Alessandro Palace ANNEX.
Just 1 min. walking distance from the main Alessandro Palace.
All rooms are equipped with TV, mini-fridge, A/C, wi-fi, and lockers or safe.
There are both types of room, either ensuite or with shared bathroom.
• FREE & FAST Wi-Fi (hotspot) is now available in all rooms and common area!
• Lockers available in all dorm rooms!
• Our DOUBLES become more comfortable with TV & Mini-fridge!
* Breakfast (ham, cheese, jam & butter, bread, cereals, fruit, hot/cold drinks, milk): 4 Euros
* Free city maps
* Tourist info stand
* Credit card accepted
* No curfew
* Linens & blankets included
* 24 hour reception
* Open throughout year
* Late arrivals accepted (Check-in available after 3 pm)
* Free luggage storage (before check-in, after check-out)
* Vending machines
* Rental towels (Included in price for double rooms)
* Free parties organized
* All rooms ensuite bathroom
* Air conditioning & heating units (at any time in double rooms, time controlled in dorms)
* Hot showers
* Double rooms with TV, mini-fridge
* Alessandro Palace Roof Garden (8:00am-9:00pm)
* Key card access
* Safe in double rooms
* Lockers in all dorm rooms (Please use with your own padlock)
* Video surveillance system
* Fire alarm system
* Fire proof doors
Amusements & Activities :
* On-site bar
* Free parties – bar
* Satellite with widescreen TV – bar
* Internet access in computer room (Nominal fee)
* FREE & FAST Wi-Fi (hotspot) available in all rooms and lobby
* Meeting point for walking tours
* Central location
* Close to Termini station, Bus stops, Metro station
* Supermarket nearby
* Discount agreed laundry nearby
* Discount agreed restaurants nearby
* Easy access any historic sites:
Colosseum, Roman Forum, San Pietro in Vincoli, Basilica Santa Maria Maggiore, the shopping Mecca Spanish steps, Trevi Fountain, the classy Via Veneto can all be reached on foot in half an hour approx.
* Airport pick up arranged upon request.
Fee for 1-4 persons with 4 suitcases: from 57 Euros (for a car).
Fee for 5-8 persons with suitcases (one with one person): from 15 Euros (per person)
1. The stated price is minimum tariff, the fee varies depending, on flight arrival time and airport (Fiumicino / Ciampino)
2. It must be requested least 3 days prior to arrival as we need to check availability.
* For further details, please inquire by e-mail AFTER making reservation!
Note for cleaning service:
Our reception is open 24 hours a day, so there are no curfews. There is no lock-out during the day, but we do ask that you help our cleaners out by staying out of their way as much as possible during their work.
Cleaning hours are from 10h00 until 15h00. You may check-in or check-out at the front desk at anytime. Therefore you can leave your luggage at our luggage deposit (ask at reception upon arrival).
Please make sure to inform us of any changes of your arrival !
Those with a late flight arrival need not be concerned, as reception is open 24 hrs.
Note for GROUP RESERVATIONs:
* Group reservations with the number of guests in excess of 8 people are NOT acceptable through the on-line reservation system.
Cases in which this term is not respected, we reserve the right to cancel the reservation/s without any notice and the paid deposit is not refundable!!
Payment is due upon arrival. If a reservation is cancelled with less than 48 hours notice (unless advice otherwise) prior to the arrival date, the amount charged will be equivalent to the total amount of the first night's reservation. Cancellations or alterations are accepted only via email or fax. Phone cancellations/alterations are not accepted.
* Heating & air conditioning are on energy-saving timers.
** In storage room. Provide your own locks or purchase one from the vending machines.
*** We are unable to send fax or letters for visa document applications to embassies and/or consulates.