The SpaceThe 4 bedrooms opening on a patio - 3 bathrooms
Main bedroom 20 m² (double bed)
Large bedroom 26 m² (double bed and single)
Bedroom 14 m² (double bed)
Tiny bedroom 7 m² (where only one single bed can fit)
Globally, main beds for up to 6-8 people, with 3 combinations available :
. 3 double + 2 single
. 2 double + 4 single
. 1 double + 5 single
On demand, thick mattresses could be added on the floor (for a total of up to 11 people)
. 1 bathroom is a private one, ensuite to the main bedroom
. 2 of the bathrooms are very large with large window
. 1 bathroom is smaller but still with a bath (Note : the enamel layer of this bathtub is old and therefore looks grey, although it is perfectly clean)
. New ikea kitchen, fully equipped for family life
. The connection reaches the whole flat (details in the booklet left in the flat)
While resting at home, you might enjoy these...
. A piano
. Books (english, spanish, french)
. DVDs (english, spanish, french)
. Cards and play board games
. All beds are in the bedrooms, none in the living room
. All mattresses are thick ones, even the mattresses to be added on the floor on demand
. All bedroom windows open on a patio, which makes it quiet like a den (only living room windows opening on the street)
COOL FLAT in summer
. No need for air-conditioning in an old building with thick walls, high ceilings, and interior shutters on the street windows : the flat keeps cool in summer. In case of special peak of heat, the 4 ceiling fans and the 3 mobile ventilators work efficiently. Guest AccessSPACE
· It is possible to store baby trolley in the common area downstairs, which is kept locked
. Not possible for disabled guests : the access to the lift is at the intermediate level between two floors, not at the level of the flats. Interaction with GuestsWELCOMING
· We mean to personally welcome to our guests, but in case it wouldn’t be possible, we organize a personal welcoming by a third person
· We will be available for phone or video calls at any time during the stay of our guests
· You are welcome to use our touristic books and maps
· Basic food will be available in the fridge and cupboards for your arrival
· Provided : Bed sheets, towels, hair dryer, body items (shampoo…), usual domestic products
· You are welcome to use our rackets if you wish to play tennis in Retiro Park
· We do not have baby furniture anymore. In case you’d need it, please tell, and we would try to help it
BOOKLET for SUGGESTIONS and ADVICE
· A booklet at your disposal at home for specific details and for our 'Best of' advice in Madrid The NeighborhoodWALKING DISTANCES
→ Walking distances to Madrid Centre interests:
· Museums (Prado, Thyssen, Fundación Mapfre) - at 7-9 mn walk
· Tourism and leisure (roof tops cafés, tapas) - at 2-10 mn walk
· Park and nature (Parque Retiro, Paseo Prado/Recoletos) - at 2-5 mn walk
· Shopping area (Salamanca, Gran Vía, Chueca) - at 5-15 mn walk
· Historical areas (Las Letras, Pza Mayor, Sol) - at 12-20 mn walk
OUR ‘BEST OF’
→ Our ‘Best of’ city life :
· Retiro Park, its animations, its lake and boats for rent, its tennis courts, its out door theatre festival Titirilandia
· Roof top Cafés in Palacio de Cibeles and in Circulo de Bellas Artes
→ Our 'Best of' art :
. Guernica of Picasso in Reina Sofía Museo
· The house of the painter Sorrolla
· The art collection of the Fundación Lázaro
· The museum of the Navy - Museo Naval
· The street sculptures in Las Letras, and rooftop sculptures in Alcalá and Gran Vía
→ Our 'Best of' food shopping :
· Mercado San Anton C/Augusto Figueroa : supermarket, specialities, and Rooftop café
EVENTS and FESTIVALS
· Traditional and seasonal events (Processions of Semana Santa, Tauromaquía, “Fiesta de la trashumancía”…)
· Out door festivals in summer (pop up cine, music, street animations, street art, “Festival Verano de la Villa”...) Getting AroundAIRPORT TRANSFER (from and to the airport)
· Take the shuttle AEROPUERTO EXPRESS 24 – frequency 20 mn – direct to Plaza de Cibeles within 40 minutes (bus station at 5 minutes walking) – Prepare the change 5€
. Organize pick-up transport with BARAJAS TRANFERS (cheap and easy for groups, they can speak english, online booking)
HOW TO MOVE
· Our flat is at walking distance from most of touristic sites, shops, markets, restaurants…
· There is very little need for public transport
· No need for a car in Madrid Centre
· Direct Bus 8 minutes to Atocha train station, for day trips to other cities (Toledo, Segovia, Sevilla, Córdoba, Avila, Barcelona, Alicante...)
· There is a nice and cheap City Electric Bike service available in Madrid : takes a bit of time for first use and reservation
· In RENT & ROLL shop : Renting bikes, skateboards, and rollerblades for reasonable price - They also organize city bike tours - shop situated next street (C/ Salustiano Olózaga) - Open every day - Ideal for complete tour of Retiro
Cheap taxis, plenty of them, easy to hail while passing, fluid traffic…
On short distances and for up to 4 people, it can make sense to afford for a taxi rather than travel by bus.
The app Uber also is an option
'Retiro' and 'Banco de España' (Linea 2). Buy a '10 travels' ticket at the metro desk, and use it in autobuses as well.
· There are at the least 15 lines passing Plaza Cibeles and Plaza Independencía, and night service also.
· Use metro tickets that you will have bought at the metro desk.
· All buses and bus stops provide free wifi.
· The web EMT plan efficiently routes, delays and wait time. As well does the App EMT for android and ios.
· Low cost long term car park at 15 minutes driving (around 30€-40€ /week), with “pick-up service Door to Park" available if previous booking online
· Free street parking in town on Saturdays after 3:00 pm, Sundays, local Bank holidays, and in August
EXCURSIONS by TRAIN
· Train station Atocha (8 minutes by bus linea 19) : for trains leading to Barcelona, Alicante, Cordoba, Sevilla, Toledo, Segovia ...
EXCURSIONS by CAR
For excursions to other cities or to the mountains:
· "Blabla Car" or "Blue Move Neighborhood Car Sharing" Other Things to NoteMencionar que se accede al ascensor en el nivel intermedio entre las plantas del edificio, por le que puede ser complicado para personas en silla de ruedas.
Ademas de las sabanas y toallas, facilitamos champú, et productos básicos de baño. Hay 2 secadores de pelo en el piso.
Habitualmente, facilitamos el primer desayuno o snack, especialmente si los huéspedes llegan por el fin del día sin poder ir a comprar antes de la noche : dejamos comida básica en la nevera y en los armarios.