The SpaceThe bedroom itself resides in a French inspired Manor House built by my parents in 2007 and is the perfect romantic retreat for those who want to explore rural Chiang Mai from a spacious, off the beaten path estate. Mountain biking, spending a day at an elephant sanctuary or merely catching up on some reading.. this is a truly a one of kind stay.
Come experience the unique charm and elegance of this ground floor bedroom, reminiscent of the south of France. You will find Provencal art and design, angelic wall paintings, and a queen-size bed with wooden frame and soft quilted comforter. There is a also a flat screen tv inside the room with dvd player and satellite channels. The tower-like sitting area has a table for reading or drinking tea with a view outside of our wishing well courtyard.
Every morning we provide a hearty breakfast for you, served downstairs or outside on the patio when the weather permits - usually will be Thai rice soup, fried rice or noodles, some greens, eggs, ham, sausage, juice, coffee, tea and toast, milk or cereal.
The Manor House has also been tastefully decorated with a good mix of antique, handmade and second hand furniture and decorations. There are lots of great period features throughout the house including high ceilings, old paintings, ceiling roses, handmade stained glass (my family used to have stained glass business), Art Nouveau and Art Deco pieces, and custom fireplaces.
ABOUT THE GROUNDS
Our garden includes a wide variety of greenery with beautiful flowers, plants and native trees that spread across the large lawn and seating areas for relaxing amidst nature. During rainy season there is stream that flows into a two dam cascade. On the property there is also a lotus pond, water fountains, herb garden, and a natural stone edged swimming pool that guests can enjoy.
Altogether, we present to you an elegant home that retains turn-of-the-century European charm with classic, antique furnishings, modern amenities, delicious breakfast and a homely atmosphere.
*Accommodations subject to price increase during peak season (October 1, 2016 - January 15, 2017)
* We do not accept check-ins after 9pm. No exceptions.
Trust and communication is a valued component of this site. Please have a completed profile, photo, verification, and information about your visits prior to making an inquiry. It will save time for everyone and expand your options. Guest AccessGuests are welcome to use all of the communal rooms in the house - the living room, kitchen (re-heating ONLY), library and entertainment room.
The spacious garden and salt-chlorinated swimming pool will be shared with other guests. We also have a outdoor fireplace pavilion and bbq which is available for larger group events.
- Drinks and snacks are available in the fridge. Please keep track of your items and pay for them on your last day - we follow the honor system.
- Lastly 3 bicycles available for you to explore the neighborhood. Interaction with GuestsI love to greet our guests when they arrive and show them around the property as well as provide suggestions for local hikes, activities, and dining.
We live in a separate house away from your room, usually tending to our garden or running errands. On some occasions there will be other guests staying at the same time however there is plenty of room and space on the property for our guests to have privacy and enjoy a real tranquil break.
You'll probably run into our two really cute pups (english-cocker spaniels), Boots and Darwin. They will give you a welcome bark or two but will settle down. They are harmless. The NeighborhoodSmall, friendly neighborhood in Chiang Mai named Hang Dong. Ideal for those who like to be away from the busy nightlife but still a convenient drive to downtown if wish to visit during your stay.
- 15 minutes to Big C Supermarket and hardware store, Home Pro
- 15 minutes to Mae Hia outdoor fresh market
- 20 minutes from Chiang Mai International Airport
- 30 minutes from inner city Chiang Mai
- There are great views of the countryside and a great area for walks and bicycling.
- Chiang Mai Night Safari, Grand Canyon Chiang Mai Royal Park Ratchpreuk, Pha Chor, Chiang Mai Grand Canyon, Elephant Sanctuaries, Strawberry farms at Samoeng, Hang Dong Golf Club
- Two of our favorite restaurants is a 5 min. drive or 20 min bicycle ride are:
1. '9 Moo 9 Cafe & Gallery' serves up homemade meals perfect for brunch
2. 'Tuang Thong Canyon View' for delicious Thai dishes and dining alongside a quarry turned lake reminiscent of the Grand Canyon, USA. The road leading up to the house has small cafes, coffee shops and a 7-eleven accessible by car.
Check or print out our guidebook :) Getting AroundThere is no public transportation in our area (NO taxi's, tuk tuks, songtaew or bus) so your stay will be more comfortable if you have your own motorcycle or car because it involves some planning to get taxis to the property.
If you choose to arrive by Taxi, I can email you (SENSITIVE CONTENTS HIDDEN) instructions and a map. The cost varies because some taxi's might not be familiar with our area but it should not cost more than 500 Baht.
We can also help arrange for a private driver + car to show you around Chiang Mai. Similar to a tour guide, except no time restrictions and more flexibility and privacy. Create your own itinerary (we'd love to give you activity suggestions!) and tell us a 2 days before you arrive so we can pass on the details to the driver.
(When available) I may be able to pick you up from airport (max 4 ppl) for 500 baht Other Things to NoteHearty and full breakfast is included - usually will entail thai rice soup, fried rice or noodles, some greens, eggs, ham, sausage, juice, coffee, tea and toast, milk or cereal.