The SpaceVery large home for family gatherings. Open to event-inquiries in lovely New Canaan, Connecticut: a beautiful suburb of New York City, just an hour drive or train ride away. 2 hour drive to historic Boston. Fun day/overnight trips also include: historic Mystic Seaport, the Mohonk Mountain Labyrinth and Lemon Squeeze, Rhode Island Beaches and Mansions. Also just 15 minutes to beautiful family beaches, orchard picking, amazing seasonal farmer's market in New Canaan on Wednesdays and Saturdays, (don't miss the pesto, mozzarella and tomato sandwiches!) Stew Leonord's, hiking, picnics, antiquing, spa visits, top-notch restaurants, The Children's Museum and Maritime Auqarium, outdoor music concerts, 45 minutes to the Bronx Zoo and incomparable Bronx Botanical Garden, art galleries, and more. (But, I am willing to bet that you might be equally happy on a pool float in a VERY quiet backyard.)
Home's numerous fireplaces, ceiling speakers with Wifi-Sonos capability, game room, outdoor living space with grill and fire pit make it very family-friendly.
* HUGE Master Suite, 2nd floor - bedroom, separate reading area and office (could fit another twin or queen blowup bed,) giant bathroom with steam shower, rain shower and jacuzzi tub. Sleeps 2-4.
* 2nd bedroom, 2nd floor - queen bed, full bath, private deck with reading nook overlooking yard and woods. Sleeps 2.
* 3rd bedroom, 2nd floor - oversized, full bath, queen bed, available twin bed, available queen Aero-bed. Sleeps 2-4.
* 4th bedroom, 2nd floor - queen bed, full bath. Sleeps 2.
* 5th bedroom, 2nd floor - double bed, full bath. Sleeps 1-2.
* 6th bedroom, 3rd floor - queen bed, two twins. Large bathroom with tub overlooking backyard and pool. Sleeps 2-4.
* Large attic Playroom, 3rd floor - toddler toys, hideaway area, reading nooks, craft/card table, 1/2 bath. 3 twin aero-beds and 3 queen aero-beds.
* Gourmet Kitchen - fully stocked. View of backyard. Double oven, Wolf amenities, ice maker, eat-in-kitchen seats 6-8.
* Dining room - seats 16-20
* Party room - basement floor. Gaming system, TV/DVD player, ping-pong table, wet-bar and mini-kitchen, 1/2 bath with steam shower/pool changing room attached. Weight room. Plenty of space for Aero-beds twins/queen for extra guests in TV area. Guest AccessWhole home excluding garage and study. Interaction with GuestsMy husband works 10 minutes away during the week and will often be staying nearby. Will be available if issues arrive, or someone else will be available to check in.
Host photo/film shoots as reviews indicate. The NeighborhoodHome is on a very quiet cul-de-sac 6 minutes from the quaint New England village of New Canaan. There is very little view of other homes from front or back yards, so it is truly a private getaway. Getting Around45 minute drive to NYC, 8 minutes to New Canaan train station with a one hour ride into NYC, or a 2 hour drive/train ride to Boston. Other Things to NoteNo prom or wedding inquiries, please.