The SpaceWhat's unique is this is a safe lovely big house (1900 sqft), yard, deck & A LOT of common space (kitchen, living rooms, office & quiet rooms), at a cul de sac dead end!! PLEASE READ IMPORTANT NOTE ON BOTTOM BEFORE YOU BOOK.
Many places w/such amenities charges $100+ more per night & hotels downtown is $200+.. so it's a great value! House has some furnishings, available to share:
-Large wood dining table & small kitchen table too
-Chill area, chairs/rocking chair, corner tables, to read, Den chair & sofa, Magazines (mostly music), etc.
-Outside Deck within railings.. (please no leaning!)
-Quiet room (unfurnished, but chairs available).
-HDTV/Monitor & speaker system for micro-usb devices or laptop available in den area - upon request.
-(1 GUEST) - Room with 18" Twin Deluxe Air Bed, feather padding on top.
-(2+ GUESTS) Room with 16" high Queen Deluxe Air bed.
- If you need more than 2.. There are plenty of space to "camp" (if you wish to bring your own sleeping bag or futon). Additional 2+ more people is additional small charge.
It's not a luxury hotel, but a home I live in & sharing with you. So you may see some space used e.g. if I'm cooking or cleaning. If you don't feel this & amenities listed, is enough, please let me know what you need, issues upon staying, or try booking elsewhere that meets your standards.
- Due to expenses running the home, Please count all guests coming! Please be courteous of utilities (lights, heating, water, etc).
- Weekly/Monthly booking is available.. please ask!
- Please excuse paint/cleaning/boxes/supplies around, I'm constantly improving home & it's out of the way. If it's bothersome I can move it.
OTHER ROOMMATE/GUEST : I currently have a roommate, and occasional Airbnb'rs or guest(s).
IMPORTANT NOTE PLEASE READ:
There has been misunderstandings w/cleanliness-- I do clean the older upstairs bathroom regularly, especially because I have health issues with dust/dirt. The reason why tub/floor/tiles look "stained" is because its just the design, older, faded & scratched. I've tried cleaning for hours with the most *powerful* chemicals, cannot remove & cannot afford more renovation than I already do. ***If you have an issue with appearance, please use the newer downstairs bathroom. Please also excuse some paint/stain buckets, boxes & cleaning supplies that might be around (but is generally out of your way).. This is my home I have been trying to improve. If it's bothersome to look at, please ask me to move it. Thank you!
Please read Airbnb's policy carefully. Airbnb does not refund fees & charges host's pay when you cancel. I've been generous/flexible to allow changes day prior, even when I lose out. However, it's been *really* tough with my busy schedule, when waiting for guests (sometimes 3-4+ hours later), time coordinating, questions, preparing, checking in, touring & cleaning.
- So guests will no longer receive full refund (minus fees) if you cancel/change after booking starts.*** There are only some exceptions.
If guests cancel/change last minute, please understand it's my loss, as I can't easily schedule another guest last minute, and guests normally do not book the day of, so I will lose days & weekend.
- Airbnb automatically gives full refund (minus fees), according to their policy before booking starts.
- If you request after booking, they refund partial according to cancellation policy.
- I am not required submit a request to Airbnb & for additional refunds, but if I do **Airbnb needs time & makes they make final decision on what to refund to you.**
- Please be honest why you're canceling, for example if you find something that better fits your location, schedule, preferences, etc, please state it's your decision. Or else Airbnb team will contact hosts with reported issues to try to dispute. Guest Access- Generally I don't feel comfortable allowing check-ins without my presence. Upon accepting a booking, I believe Airbnb will auto-email further info on how to lock/unlock door & I will provide key upon arrival. If you do not receive a welcome email, please let me know.
CHECK IN / CHECK OUT / ARRIVAL
Please ask my availability to check you in. Usually weekdays after 6pm and weekends anytime I'm around.
- Please know, homes are *not* hotels with full time staff to check you in anytime, and I often delay/reschedule/cancel my own plans to check in guests, so please respect my time like I do for guests.
- I'd appreciate a 1 hour maximum time slot in case you're delayed, but please arrive the time you say you will.
- Guest can have access to all common areas, such as kitchen (to prep your own food/groceries), shared bathrooms (1 with tub or 1 with walk in stone shower), dining room, yard, deck, & upstairs living room, and downstairs lounge area!
If you're a musician/creative/student, etc who needs some quiet time, there is an empty quiet room downstairs to jam! I even have a small karaoke machine! Yes, KARAOKE!
- High speed, WIFI available upon request.
- Aid items such as Bandaids, rubbing alcohol, cotton, hydrogen peroxide, etc
- Filtered water in a jug to hydrate & ice dispenser in kitchen fridge.
- 1 towel per person, 1 clean pillow case over pillow, 1 clean sheet, and 1 clean cover or blanket. If you need more, please bring more.
-Sorry, I'm not a maid service so I won't be cleaning your laundry or sheets daily, there is laundry access downstairs, but I can clean all borrowed items after you leave. Interaction with GuestsCurrently, my schedule is unfortunately hectic, time & budget is small, so my interaction with guests may be minimal & sometimes I'm not there, though sometimes I did hang out with guests (e.g. bonfire, or restaurant with ocean view)! I'd be happy to suggest awesome food & recreation nearby you can go to!
If there is another AirBnb/Roommate/Guest, they are generally really busy but friendly. They may be doing their own thing (usually work, business, seminars, school/job hunting, etc), or maybe have time to talk/hang out. No promises on hanging out with you, but feel free to ask if you'd like to, But please don't take it personal if they are busy or do not! The NeighborhoodTown near lovely Orange & Minutes from downtown New Haven, and downtown Milford, etc. Not too far from NYC (1.5 hr train ride). Minutes drive from Yale (New Haven, and West Campus in Orange), VA hospital, New Haven University (UNH), and Southern Connecticut State University (SCSU)
This is *NOT* downtown, but a nice woodsy area. Location Please be prepared for your own transportation. Guests had no problem using Taxi, Uber, Bus or Bike. Please consider the Location ratings given to me may be based off personal choosing of staying here, relative to destination. Please rent elsewhere if this location is inconvenient to your destination.
Plenty of shopping, recreation & nightlife near by, but transportation needed. A Deli & coffee shop is walkable distance.
My neighborhood is very nice and pleasant, very quiet, sometimes dead quiet. It's at a dead end. My neighbors are nice. They have families. I'm probably one of few who aren't living with a family.
It's nice living away from city noise, but close enough to events, happenings. Though CT looks vast in lands, there are a lot of variety of things to do or experience. It's also a photographer's dream. Getting AroundMinutes from Milford and New Haven train station. Walkable distance to bus line (5-15min) that leads to downtown. Busline on Plainfield Ave is not available Sundays I heard, but please check the bus schedule.
Bikeable distance to downtown. 10 mins by car/taxi/uber without traffic & 20-30minutes downtown or UNH by bus.
Parking info under "House Rules"
Guests are generally responsible for their own transportation, but sometimes if I'm in the same area & heading home at the same time, as drop off (e.g. downtown New Haven train/station), I can pick you up. Other Things to NoteIf necessary, will ask for ID verification and video chat before booking, especially with longer stays or you don't have many reviews, I may ask for appropriate documents:
e.g. ID, . Credit Report, Utilities/Rental History, etc