The Space• Two minutes walk to Underground Station
• 20 minutes by Piccadilly Line train to central London
• Warm, family hospitality
• Help yourself to tea, coffee & toast for breakfast (Completely Self-service)
Staying with us would feel more like a homestay rather than a B&B. We've got 10 years' experience hosting visitors from around the world via other websites. We have two children aged 12 and 15. They are also experienced hosts and will be happy to help and guide you. We also have two cats that live outside.
Our flat is on the ground floor of a Victorian era house on a quiet, residential street 2 minutes walk from the Underground. It's important for you to note that you are being hosted by our family, and that we don't operate like a private hostel. You will be sharing the house with us and our other guests.
A small, bright bedroom that you share with family paraphernalia has an extra-wide single bed (105cm wide) . The single bed can sleep two average size people comfortably. There is also a futon bed in the room that you can use for an extra person or to put your suitcases on. Don't expect the same standard as a private room in a hostel, but it will be clean, comfortable and relatively private. Suitable for two people and three at a stretch. The room is a single room, 4.3m x 2.1m.
There is a also a futon available in the LIVING ROOM and this is the space for extra people because the room is small. So if you are a group of 3 or 4 people, two can sleep in the living room on the double futon.
The living room has light coming in from 05:00 in summer; please remind us to set-up a curtain if you expect that this will bother you.
The living room accommodation is rented separately so you may be sharing the house with our family and other guests.
---What to expect---
You will be staying in a lived in family home, so it helps to not expect anything near pristine. We keep it clean, we love having people stay and we are interested in getting to know you and have you experience what it's like to be with a family.
None of the bedroom doors has a lock so if this is a concern for you please take your valuables when you go out. We cannot take responsibility for them.
You have use of our garden and wireless broadband, and free parking spaces are available within an easy walk.
• We are quite easy going but please also refer to the House Rules.
• Smoking is permitted in the garden.
• Fresh towels and bedlinen are provided: though un-ironed.
• Breakfast of toast, coffee/tea is included. We will show you where to find breakfast items and wish you to prepare the breakfast for yourself - self-service. Please help yourself to hot drinks at any time during the day.
• With regard to meals with us that you haven't asked for in advance, please bring something to the table or show your own capacity to share.
• Finally please note that there is one shower room/bathroom in the flat. We normally manage adequately with up to four extra persons, but our place won't suit you if you tend to spend more than a half-hour in the bathroom.
---Travelling times Underground & Train---
• Bounds Green Underground station, Piccadilly Line (Zone 3): 2 minutes walk
• Primark Clothing Store-Wood Green Station: 10 minutes
• Kings Cross Station: 20 minutes
• Eurostar-St Pancras Station: 30 minutes
• Oxford Street, the British Museum, Trafalgar Square areas: 30 minutes
• City Of London i.e. financial district, Moorgate Station: 30 minutes
• Natural History, Science, Victoria & Albert Museums, South Kensington Station: 45 minutes, direct train trip.
• Westfield Shopping Centre, Westfield Station: 40 minutes.
• Taxi (minicab) fare from central London to house is £30. Ask us for the phone number so that you can order the taxi when you need it.
Bounds Green is a pleasant and quiet neighbourhood, and due to its easy access to London Underground's Piccadilly Line, it will take you 30 minutes from our front door to Piccadilly Circus. The museums in South Kensington are also on the Piccadilly Line as are other popular spots like Trafalgar Square, British Museum and Covent Garden.
There are well-stocked grocery stores nearby, along with many take-aways and two pubs. If you like cafes, ice-creams and browsing, buses 102 and 299 will take you to nearby Muswell Hill, and if you like parks and stunning views across London we are twenty minutes’ walk to Alexandra Palace.
• Up to three guests can be accommodated in the bedroom itself; two on the large single bed and one on the futon.
• There's also the option for additional guests to use a double futon in the open plan living room/kitchen of our family home if it has not been booked separately. Please ask if you need to use this space.
• The guest room (4.30m x 2.10m) and our house are small by USA/Australian standards.
• In the last 10 years we've hosted people from S.Korea, Hong Kong SAR PRC, India, Czech Republic, Chile, Uruguay, Scotland, Ireland, France, Italy, Spain, USA, Germany, Argentina, Finland, Uzbekistan, Poland, Greece, Turkey, Iceland, Hungary, Belgium, Russia, Thailand, Greece, Brazil, Venezuela, Lithuania, Morocco, Portugal, Norway, Algeria, Estonia, Japan.
• We welcome diversity in culture, religion, sexual orientation and opinions, amongst others.
• Reliable Wifi: 30 mbs down/5 mbs up with good streaming & video conference performance. Guest AccessWifi
Shared living room
Kitchen for simple preparations
Shared bathroom and toilet Interaction with GuestsWe live here and are happy to guide guests through their itinerary. Bread and tea/coffee provided (fully self-service; we don't wait on you) and we are happy to answer questions while you have your tea or coffee.
We enjoy interaction with guests, but cannot promise to be on hand to be available when you are.
Language practice with our children cannot be expected either! The NeighborhoodBounds Green is safe, clean and quiet. There are shops for grocery shopping, newsagents, a small post-office and many take-aways. A short bus ride takes you to Muswell Hill with an organic supermarket, delis, French cafes, old-world tea shop and a top-rated Fish & Chips. Getting AroundExtremely Convenient! Almost like being in Zone 1! Easy ride to Covent Garden, close to the interchange to Victoria Station, overground trains, and 30 minutes to Oxford Circus and Trafalgar Square. Honestly, it takes longer to reach one end of Oxford Street to the other by bus, than to travel to town from our place. Other Things to NoteYou are staying in a family home! It's lived-in, modest, and there is definitely nothing hi-spec about about place. So if you expect a pristine, well-serviced rental, you will not find it ideal. Breakfast is totally self-service so please make your own. But our place is warm, it is cosy and you are in good hands!