The SpaceEnjoy luxury accommodation in South Wales with easy access to golf at the famous Celtic Manor Resort, walking in the Brecon Beacons National Park, the fantastic beaches of the Gower peninsular, the city attractions of Cardiff city and bay and much much more.
Fields House was built in 1860 as the ‘entertainment rooms’ to the adjoining original house. The house is being restored to its former glory and now offers spacious and comfortable accommodation for groups up to 10 people.
Used regularly for filming you may recognise the drawing room and master bedroom suite from the Sherlock episode ‘A Scandal in Belgravia' with Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman or the dining room as Captain Latimer’s study from the Dr Who Christmas special 2012. Guest AccessThe property comprises;
* Lobby leads to Reception hall – plenty large enough to host your pre dinner drinks or to indulge in a spot of dancing after dinner. Stairs to first floor and gallery landing. Hall leads off to;
* Spacious drawing room offering comfortable sofas, TV, DVD and iPod dock – large bay window offers views down the garden to the pond. Wood burning stove.
* Wood panelled dining room with table and seating for up to 12, iPod dock, open fire
* Study with DVD and games console
* Small hall off main hall leads to:
* Back stairs to first floor and attic rooms;
* Downstairs shower room comprising shower, lavatory, sink and also the added benefit of a small 2 person sauna.
* The 'Cwtch' - snug sitting room with sofa, radio and open fire.
* Large well equipped kitchen with table and seating for 10. Dishwasher, 2 fridges, large larder, dual fuel double oven range cooker, DAB radio and iPod dock.
* Separate down stairs lavatory
* Boiler and laundry room with washing machine and tumble dryer
The first floor is accessed via the main staircase or back stairs and comprises;
* Master bedroom suite, super-king bed, huge round bay window offers views over garden and across the town toward Caerleon – on a clear day the Celtic Manor resort can be seen on the hill top across the valley. Luxury en suite bathroom comprising walk in shower, free standing bath, double sinks and lavatory.
* Guest suite; small lobby leading to good size bedroom with king size bed and Moroccan styled shower room comprising shower, sink and lavatory.
* Green room; extremely spacious room with king size bed, window to rear overlooking gardens, comfortable seating area
* Grey room; king size bed, window to rear overlooking gardens, sofa
* Family bathroom in the art deco style, large bath with shower over and sink. Separate lavatory
* Blue room – double bed, views to front
Accessed via the back stairs attic rooms offer a play room and children’s sleeping area for 3.
Generous sized private gardens to rear and front, laid to lawn with mature planting, a Victorian pond teaming with wildlife, tree swing, patio with tables and chairs and gas BBQ Interaction with GuestsGuests will be greeted upon arrival and shown around the property and then left to enjoy their luxurious surroundings in peace. A welcome pack is provided to help you settle in along with a selection of information about the local area.
7 nights stay for up to 10 people includes:
* Exclusive use of the property and gardens
* Linens, towels etc
* Mid week clean of kitchen and bathrooms
* End of stay cleaning
* Welcome pack
* Bathrooms equipped with shower gel, shampoo, conditioner and soap. The NeighborhoodThe house is located on a sleepy residential street in central Newport.
Golf and leisure facilities at the Celtic Manor gold resort – 10 mins drive
Local day spa and beauty treatments – within 10 mins walk
Quality local pub and restaurant 5 mins walk
M4 less than 5 mins drive
A small selection of key attractions in the area.
Access to National Museum of Wales sites is free of charge, check out St Fagans, Big Pit or the National Museum all within easy reach.
Walking and taking in the breath taking scenery in the Brecon Beacons National Park which has also recently become the fifth Dark Skies Reserve in the World.
Visit the Roman remains at Caerleon.
Relax on the golf course or in the spa at the famous Celtic Manor Resort.
Check out the work of genius architect William Burges at Cardiff Castle - gothic towers, lavish and opulent interiors, rich with murals, stained glass, marble, gilding and elaborate wood carvings or Castle Coch.
Europe’s largest waterfront development at Cardiff Bay offers vibrant waterfront attractions and a host of restaurants, bars and events as well as being home to the National Assembly for Wales and the Wales Millennium Centre.
Enjoy the beautiful beaches and surfing of the Gower peninsular.
Getting AroundNewport city centre is a 10 minute stroll away
Newport train station 10 mins walk
* Cardiff – 20mins
* Caerleon – 10 mins
* Abergavenny – 30mins
* Brecon – 1 hour
* Gower – 1 – 1.5 hours (depending on which beach)