The SpaceThis unit is an ideal place to stay in Brisbane for travel, work...and the perfect base to start your new life if you are relocating.
The standard nightly rate is reduced for bookings of 7 nights or longer and again for 28 nights or longer. Longer stays of 6 months or more are most welcome. Check out the Airbnb site for information on long stays - it's great! Pay by the month and you can automatically change your booking with 30 days notice.
I'd love to hear from you, so contact me if you have any questions that are not answered below....
• 24 hour check-in
• 2 bedrooms, 1 bathroom with separate toilet.
• Free Wireless internet, and free telephone to local, interstate and mobile phone numbers - mobile phone and internet signals are also good in this location.
• Master bedroom with comfortable queen bed, fresh linen, and well-designed inbuilt wardrobe with plenty of hangers and drawers.
• 2nd bedroom/study is a compact 3m x 2.5m and with the standard set up has a desk and free standing wardrobe.
• For families of 3, or two adults requiring separate beds, a single bed with a comfortable 6 inch, full width foam mattress can be added to the second bedroom.
• We can accommodate young children. If you have a baby or toddler, we can provide a portacot with linen, baby bath with stand, and high chair.
• Please include children in the "number of guests" when booking.
• If required, the extra bed (either bed or portacot) for the second bedroom must be requested for the duration of your stay when you book. The unit is setup as you request for your entire stay.
• Reverse cycle air conditioner in the main living area cools or warms the entire unit (if the bedroom doors are left open). The unit is also fully screened (so no bugs flying in) with a small balcony, and overhead fans in the bedrooms.
• Modern kitchen with large full-size fridge, microwave oven, cook-top and oven, dishwasher, rice-cooker, toaster and kettle - everything you need to prepare meals. There are also some basic provisions such as milk, tea, coffee, soup, spices, oil, sugar, honey and other breakfast spreads to get you started.
• Modern washing machine and dryer. Laundry powder provided. There is also a clothes airer available in the unit and a clothes line available at the back of the units.
• Iron and ironing board.
• Modern, clean bathroom with the shower over bath. Hairdryer provided along with towels, shampoo, conditioner, shower wash, soaps, and other basics.
• HD LCD flat screen TV and DVD player, 2 seater leather sofa.
• Polished Bamboo wooden flooring throughout. Easy to clean! Cleaning equipment and supplies available, helpful if you are here for a long stay.
• The unit is compact, but it doesn't feel cramped. It is very well designed, light, comfortable and clean.
• The unit is on Richmond Road. We have added superior sound insulation to the windows and ceiling to create a peaceful retreat.
• Single, remote-controlled, lock-up garage can accommodate vehicles up to 5.2 metres in length and 2.2 metres in height.
• Garage has an additional attached secure room with window, sink, clothes dryer and shelving for extra storage - perfect to store suitcases, golf clubs, etc.
After the first week, supplies are up to you, and most people are happy to look after themselves. By prior arrangement, I can arrange a service of fresh towels and linen and a quick tidy up for an extra cost if you don't want to be self-sufficient.
This unit is a genuine "entire home". The wardrobes are not filled with my clothes - they are empty and ready for yours. This unit is not a 'granny flat' or a 'converted space'. So move in and feel at home. Guest AccessEnjoy the entire 2 bedroom, 1 bathroom unit to yourselves. The unit is on the top (first) level up one flight of stairs. Positioned at the front of a small complex of only 5 units (most owner-occupied) there are no units above or below you. The unit complex is nothing grand from the outside, but it is neat and clean and in a great location. Interaction with GuestsWe respect your privacy and leave you to enjoy the unit to yourselves. We don't live on-site so all cupboards and hanging space are ready for your belongings. The unit's digital front door lock means you can self-check in any time of the day or night. Arrangements for your access code will be made when your arrival details are confirmed. We can be contacted by email or phone if you need assistance. The NeighborhoodMorningside is only 5 km from Brisbane CBD in the sought-after eastern suburbs.
Popular Morningside has cafes, restaurants, shopping and plenty of parks. It is also a close drive to Oxford St Bulimba and Hawthorne with their restaurants, boutique shops, ferry terminals, and cinemas; as well as both Cannon Hill Shopping Centre and the huge Carindale Shopping Centre.
The Gateway motorway is only 5km drive providing easy access to the Domestic and International airports, and the motorways to the Sunshine Coast and Gold Coasts. There are heaps of beautiful parks including Seven Hills bush reserve (on Richmond Rd) with great walking trails; and the Minippi parklands with extensive bikeways along Bulimba Creek and around the lake. Check out the new outdoor gym facilities free to park users. Getting AroundThe unit is perfect for both public transport or if you have a vehicle with easy access to the city and the Gateway Motorway to the airport, Sunshine and Gold coasts.
Walk to public transport with the nearest bus stops 200 or 280 metres along Richmond Rd (depending which direction you want to travel). Cannon Hill Bus Interchange is on Creek Road, at the one end of Richmond Road. Morningside Train Station (on the Cleveland line) is only 400 metres walk with frequent trains into the city. Allow 25min to reach the CBD using public transport (includes walking time).
From the airport, car or ride sharing/taxi are available or public transport...
Bus: Catch the free Orange Brisbane Airport TBus (inter-terminal bus) to Skygate (Brisbane DFO). Check availability and timetables at the Skygate or BNE websites - this free service generally runs every 20 min between 6:10am to 5:50pm. At Skygate, change to the Brisbane suburban bus network, catching the 590 Bus from platform 2 to Cannon Hill interchange and then any bus heading up Richmond Rd such as the 220, 214 or 215. Train: Catch the Airtrain to the city (Roma Street or Central) and then change to the Cleveland line back out to Morningside.
See the Translink website for Brisbane public transport information and journey planners. To purchase a Go Card or SEEQ card before you arrive, go to Tickets and Fares > Go Card > Go card for visitors. Download the free visitors pack. Other Things to NoteWe wish all our guests an enjoyable stay in Brisbane. We don't live on-site and are a 15 minute drive away. Your neighbours in the block of flats are great - friendly and helpful. Feel free to say "Hi" if you see them around the units.