The SpaceLocated an hour-&-a-half south of Adelaide on the Fleurieu Peninsula, understated elegance meets country charm & comfort in this custom-designed home. Tastefully appointed with art, quality furnishings, Persian carpets, etc., there's much to enjoy:
- A large living area to relax in
- A great kitchen for cooking up a storm
- A refectory table & comfortable carver chairs for dining & to while away the evening hours
- 2 bedrooms, each with a comfortable bed for a good night's sleep (one king-size, one queen-size)
- 2 ensuite bathrooms
- Work space
- Spacious verandas to take in the peace & quiet, fresh air, & scenic views
- 2 acres of grounds & gardens to wander in with amazing bird life
- Ample space for car & boat parking
- Paintings & sculpture to cogitate on
- Books to read
- Games to play, including chess & cards
- Music & films to entertain, with flat-screen TV, DVD player, & audio CDs
- Yourself to find!
- We may be able to do short notice bookings, if you want a spur of the moment booking. Please send us an inquiry!
And there's yet more to enjoy & appreciate in the surrounding environs... A short, 5-minute drive takes you to the glorious beaches of Rapid Bay & Second Valley & a picturesque coastal drive. There are local restaurants nearby, including Leonard's Mill. Only 15 minutes away are local pubs in Normanville & the Links Lady Bay Resort with golf course, restaurant, & day spa. There's Cape Jervis where you can catch the ferry to Kangaroo Island, Deep Creek Conservation Park is only 10 minutes away, & a world of exploration in the renowned wine region of McLaren Vale is less than an hour's drive from Honeysuckle Lodge.
Residing on the adjoining property are your gracious hosts, artist/sculptor Thomas Bates & artist/designer Liz Forsyth & their lovely dog DeDe. Guest AccessAn array of amenities await our guests, including:
- Fully outfitted kitchen, equipped with dishwasher, microwave, oven & hot plates, fridge & freezer
- Self-catered, with basic pantry supplies included
- Indoor fireplace (a large basket of fire wood is supplied & more is
available on site @ $10 per bag on an honesty system)
- Private driveway
- Car & boat parking on the premises
- Use of artist's painting studio can be arranged, with easels etc. Bring your own materials.
- Linens & towels supplied
- Laundry including washer & dryer, & iron
- Pets are welcome with prior approval
- Check in/check out times are posted as 2pm & 11am, respectively; however, earlier/later times are possible with prior arrangement Other Things to NoteRates are for a one bedroom suite with 1 or 2 occupants.
2nd suite available @ $55 per night per person (any night).