The SpaceWe've just listed this place, so it's on sale until we get more reviews! Photos coming soon - trust us, it's cool. This is a true urban loft in the historic Courier News historic building in downtown Plainfield, NJ: 15ft ceilings, 10ft Windows, real hardwood floors, contemporary decor and shiny appliances.
Make yourself at home! The entire apartment is for your exclusive use:
• Sleep comfortably in the Queen Size bedroom
• Zoom into New York City in 30 minutes via NJ Transit / PATH train (Only 1/2 a block away!)
• Cook a tasty meal in the fully-equipped Kitchen
• Relax in the open concept Living Space (with Sofa Bed)
• Cool down with Central Air
• Wash clothing items with in-unit Washer & Dryer
• Enjoy a movie on 1 of 2 HD TV Sets (bedroom & living room)
• Keep connected with WIFI throughout
Interested in booking? Feel free to contact us with questions!
SEE THE SIGHTS:
- 30 Minutes to NYC: Manhattan via NJ Transit / PATH train into 33rd St. at Penn Station (2min walk to Plainfield station)
- 40 Minutes to Times Square via NJ Transit Bus #114 into 42nd St. at Port Authority in Manhattan
- 20 Minutes to Woodbridge Mall, Menlo Park Mall & Bridgewater Mall
*Local Taxi Service & Uber available
- 15 ft. Vaulted ceilings
- 10 ft. Windows
- Hardwood floors
- Kitchen including gas range, fridge, dishwasher, microwave, coffee maker, toaster
- Washer/Dryer inside
- Queen Size bed
- Sofa bed (full size)
- Open concept living/dining
- Work desk area
- Breakfast bar
- Pack N Play available for little ones
* Casanova Pizza (authentic NY Italian style)
* Livay's Sweet Shop (fresh baked desserts)
* Tradiciones de mi Pueblo (delicious Latin cuisine)
* The Donut Shop (good cup of coffee)
* The Netherwood (tasty American fare)
* Cedarbrook Park (run/walk/bike trails, picnic areas, tennis courts, basketball court, soccer fields, baseball fields, pond and playground with splashpad) Guest AccessYou can freely access the washer/dryer, the bedroom, living room, bathroom and kitchen areas. There is a storage closet we keep locked. Interaction with GuestsWe are only a phone call away. If you have any questions or issues, we will be right on it! :) The NeighborhoodPlainfield, NJ the "Queen City" is an upbeat urban community. Once known as "the bedroom suburb of New York City" our small but lively town is undergoing great revitalization. Fresh real estate development and an influx of new shops, restaurants and startups makes our centrally-located city an ideal place to live, work and play in the Greater New York area just outside of Manhattan!
In addition to the Big Apple, we are close to the beloved Jersey Shore. A 40 minute drive will get you to the excitement of the beaches and boardwalks. You can easily catch spectacular shows at nearby Prudential Center, NJPAC, State Theatre and more. College bound? Get to Rutgers University in New Brunswick, NJ or Kean University in Union, NJ in just 20 minutes from our place. Wherever you're heading, feel free to stay with us!
For history buffs, there are several 18th-century buildings remaining in town. They are a Friends' meetinghouse (1788), the Martine house (1717), and the Nathaniel Drake House (1746) that served as George Washington's headquarters. Also, nearby is Washington Rock - a prominent point of the Watchung Mountains reputed to be the vantage point from which Washington watched British troop movements.
The closest airport is Newark Liberty International Airport (EWR). We are a safe, convenient and comfortable location for Jersey City, Hoboken, Union City or Newark stays. Getting Around* From our apartment it's a 2 Minute walk to Plainfield Station where you can catch a train directly into NYC at 33rd. Street / Penn Station via NJ Transit's Raritan Valley Line
* It's only a 5 Minute walk to the NJ Transit bus directly into Manhattan / Times Square at Port Authority located at 42nd Street and 8th Ave in New York City Other Things to Note• 1st Floor Walk-up
• On-Street or metered Parking only