The SpacePalmares is a nice town of friendly people, located in a small valley of coffee tradition. The climate is nice, av temp 29°C, altitude 1017mamsl. Guest AccessThe property has a playground for children, and a big green area. There's a coffee plantation in the backside of the property that you can explore. Interaction with GuestsWe will be glad to help you with any special request, to do more confortable your stay. In case it is required we offer you the service of breakfast, laundry and cleaning. (Availability must be consulted in advance. It has an additional charge) The NeighborhoodThe neighborhood is called La Granja, it is a small town, family oriented. There are two grocery stores and a small restaurant 100mts from the house.
The property is located at:
- 1km from the downtown, where you can find suppermarkets, the bus station, and all services. On saturdays there's a fair of local farmers where you can buy fresh vegetables and fruits.
- 1.8km from "Madre Verde" an NGO created to protect 40 hectares of forest, a nice place for walking and to have a nice view of the valley.
- 1.2km from the fairground, where some festivals are celebrated during the year (Palmares Festival, Furniture & artisans fair, bands parade, livestock festival, between others). Getting AroundYou can arrive easily by car, or by bus. The bus station is located at 1km from the house. From Palmares you can move easily to other places:
- Airport 40km
- Poás Volcano 60km
- La Fortuna 80km
- Jacó 80km
These are some places that you can visit near Palmares:
- Sarchí: a town of Artisans, it has several handicraft and sourvenirs stores. There you can visit the Kientzler Botanical Garden. (14km)
-Coffee Tour Espíritu Santo (14km): to learn about the coffee production.
- Los Chorros Waterfulls (32km)
- Cerro del Espíritu Santo (9km): a nice view of the valley from the ruins of a church, that was built in order to prevent the hill became a volcano.