The SpaceArtisanale Saligao has two quaint AC bedrooms and a courtyard with a well at the center. Both the bedrooms have attached baths. We have a large AC living room and a dining room. The AC in the rooms is more for the hotter months, but otherwise the house is just as pleasant with the fans turned on. The courtyard will be the obvious focal point of your stay, be it for the morning coffee or the evening swig. Do feel free to help yourself to the well stocked bar and kick-knacks. The kitchen has its set of pots/ pans/ ladels et al and is also stocked with the basic Indian spices. Guest AccessHere is a check list of what is available in the house:
1. Linen/ towels/ hand towels: Yes
2. Internet: Yes, an unlimited download, wifi broadband 2 mbps line throughout the house. We can increase the speed, if required, at an additional cost.
3. Telecom connectivity: We witness a drop in connectivity sometimes, but we do have a landline at home for personal use
4. Basic Toiletries: Yes
5. Television with cable: Yes
6. Smoking: Allowed on the premises, however charges for any upholstery/ bedding that is burnt, will be debited from your security deposit
8. Garbage disposal: We have dry and wet waste bins
9. Parking: Space available
10: Conveyance: We do have local cab contacts who will ferry you around or you can hire a self drive car/ scooter.
12. Appliances available: fridge, toaster, washing machine, gas stove, iron Interaction with GuestsThe homes are self sufficient and equipped with all the basic amenities required for a long stay. Artisanale Homes are self catering premises, and food arrangements are made on request. Darshan, our housemaid, is helpful though extremely limited in the English Language. She keeps the house very tidy and tends to the daily chores. She would cook your meals if required. You do not have to pay for her services, but just for the ingredients which she will source out and carry with her. The NeighborhoodArtisanale Saligao situated in the heart of one of the prettiest North Goa villages, is close to the famous Calangute, Candolim and Baga beaches. It is a 15 minute ride to Anjuna and Vagator beaches.
Artisanale Saligao invites you to quiet walks along village paths, winding through magnificent homes and village taverns. The evenings could be spent at the rustic village tavern, Cantare, run by a local villager. The gothic church, Ayurvedic Message and Therapy center, and the popular local eating place for chicken cafreal, are all within strolling distance. Saligao was home to the world famous artist Francis Newton Souza... and once here, you realize what could have brought out the artist in him.
The super market [one of the largest in Goa] is within 15 minutes driving distance. It might be ideal to rent a 2 or 4 wheeler to get around. However we have had some guests who loved walking to the supermarket, the beach, around the village etc. I guess this comes from the fact, that this house Artisanale Saligao, though close to the beach is beautifully tucked in the village, which is picturesque in itself.
The homes are located in enchanting locales off the beaten tourist track and are each within 2-3 kms of the main market. However, we would arrange your transport, site seeing trips, et al … on request.