Loon Sound Cottage, On the Water
Penobscot, ME, United States
The SpaceThis charming cottage is nestled in among the evergreen trees and is located just 60 feet from the shoreline. Enjoy cooking fresh Maine lobster and blueberry pie in the full kitchen, or grill in the open air on the gas grill while watching the sunset over the pond. The living room is the perfect place to sit and relax after a day of hiking in Acadia or kayaking right on the pond. Or enjoy listening to the loon calls from the sweet screened in porch off of the living room.
- Smoking Allowed
- Pets Allowed
- Swimming Pool
This charming cottage is nestled in among the evergreen trees and is located just 60 feet from the shoreline. Enjoy cooking fresh Maine lobster and blueberry pie in the full kitchen, or grill in the open air on the gas grill while watching the sunset over the pond. The living room is the perfect place to sit and relax after a day of hiking in Acadia or kayaking right on the pond. Or enjoy listening to the loon calls from the sweet screened in porch off of the living room. Wake to beautiful sunrises from your bedroom, which offers a comfortable queen sized bed. There is also a double futon in the living room for overnight guests. The cottage has been completely renovated and is extremely clean.
Loon Sound Cottage is the perfect place to call home while you discover the wonders of coastal Maine.Guest Access
Guests have private access to the lake as well as to kayaks and canoes.Interaction with Guests
Rob and Maureen live next door, they are there to answer questions or give assistance but always respect the privacy of the renters. They will be sure you know about the local steel band concert and where the local farmers markets are.The Neighborhood
It is quiet and tranquil! Most of the neighbors are birds and trees!Getting Around
You will need a car.Other Things to Note
Our minimum rental period is 5 nights, but we always welcome last minute inquiries for shorter rental periods! Rentals booked for a week receive a small discount off of the daily rate.
Rob and Maureen are very sweet hosts that do everything possible to ensure their guests enjoy their vacation.
Renters agree to abide by the following Rental Rules while at the property:
1. Smoking is NOT allowed in the cottage. We prefer no smoking on the property as a whole.
2. People other than disclosed Guests may not stay overnight in the property unless approved by owner. Any other person in the property is the sole responsibility of Guest.
3. Any equipment (including but not limited to: boats and life preservers), borrowed from the rental property is used at the renter’s own risk.
4. Keep the property and all furnishings in good order
5. Only use appliances for their intended uses.
6. Pets are NOT allowed. If you have a service animal please contact the owner.
7. Parking: Parking is limited to ___2____ vehicle(s). Vehicles are to be parked in front of the cottage.
8. Housekeeping: There is no daily housekeeping service. Sheets and towels are provided. We encourage guests to bring their own beach towels.
9. Water and Septic: The cottage is on a well and septic systems. Please DO NOT FLUSH anything other than toilet paper. No feminine products should be flushed at anytime.
10. Weather: No refunds will be given for storms or inclement weather. The summer months in Maine are usually comfortable and lovely, but can range from balmy to chilly at times. We encourage guests to pack for all weather conditions.
11. Insurance: We encourage all renters to purchase traveler insurance.
Indemnity Clause: The Renter covenants with the Homeowner to indemnify the Homeowner in respect of all liabilities, fines, suits, claims, demands and actions of any kind for which the Homeowner may become liable by reason of breach or nonperformance by the Renter of any covenant, agreement or proviso of this Lease, or reason of an act or default by the Renter or member of his or her family, household or guests. This indemnity shall, where the breach, nonperformance, damage to property, personal injury or death occurs during the term of this Lease, survive termination of this.
Checkin time: 4:00 PM
Checkout time: 10:00 AM
Sleeps: 2- Real Bed