The SpaceKiwi hosts, Jeanne and Carl, offer luxurious, 5 star Picton accommodation.
Set in a secluded forest garden, historic McCormick House, is just 3 minutes drive from inter island ferry or train station.
The Boat Shed Room.....
The Boat Shed Room offers a relaxed New Zealand / Pacific theme with:
* Sunny bay window overlooking your private native garden and pétanque terrain.
* Luxurious queen size slat bed with 100% Egyptian cotton linen and electric blanket.
* Cane lounge chairs, luggage racks, ceiling fan and feature lighting.
* Alarm clock radio, direct dial telephone, TV, DVD, CD and wireless internet are all provided in your room.
* Your ensuite is fully tiled, with double size shower, heated towel rail, wall heater and hair drier.
* 100% cotton robes and Egyptian cotton towels.
* Local hand made natural soaps and toiletries are provided for your convenience.
* The room rate includes full gourmet cooked or continental breakfast.
Double: $NZ350 per night
Single: $NZ320 per night
In-house antipasto platter dining option, with local Marlborough wine selection.
Complimentary gourmet breakfasts, pre-dinner drinks, guest parking and free wi fi.
Please note that we have five designer, ensuite, bedroom types available. All rooms feature 100% Egyptian cotton linen. Queen, King, Twin and Superking bedding options.
Antique claw foot bath and spa bath options. From NZ$350 to
NZ$490 for 2 persons. Maximum occupancy 2 persons per room. Please let us know if you are interested in any of these options.
Eco-friendly McCormick House is minutes walk from, boat cruises, kayaking, hiking, sailing, fishing, winery tours and dolphin swimming.
Jeanne and Carl enjoy Picton walkways and hiking the Queen Charlotte Track. They love exploring Marlborough wineries and visiting local farmer's markets.
Carl has a background as a furniture designer and maker. You are welcome to visit his woodshop.
Guest AccessGuest only dining and lounge areas
Tea & coffee making facilities
Outdoor seating and recreation areas
NZ native forest gardens Interaction with GuestsEnjoy a glass of wine, beer or juice with your hosts, Jeanne & Carl.
They are proud Kiwis, happy to share local and NZ information.
The NeighborhoodQuiet neighbourhood within walking distance (1.5km) of Picton waterfront and town centre. Getting AroundShuttle and taxi service.
Many tour companies will collect and return customers to McCormick House.
Other Things to NotePicton is an ideal central base to explore middle NZ, with boating, wineries, walking tracks, kayaking, fishing, guided tours, cafes and restaurants all within easy reach.