The SpaceOutpost Projects: Serene Artist Sanctuary and Live-In Gallery
More on Instagram @outpost_projects
Outpost Projects is a new and forward-thinking way of combining the beauty of the desert and life among museum-quality art for art lovers and desert adventurers. Set on 5 acres of pristine desert filled with Joshua Trees and 360 degree spectacular views, Outpost is conveniently located 10-20 minutes from Joshua Tree National Park, the Integratron, Pappy and Harriet’s/ Pioneertown, Pipes Canyon and downtown Yucca Valley and Joshua Tree.
Outpost Projects was created by artists with pure inspiration in mind and is truly a unique experience. Combining modern creature comforts with a fantastic selection of contemporary art, visitors can enjoy the completely renovated mid-century modern home (two new queen memory foam beds, two fold out couches, central air and heat, polished concrete floors, artisanal details, all new appliances) and on-site artwork, including rotating exhibitions that include both indoor artwork, and an outdoor sculpture garden on the property.There is a detailed map so that you can take the tour of the art on the property.
Outpost Projects has been a labor of love, set in one of the most extraordinary settings in the United States. When staying with us, you are supporting the vibrant art community of the high desert while enjoying a completely unique art immersion experience. As the stars brighten the desert sky, you can enjoy the beauty of the desert and stay in a home that has been consciously created to be a serene place of beauty, creativity, and inspiration.
We hope you enjoy this beautiful property as much as we have and hope your stay at Outpost Projects is an unforgettable one. Please tell us a little about yourselves and your plans in Joshua Tree. We look forward to hearing from you. Guest Access- Newly renovated homesteader cabin built in 1958.
- 3 bedroom/1 bath - 1300 sq ft
- 2 queen memory foam beds, 2 fold out comfy couches, down comforters, extra wool blankets/bedding - sleeps 6
- we do have a high end blow up mattress available upon request for extra guests, this must be arranged ahead of time and included in the reservation.
- free wireless internet
- area guide provided with art recommendations, local highlights, and hiking areas.
- Bright, airy, spacious open concept kitchen/dining/living area.
- All new appliances - glass top stove and oven, full size fridge/freezer, microwave, dishwasher, laundry.
- Fire pit/ fire pit grill - bring your own firewood and enjoy a campfire with cast iron grill
- Brand new charcoal BBQ - bring your own charcoal briquettes
- 360 degree views, hiking right from the house
- Study/library with artist books, contemporary art books, and area related information.
- Playing cards/tarot cards/ telescope/board games
- Kitchen/ living area is an open floor plan that includes a large handmade dining table that seats 8-10 comfortably, butcher block kitchen island, exposed beams, and concrete countertops
- 3rd bedroom is a study/drawing room/office/library
- The immediate area around the house is completely fenced with 5' tall chain link fence/locked gates/secure
- Pet friendly - One small, well trained dog welcome with an additional $50 pet fee.
- Full newly built kitchen with all conveniences- oven, microwave, dishwasher, pots&pans, toaster oven, french presses, electric tea kettle, utensils, dishes, Brita water filter, spices, cooking oil, linens, cleaning supplies, etc.
- Complementary selection of coffees & teas
- Cast iron bathtub and shower, soap and shampoo.
- Small bluetooth speaker in office Interaction with GuestsEither us or our liaison can be available at most check-ins. If there is a special event or large party which require any additional assistance checking in, we will make ourselves available. For flexible visitors, we may just provide you with an access code and lockbox key. The NeighborhoodThe neighborhood is centrally located, off the beaten path, but easily accessible. The property feels remote but is less than a 10 minute drive to town. The neighborhood is an artist enclave of homesteader cabins and 5 acres parcels, with 360 degree views, on top of a mesa with breathtaking views of Pipes Canyon, Black Rock Butte and Flat Top Mesa, with a large wash nearby to explore. We are on the back route in between Pappy and Harriet's BBQ in Pionertown and the Integratron. The West entrance to Joshua Tree National Park is minutes down the road as is a wide variety of camping, hiking, and rock climbing destinations. We provide a guide to guests listing all of our favorite art spots and local highlights to give you the insiders scoop. Getting AroundThere is no public transportation, cabs, etc. driving is the only way to get up to us! Other Things to Note- We require a two night minimum stay to keep the costs to the guests low.
- $50 cleaning fee
- 25 years of age minimum, a copy of drivers license required.
- Pet friendly - one small well behaved/trained dog welcome, with $50 pet fee. The immediate area around the house is completely fenced with a 5' tall chain link fence. That being said, know that there are many coyotes in the neighborhood, so keep a close eye on any small animals, coyotes can easily clear a 5' fence if given the opportunity. Please keep pets off of the furniture including beds, pets must have been flea treated within 2 weeks of arrival, must not be left alone in the house unless crate trained with crate you provide, and of course you must always pick up after your pet in the yard and in the desert.
- Over 4 guests requires a $30 per night extra fee, this absolutely must be arranged ahead of time.
- Outpost is available for special events/family reunions/weddings - inquire about availability and pricing.
- Kid friendly, although cabinets are not child-proof, and guests are asked to pay special attention of kids around the artwork.