The SpaceThis farmhouse sleeps 10 on 5 full beds. Natural setting with trails, river, pond, woods on 23 acres. The bedrooms are connected to each other without a hallway, so you walk through each other's rooms to get to another room. The 1850's charm of this house is accented with bright colors and compelling artwork. The kitchen is a cook's kitchen: plenty of space, and stools around an island for onlooking eaters. Great spot for parties, reunions, respite and fun. Guest Access- Full house and porch
- Grounds, trails, river, bonfires
- Bedding, soap, shampoo, plates, silverware for 10
- Commercial gas range
- Swimming, fishing and wading in the river
- Hiking trails
- Orchards and fresh fruit off the land
- Tea from the land
- 20 minutes from Vermont's capital city, Montpelier, with an abundance of bookstores and local beer
- Local attractions and Vermont views everywhere, just 20 minutes from the Northeast Kingdom, the most beautiful and adventurous corner of Vermont. Interaction with GuestsAvailable as needed. The NeighborhoodBy foot, enjoy wonderful wilderness, alone or with friends, find seriously gigantic rocks tucked up in the forest, covered with ancient moss, and swim in the river, etc! Up Nazmuth Brook road, find the secret local swimming hole we call "Paradise Pond."
By bike or car, head to Plainfield just 2 miles away - a classic Vermont hippie town with a community-owned grocery store, great big bookstore, "local ingredient focussed" pizza spot with craft beers, farmer's market on Sundays.
Cars can also take you into Montpelier, Glover, Burlington an other magical corners of the world. Getting AroundIf you're coming to Vermont, you're likely coming in a car or renting one! But I can answer any further questions about getting around my area, feel free to ask. I'm happy to help. Other Things to Note* The bedrooms are WALK-THRU to the other bedrooms. There are 4 kaleidescoping rooms, one of which is the landing on the stairway, and the you walk through each of them to get to the next.
* The "hot tub" is actually a giant bathtub with jets. (Doesn't stay hot for the duration, so you fill and use it.)
* There are not locks on the doors