The SpaceWelcome to Manzanita Hill House!
Enjoy peace and quiet in Napa County’s secluded mountain and valley paradise. Regardless of the season, you will find ultimate tranquility and beauty here.
•Unwind in the peace of our 35 glorious wooded acres with majestic mountain views
•Make yourself at home in our 4700 square foot modern residence with mid-century influences
•Enjoy our beautiful home furnished and appointed by a professional designer
•Bask by and swim in our beautiful pool with heated outdoor shower
•Observe our varied birds and other wildlife
•Throw some steak on the grill. Savor a Napa County wine.
•Slumber in the fresh new beds with luxurious linens. Awake refreshed from a most restful sleep.
•Enjoy a cozy evening nestled in front of our fireplace and challenge your friends or family to our board games or bring a puzzle!
The interior of the house boasts a contemporary master bathroom with floor to ceiling windows, granite floors and shower, huge soaking tub, and designer fixtures. The spacious kitchen offers a family-friendly gathering spot around an enormous granite island, the nearby eat-in nook offers towering windows overlooking woods and meadow views.
Manzanita Hill House is a very special place to relax and unwind and create precious memories. It is ideal for family and or friends vacations, special celebrations and small company retreats. Guest AccessGuests have access to the entire home which includes the four bedrooms and three baths, a formal living room, family room with fireplace and 50 inch flat screen TV (satellite), eat-in kitchen, formal dining room and outside dining area, as well as a large pool with gracious lounge areas. Guests may also explore 35 acre wooded grounds. Interaction with GuestsEither Dave or I will check you in at the property, and then leave you to enjoy your time at the Manzanita Hill House!
Please note that while the main house is quite private it is a part of a small compound. The compound consists of the main house and two separate studio apartments which we have rented out to full time renters. The house has exclusive access to the pool and outdoor dining area all of which have primary view and outlook to the opposite direction from the other buildings. Both tenants are made aware of when we have guests and understand to allow our guests complete privacy. The NeighborhoodManzanita Hill House is located in Napa County’s Wine Country in tranquil Pope Valley. This hilltop home is on a private lane 10 minutes from the quiet college town of Anguin and 20 minutes from happening, St Helena. Getting AroundSt. Helena and nearby Calistoga are known for their many fine restaurants, spas, wineries, tasting rooms, boutique shopping and art galleries. Beautiful Lake Berryessa is 15 minutes to the East while Clear Lake is about 25 minutes to the north. There are numerous nearby state parks.
•Visit local wineries, view the cattle, sheep, goat and horse farms and boat,fish or swim in the nearby lakes.
•Play a round of golf nearby at the oldest course (recently updated) West of the Mississippi, Aetna Springs.
•Take an exciting hot air balloon ride nearby or watch the balloons as they rise just overhead
•Take a drive or bike ride on quiet country lanes in the Valley and Mountains. Other Things to NoteThere is satellite television, internet access and good cell phone reception.
Manzanita Hill House is not recommended for children under 12, though we will accommodate younger children on a case-by-case basis. (The pool is protected by a safety net, which can be quickly applied or removed as necessary).
A complete laundry room is included.
There is a small dog on the property, but no cats.
Mattresses and pillows are protected by non-allergenic covers.
Though the home is mostly on one level, the living room, family room and master bedroom are “sunken” with 2 or 3 steps down to each. There are also steps from the parking area to the entrance and from the home to the pool.
Extra guests: $30 / night after 8 guests
Cleaning Fee: $200
Security Deposit: $1000
Per Night$950 Fri, Sat, Sun nights (2 night minimum)
Weekly$5,600 (May 1-Oct 31)
$5,000 (Nov 1-April 30)
Monthly (maximum 28 days)
$21,000 (May 1-Oct (PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN) (Nov 1-April 30)
1. Access: Homeowner, as well as Homeowner’s agents, contractors and employees shall have access to the Property for purposes of routine maintenance, repair and inspection. Homeowner shall exercise this right of access in a reasonable manner.
2. Security Deposit
a.Security Deposit: A Security Deposit (included in the terms of Guest’s booking through the Airbnb system) of $1,000 is required. The Security Deposit shall be deducted for damages due to the following conditions:
i.damage to the Property or furnishings;
ii.dirt or other mess requiring excessive cleaning; or
iii.any other excessive or unusual cost incurred by Homeowner due to Guest’s or Guest’s rental party’s use of the Property;
If damages exceed the amount of the Security Deposit, Guest agrees to fully reimburse Host for damages, and agrees to allow for damages to be collected via credit card and/or other payment methods following prior notice of such charges.
3. Pool Temperature: The pool is naturally heated. Pool temperature is generally expected to be between 78-84 degrees Fahrenheit mid-May to mid-September. Abnormally cool weather or rain may affect pool temperature and is outside of homeowner’s control.
4. Pool Safety. Guests are responsible for their safety and the safety of any children. The pool is not fenced but a child safety net is provided. Please request help regarding how to simply and quickly put the net into place or remove it. Or request the placement or removal of the safety net by the property attendant.
5. Cleaning: Premises will be delivered to Guest in a professionally cleaned condition. Upon termination of occupancy, Guest will deliver the Property in broom clean condition. If Guest does not return the Property in such condition a charge will be deducted from the Security Deposit.
6. Condition of the Property: Guest shall, upon arrival, examine the Property, all furniture, furnishings, appliances, fixtures, and landscaping and shall report if any are not in operating condition or are in disrepair. Homeowner will make reasonable attempts to correct the deficiencies. Reporting repairs and/or cleaning deficiencies does not give Guest the right to cancel this Agreement or receive a refund of any payments made; such inspection is to provide the parties with a mutual understanding of the condition of the Property.
7. Occupancy. Guest expressly acknowledges and agrees that this Agreement is for transient occupancy of the Property, and that Guest does not intend to make the Property a residence or household.
8. Outages. The Property occasionally experiences outages that are beyond Homeowner’s control. Homeowner reports outages as each occurs upon receiving notice of same. No refunds or compensation will be given for any outages.
9. Personal Property and Injury:
• Homeowner Insurance: Guest’s personal property including vehicles are not insured by Homeowner against loss or damage due to any reason, including fire, flood, rain, water or other acts of nature, theft, vandalism or other criminal or negligent acts of others. Homeowner does not insure against personal injury to Guest, the rental party, Guest’s invitees or licensees for any reason other than the condition of the Property. Guest is advised to purchase their own insurance for such property if such coverage is desired.
•Indemnity and Hold Harmless: Guest, on behalf of him/herself, Guest’s agents, rental party, invitees, guests or licensees, agrees to release indemnify, defend and hold harmless Homeowner, and Homeowner’s employees, agents, and contractors, from and against any and all claims, disputes, litigation, judgments, costs, expenses, and attorney fees resulting from, or arising out of, any loss, damage or injury to Guest, Guest’s rental party, invitees, guests or licensees, or their personal property.
11. Behavior. Guests agree to behave in a civilized manner and shall be good neighbors respecting the rights of the surrounding property owners. Guests shall not create noise or disturbances likely to disturb or annoy the surrounding property owners. Creating a disturbance of the above nature, or exceeding the maximum stated occupancy, shall be grounds for immediate termination of this Agreement. Upon such termination, Guest shall then immediately vacate the premises without refund of any fees. Quiet hour starts at 10 PM and pool and outdoor noise should be kept to a minimum.
12. Signatures an. This Agreement may be executed in one or more counterparts, each of which will be deemed to be an original copy of this Agreement and all of which, when taken together, will be deemed to constitute one and the same agreement. The exchange of copies of this Agreement and of signature pages by the use of digital signatures, including using Docusign or such other signature facilitation application, or by email in PDF format, shall constitute effective execution and delivery of this Agreement as to the parties and may be used in lieu of the original Agreement for all purposes. Signatures of the parties transmitted by digital format or by email in PDF format shall be deemed to be their original signatures for all purposes
1.Smoking is allowed only in designated area.
2. People other than those in the Guest party set forth above may not stay overnight in the Property. Any other person in the Property is the sole responsibility of Guest.
3. This Property is privately owned; Host is not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while Guests are on the premises or its facilities. Host is not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guest. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the Property or others whom they invite to use the Property.
4. Keep the Property and all furnishings in good order
13. Occupancy Limit: The maximum number of overnight guests is limited to 8. An additional six non-registered guests may visit the Property during the day at any one time. Children under the age of three do not count against the limits. Exceeding the maximum stated occupancy of the stated limits shall be grounds for immediate termination of this Agreement and Guest shall then immediately vacate the Property without refund of any fees.
14. Guest shall use the Property for legal purposes only, and other use such as but not limited to, illegal drug use, abuse of any person, harboring fugitives, etc., shall cause termination of the Agreement with no refund of rents or deposits.
15. Guest agrees not to access the “owner’s closets”, even if found unlocked. Utility closets and storage spaces contain cleaning supplies and chemicals that could be hazardous to children and adults. The owner’s closets are located in the Master Bedroom and the utility room next to the washers and dryers.
16. The Property has a fire extinguisher installed near the kitchen area. The fire extinguisher was fully charged at last inspection. It is the duty of Guest to inform management immediately should the fire extinguisher become less than fully charged. Guest agrees to use the fire extinguisher only for true emergencies; depletion of the fire extinguisher for non-emergency will result in deduction from Security Deposit and additional damages.
17. The Property has fire and carbon monoxide alarms installed and they are believed to function properly at the time of rental. Guest agrees to notify Host without delay if a fire alarm “chirps” or has a low battery condition.
18. Guest shall see to their own security while in the Property by locking doors, windows, garage doors, etc., when it’s prudent to do so.
19. Valuable items left behind by Guest will be held for the Guest, and every reasonable effort will be made to contact Guest for return. If items are not claimed for longer than 6 months they shall become forfeited. Homeowner shall not be held liable for condition of said items, which Homeowner may sell and retain the proceeds therefrom.
20. Cable TV is provided and service level has been chosen by Homeowner. No refund of rents shall be given for outages, content, lack of content, or personal preferences with regard to cable TV service.
19. High speed wireless internet is provided as a convenience only and is not integral to the Agreement. No refund of rents shall be given for outages, content, lack of content, speed, access problems, lack of knowledge of use, or personal preferences with regard to internet service.