The SpaceOur spacious home is particularly suitable if you have an elderly couple travelling with you, as all their 'living' can be on one level for them.
The house offers: -
• 2 king bedrooms, 1 (downstairs) with en suite; 1 (upstairs) separate shower & bath; & a separate toilet upstairs
• 3rd bedroom has 2 singles (West side, upstairs - 188 x 92 cms) ; or can be configured as a double bed)
• 4th bedroom 1 king single, with roll-out single bed (upstairs); guests with 3 children may prefer to move the trundle bed to the third bedroom
• Expansive open living/dining area overlooking Hardys Bay; the kitchen overlooks Bouddi National Park to the rear
• Huge/wide wraparound deck surrounds the house; front & back provide extensive entertaining areas to north & south, both with glorious outlooks; comfortably entertain up to 10 people - and, if you have youngsters, there is room for scooters and small trikes/bikes....
• For families with toddlers - child gates for top & bottom of stairs are available on request (small extra charge applies).
• Library covering wide variety of tastes, plus games & DVD's available.
Try before you buy in Hardys Bay, Killcare, Pretty Beach or Wagstaffe?
Perfect for long winter weekends - ask for special price. Guest AccessThe whole house is available, & includes a large flat-screen TV, plus a wide selection of DVD's, books & games to ensure you have a fun, relaxing time.
A selection of games in the cupboard near the back door includes: - Traditional playing cards, Uno, Boggle, Pictionery, The Comedy Company, Bridge Cards & Texas Hold'em Poker.
The shaded spacious deck up in the trees provides additional beautiful views across Hardys Bay - enjoy your coffee & reading your papers or books amongst the trees & many birds. See if you can spot a bandicoot, scrub turkey or any of the other numerous wildlife in the area. Interaction with GuestsMarti & Ingrid from the local Hardys Bay Raine & Horne Managing Agents will make you most welcome on arrival - collect keys from their office . at Hardys Bay junction.
Once the booking is confirmed Ros & I provide much assistance with suggestions as to 'What to see & do Locally'.
Very Important please - if you believe you will make a booking please ensure you post detailed information about yourself and others travelling with you, including the AirBnB 'Verifications'.
Trust is a very important part of the AirBNB process - we have been very open & candid with you; being the same with us will facilitate transition from 'Enquiry' to 'Let's make a Booking'.
We can arrange full meal discount for guests at the leading local restaurant - please remind us as you make your booking. The NeighborhoodSpectacular views front & back, the house backs onto Bouddi National Park, & overlooks beautiful Hardys Bay and part of Brisbane Water to the North.
With over 4 kms of level walking around Hardys Bay, Pretty Beach and Wagstaffe, enjoy a relaxed stroll or a surf at Putty Beach Killcare surf beach (5 just minutes’ drive).
The Brisbane Waters and ocean views from a variety of walks through the Bouddi National Park, the walk to Lobster Beach and elsewhere are breathtaking.
Hardys Bay village has 5 cafes & restaurants and a village store (opens early, ‘til 7.30) all within 5 minutes’ drive (most within 10 minutes comfortable walk); many more within 10-20 minutes’ drive, so you are spoiled for choice.
Only 15 minutes’ drive to Woy Woy is the Fish Co-op (Seven Seas Restaurant), Woy Woy railway station (trains from Sydney approx. every 25 minutes) plus a variety of restaurants and shopping centres (Umina, Woy Woy, Erina, Gosford) nearby.
Gosford, Avoca, Erina, Pearl Beach (another great restaurant, & a cafe) & the pretty fishing village of Patonga (perfect for a beer, great fish & chips, and oysters) are all about 25 minutes’ drive.
Maybe leave the car in Pearl Beach and walk to Patonga (less than an hour moderate walk each way) enjoying Hawkesbury River views from the headlands and Trig Point along the way to Patonga.
Clean surf at Killcare, Macmasters, Avoca and other beaches nearby (most are patrolled in holiday season).
Other ideas - swim, fish & picnic at secluded Lobster Beach (a nice walk from Pretty Beach, but no vehicle access), bush walks (one hour stroll over spectacular headlands looking over Broken Bay and the Hawkesbury River), day-tripping to Palm Beach (ferries from Wagstaffe, with Ettalong/Hawkesbury stops), tennis or bowls (3 minutes’ drive, in Pretty Beach), hire a canoe or tinny for a day’s fishing (at Hardys Bay Marina), or just relaxing with friends or a book - Hardys Bay has it all for a week or two away, or a few days stopover on the way to or from Newcastle, Brisbane and beyond.
Any day you will see a huge variety of native birds such as kookaburras, rosellas, scrub turkeys, lorikeets, king parrots, fish hawks & pelicans, plus various shags, cormorants & herons, and a variety of ducks.
The house and its' locality are 'heaven' for artists; and for those wanting a quiet retreat. The spacious shaded 'deck' up in the trees is perfect for quiet contemplative time 'away from it all', reading, sketching or just enjoying the view drinking a coffee or enjoying some wine ....
The Pretty Beach boat ramp is just 3 minutes’ drive.
Every afternoon from about 4:15 p.m. locals gather under the yum yum tree at Hardys Bay junction directly across the road from the village store). The tradition has been running for more than 40 years - buy a 'long neck' beer or bottle of wine at the store across the road, and wander across and ask if you can join in. Visitors are always welcome! [Similar yum yum tree traditions are observed in Canberra ACT & Great Somerford, Wiltshire England].
Also, why not spend a few days at our other beautiful homes - in Waverton (Sydney); or in Dunsborough (close to the wonderful Margaret River wine area) Western Australia? Please ask for links to our homes in these other awesome locations. Getting AroundSelf-drive is recommend, as buses & taxis are not frequent, and the ferry only runs a few times daily (& seldom, outside summer months). But there are several restaurants & cafes within 10 minutes walk. Other Things to Note- To ensure you get the most out of your time, we will e-mail a useful 'Information for Guests' & our 'Places of Interest & Things to Do' fliers shortly before your arrival.
- Recent innovation for guests with children - if booked in advance we can provide: - (i) Gates for top and bottom of stairs; (ii) Standard size Travel cot; (iii) Baby High Chair; (iv) Emmaljunga 3-wheeler pram. Please request hire charge details.
- Wi-fi $50/week or part thereof for up to 50GB downloads - access needs to be booked in advance.
- Listed prices are 'Linen-excluded'. If linen is required you may book linen hire directly with our provider.
- Special prices for returning guests.
- Longer-staying guests are welcome, 1-2 months or more - please request details.
- The house is the perfect entertaining house, and easily caters for 10 people for BBQ's, with extendible dining & BBQ tables seating 10 (or more at a pinch) inside & out.
- Monday 5:30 a.m. rubbish collection - please roll the bins down to the road Sunday evening (or on departure) and place them on the uphill grassed edge of the drive.
- Pet friendly, but not fenced off - important to advise us details of any pets when you make the booking. Large dogs approved will incur a small additional charge.
- The garden & National Park to the rear are a wonderful playground for youngsters, but the garden is steep & rocky. It is totally the guests' responsibility to please very carefully supervise young children, especially if clambering over the rocks & shaded deck up in the trees & National Park at the rear. It is a precondition to every booking that we accept NO responsibility for any injury, however caused.
• 'Cable TV' - Foxtel standard service is connected.
• Hair driers provided in both bathrooms.
• A $5 donation will be made in rotation to one of our favourite Charities in respect of every confirmed booking made w.e.f. April 7 2015. The charities are: - Smith Family; The Salvos; & MS Society.
If you wish to join us making a similar donation please leave your contribution in a clearly marked envelope on completion of your booking, & we will email you a scanned copy of the receipt as evidence of the payment when made.