The SpaceWe are pleased to offer our beautiful, 2 bedroom beachfront apartment to the international community travelling through or living in Chile. This is an ideal "home-base" where you can explore nearby areas like Maitencillo, Cachagua & Zapallar, Viña del Mar (45 min. drive), Valparaiso (1 hr drive) & the vineyards in Casablanca (1 hr drive) OR you can do NOTHING AT ALL as you relax on the beach, enjoy your meals on our large, covered terrace overlooking the ocean or take a nice, leisurely stroll to Horcon to enjoy an empanada or fresh seafood.
The Apartment Features:
- Huge terrace with a spectacular ocean view overlooking the quaint fisherman's town of Horcon, extendable patio table, wicker seating area & stand-up electric barbecue grill
- Fully equipped kitchen - incl. a coffee maker & blender for your pisco sours ;-)
- Flat screen tv in the main bedroom with DVD player & movies for adults & kids
- Comfortable beds (2nd bedroom has two trundle beds or "nido" beds)
- Tennis rackets & balls, 2 beach chairs, high chair & portable security gate, clothes rack, electric heater, books in English & boardgames
- Flexible check-in and check-out times WHEN AVAILABLE
The "Condominio" Features:
- Direct, private access to Cau Cau Beach which includes an enclosed private area on the beach with lounge chairs & umbrellas. The city provides a full-time lifeguard during the high season
- Large fenced-in pool and kiddie pool with lounge chairs (open during the summer season only)
- Tennis courts (free during the day - nominal fee to play at night)
- Soccer field
- Barbecue area by the pool
- Jacuzzis (for a nominal fee)
- Sauna (for a nominal fee)
- Gym with mats, weights, stationary bikes, eliptical trainer & treadmill
- Laundry facilities (for a nominal fee)
- 24/7 security
- Reserved parking space for the apartment
- Plenty of visitor parking spaces
- Clubhouse with wifi, flat screen tv with cable, comfortable seating area & a bar area (if you'd like internet in the apartment, you can rent my 4G wifi router for an additional fee of CLP$2.500 per day but the portable wifi router must be picked-up in Santiago)
- On-site convenience store or "minimarket" that stocks all of the necesities incl. freshly baked bread (& they serve a yummy lunch & other snacks during the summer season and will even deliver!) They are open every day during the summer season and over long, holiday weekends
- Full-time cleaning and maintenance staff
- Approx. 10 min. walk to Caleta Horcon for shops, restaurants, another beach, fishermen selling fresh fish & a "feria artesanal" or artisan fair
IMPORTANT NOTE: Weekend rentals require a minimum 2 night stay (more if it's a long, holiday weekend). There is a minimum 7 night stay during the High Season (in other words, from late December to the end of February). The official July winter holidays require a minimum 7 night stay. Guest AccessGuests have access to everything in the apartment and all of the amenities of the condominium.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Weekend rentals require a minimum 2 night stay (more if it's a long, holiday weekend). There is a minimum 7 night stay during the High Season (in other words, from late December to the end of February). The official July winter holidays require a minimum 7 night stay. Interaction with GuestsWe are easily reachable via our Chilean cell phone and land-line numbers in addition to (SENSITIVE CONTENTS HIDDEN) and email. Although we do not live in the area (we're actually in Santiago), my parents-in-law live in the area and are available if you need them for whatever reason - although we are often in the area ourselves during the summer and at least one weekend a month throughout the rest of the year. The NeighborhoodFrom Santiago, it is about a 2 hour drive to Cau Cau Beach. Because of the difficulty in accessing the beach without being a guest in the condominium, Cau Cau is known by the locals as a semi-private beach and is truly one of Chile’s best kept secrets! A hidden gem among the protective cliffs and lush greenery, Cau Cau’s white sandy beach has earned itself the reputation of being one of Chile’s most beautiful beaches.
Our view faces “Caleta Horcon,” a quaint fisherman’s village located about a 10 minute leisurely walk from the condominium, where there are restaurants, minimarkets, a small supermarket, a “feria artesanal” or artisan fair, and another beach. You can also buy fresh fish from the fishermen in the morning! I love this place for all of its people watching opportunities…From the fishermen as they take their boats in from their morning catch to the locals who have their own unique flare, Horcon is unlike any town you have ever visited in Chile. It is a truly authentic Chilean experience!
Other popular beaches and towns are within driving distance: Maitencillo ( about 15 minutes), Quintero (about 25 minutes), Concon (about 30 minutes), Zapallar (about 35 minutes), Papudo (about 40 minutes), Viña del Mar (about 45 minutes), Valparaiso (about an hour) and wine country is just an hour away by car (in Casablanca). Getting AroundIf you do not have access to a car, there's nothing to worry about because during the summer season there is a bus from Santiago that will take you directly to Horcon. From there, it's a short walk to the condominium or a cheap taxi cab ride. Throughout the rest of the year, there is a bus from Santiago that will take you to Quintero where you would then take a "colectivo" or shared taxi (or private taxi if you prefer) to the condomium. While you are there, you can take the bus, taxi cabs or 'colectivos' around the area to explore other towns and beaches. Other Things to NoteAlthough quilts, blankets and pillows are included in the rental, bed sheets and bath towels are not, but you do have the option of renting sheets and bath towels for a one-time fee of CLP$15.000 (for up to 4 people) and CLP$20.000 for 5 to 6 people.
RENTAL RATES 2016/2017:
Low Season: May 1, 2017 - August 31, 2017
* USD$59 per Night
* There are no minimum stay requirements unless it is a long, holiday weekend or the official Chilean July winter holidays
Mid Season: February 28 - April 30, 2016 AND September 1 - Decemb(PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN) AND February 28 - April 30, 2017
* USD$69 per Night
* There is a 2 night minimum stay requirement for weekend reservations. There are no minimum stay requirements for reservations during the week. And there are minimum stay requirements for long, holiday weekends.
High Season: Decemb(PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN) - February 28, 2017
* USD$79 per Night
* 7 night minimum stay requirement
IMPORTANT: We will only rent the apartment via AirBnB if you have positive reviews from others in the system or you have COMPLETED your profile on AirBnB - including uploading an official identification (like your passport) into the AirBnB system. Thank you!