The SpaceWe are pleased to offer our beautiful, 2 bedroom beachfront apartment to the international community travelling through or living in Chile.
- Maximum Capacity: 6 people
- Bedrooms: 2
- Closet Space with Hangers: YES
- Full Bathroom: 1
- Beds: 1 double bed in the main bedroom, 2 trundle beds (single beds with another single bed underneath them) in the second bedroom (all purchased NEW in September 2014) - includes quilts, blankets and pillows (also purchased new in September 2014)
- Kitchen: Fully equipped - including new stove (purchased in September 2014), microwave, coffeemaker, dishes, cutlery, pots, pans, etc.
- Patio: YES! And it's HUGE!
- Heating: There is an electric heater that heats up the entire apartment
- Reserved Parking Space: YES (1)
- Visitor Parking Spaces: YES
- Pets Allowed: NO
- Smoking Permited: NO (only outside on the patio and with the sliding glass door closed, please)
- Board Games: YES
- Flat Screen Television: YES
- Cable TV: YES
- WiFi in the Apartment: YES for an additional fee of USD$5 per day but the portable wifi router must be picked-up in Santiago (please note that there is free wifi access available in the clubhouse)
- DVD Player: YES
- DVD Movies: YES (including childrens' movies)
- Tennis Rackets: YES
- Baby Gate: YES (easy to place and remove)
- Bar-B-Q Grill: YES (an electric, stand-up grill so you can bar-b-q on the patio!)
- Books in English: YES
- Check-in Time: 4pm onward
- Check-out Time: 12pm
- Flexible Check-in and Check-out Times: When it's possible, we're very flexible! But please note that it will likely not be possible during the High Season (Chilean summer)
- Hosts: Penelope (or Penny!) Ortega and Claudio Bustos
- Languages Spoken Fluently: English, French and Spanish
- Name: Caucau Condominio
- Type: Gated community
- Security: 24/7 with active patrolling for your safety
- Cleaning and Maintenance of the Grounds: YES
- Fenced-in Pool: YES (open during the summer season only)
- Fenced-in Kiddie Pool: YES (open during the summer season only)
- Gym: YES
- Jacuzzi: YES (2) for a small fee (reserve prior to using)
- Sauna: YES - for a small fee (reserve prior to using)
- Tennis Courts: YES (free during the day - small fee at night) - the onsite convenience store rents out tennis rackets and balls
- Soccer Field: YES
- Playground Area: YES
- Bar-B-Q Pits: YES (reserve prior to using)
- Club House: YES
- Wifi: YES (in the Club House only at no additional charge - otherwise, we offer wifi internet access in the apartment for an additional USD$5 per day but the portable wifi router must be picked up in Santiago)
- Onsite Convenience Store: YES (open every day during the summer season from 9am to midnight and open over long holiday weekends during the rest of the
- Room Service: YES! The convenience store prepares delicious lunches at a reasonable price during the High Season. For CLP$3500 (or approx. USD$6) you receive an entree (typically a salad entree), main dish (typically a choice between the fish of the day or a meat dish) and side dish (typically rice, potatoes or salad). They will deliver the meals to your apartment or you can enjoy your lunch by the pool. They will also deliver fresh baked bread in the mornings, empanadas, desserts, and other grocery items.
Laundry Facilities: YES - CLP$1.500 per token (approx. USD$2.50)
IMPORTANT NOTE: Although there are no minimum stay requirements during the low and mid season (unless it is a long, holiday weekend or the official Chilean July winter holidays), there is a minimum 7 night stay during the High Season (in other words, from Decemb(PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN) to March 1, 2015). Until Novemb(PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN), we are accepting reservations for the High Season on a weekly basis (from Saturday to Saturday). After November 15th, we will begin accepting reservations that do not fall under that Saturday to Saturday requirement - depending on availability. Thank you! Guest AccessGuests have access to everything in the apartment and all of the amenities of the condominium.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Although there are no minimum stay requirements during the low and mid season (unless it is a long, holiday weekend or the official Chilean July winter holidays), there is a minimum 7 night stay during the High Season (in other words, from Decemb(PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN) to March 1, 2015). Until Novemb(PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN), we are accepting reservations for the High Season on a weekly basis (from Saturday to Saturday). After November 15th, we will begin accepting reservations that do not fall under that Saturday to Saturday requirement - depending on availability. Thank you! Interaction with GuestsWe are easily reachable via our North American direct telephone number as well as Chilean cell phone and land-line numbers in addition to (SENSITIVE CONTENTS HIDDEN) and email. Although we do not live in the area (we're actually in Santiago), the parents-in-law live in the area and are available if you need them for whatever reason - although we are often in the area ourselves during the summer and at least one weekend a month throughout the rest of the year. The NeighborhoodFrom Santiago, it is about a 2 hour drive to Cau Cau Beach. Because of the difficulty in accessing the beach without being a guest in the condominium, Cau Cau is known by the locals as a semi-private beach and is truly one of Chile’s best kept secrets! A hidden gem among the protective cliffs and lush greenery, Cau Cau’s white sandy beach has earned itself the reputation of being one of Chile’s most beautiful beaches.
Our view faces “Caleta Horcon,” a quaint fisherman’s village located about a 10 minute leisurely walk from the condominium,
where there are restaurants, minimarkets, a small supermarket, a “feria artesanal” or artisan market, and another beach. You can also buy fresh fish from the fishermen in the morning! I love this place for all of its people watching opportunities…From the fishermen as they take their boats in from their morning catch to the locals who have their own unique flare, Horcon is unlike any town you have ever visited in Chile. It is a truly authentic Chilean experience!
Other popular beaches and towns are within driving distance: Maitencillo ( about 15 minutes), Quintero (about 25 minutes), Concon (about 30 minutes), Zapallar (about 35 minutes), Papudo (about 40 minutes), Viña del Mar (about 45 minutes), Valparaiso (about an hour). Getting AroundIf you do not have access to a car, there's nothing to worry about because during the summer season there is a bus from Santiago that will take you directly to Horcon. From there, it's a short walk to the condominium or a cheap taxi cab ride. Throughout the rest of the year, there is a bus from Santiago that will take you to Viña del Mar where you would then take another bus to Horcon. While you are there, you can take the bus, taxi cabs or 'colectivos' around the area to explore other towns and beaches. Other Things to NoteIn addition to the nightly rental fee, there is a one-time cleaning fee of USD$30. Although quilts, blankets and pillows are included in the rental, sheets and bath towels are not, but you do have the option of renting sheets and bath towels for a one-time fee of USD$30. Finally, we require a security deposit of USD$95 that will be returned to you when the keys are returned and the apartment is vacated in the condition it was given to you.
RENTAL RATES 2016:
Low Season: May First, 2016 - August Thirty-First, 2016
* USD$70 per Night
* There are no minimum stay requirements unless it is a long, holiday weekend or the official Chilean July winter holidays
Mid Season: February Twenty-Eighth - April Thirtieth, 2016 AND September First - December Twenty-Second, 2016
* USD$80 per Night
* There is a 2 night minimum stay requirement for weekend reservations. There are no minimum stay requirements for reservations during the week. And there are minimum stay requirements for long, holiday weekends.
High Season: December Twenty-Third, 2016 - February Twenty-Eighth, 2017
* USD$90 per Night
* 7 night minimum stay requirement
IMPORTANT: We will only rent the apartment via AirBnB if you have positive reviews from others in the system and/or you have COMPLETED your profile on AirBnB - including uploading an official identification (like your passport) into the AirBnB system. Thank you!