The SpaceQuiet and green area of private houses.
At your disposal a whole house with bedrooms and a glazed porch. Around the house there are no neighbors. The place is very quiet. There are green yard fenced. Car parking space on the adjacent street without paying.
-nearest supermarket 5 minutes walk;
-Sea beach is 25 minutes away by car;
-Jerusalem 40 minutes;
-Tel-Aviv 20 minutes;
- City center 5 minutes drive In the center of Rehovot has a beautiful park on the territory of the Weizmann Institute, where you can explore on foot or by bike.
You can use the bike for a fee of 10 euros per day.
Bicycling is closed for security lock.
I have 2 bikes for men and women Guest AccessFor the first time in the refrigerator cold drinks.
To heat water for a shower in the boiler need to turn on the switch for 20 minutes and do not forget to turn it off. Interaction with GuestsI'll be glad to talk with the guests, if they wish. The NeighborhoodHistory
Rehovot in its early days
Rehovot was established near a site called Khirbat Deiran, which now lies in the center of the build-up area of the city.
Excavations at Khirbat Deiran have revealed signs of habitation in the Hellenic and Roman periods and through the Byzantine period, with a major expansion to about 60 dunams during the early centuries of Islamic rule. Evidence of Jewish and possibly Samaritan occupants during the Roman and Byzantine periods has been found. In 1939, Khirbet Deiran was identified by Klein with Kerem Doron ("vineyard of Doron"), a place mentioned in Talmud Yerushalmi (Peah 7,4), but Fischer considers that there is "no special reason" for this identification, while Kalmin is unsure whether Doron was a place or a person.
The moshava of Rehovot was founded on the coastal plain by Polish Jews seeking to establish a township independent of the Baron Edmond James de Rothschild. The land was purchased by the Menuha Venahala society, an organization in Warsaw that raised funds for Jewish settlement in Eretz Israel.
In March 1892, a dispute over pasture rights erupted between the residents of Rehovot and the neighboring village of Zarnuqa, which took two years to resolve. Another dispute broke out with the Suteriya Bedouin tribe, which had been cultivating some of the land as tenant farmers. According to Moshe Smilansky, one of the early settlers of Rehovot, the Bedouins had received compensation for the land, but refused to vacate it. In 1893, they attacked the moshava. Through the intervention of a respected Arab sheikh, a compromise was reached, with the Bedouins receiving an additional sum of money, which they used to dig a well.
In 1890, the region was an uncultivated wasteland with no trees, houses or water. The settlers of Rehovot planted vineyards, almond orchards and citrus groves, but grappled with agricultural failures, plant diseases, and marketing problems.
The first citrus grove was planted by Zalman Minkov in 1904. Minkov's grove, surrounded by a wall, included a guard house, stables, a packing plant, and an irrigation system in which groundwater was pumped from a large well in the inner courtyard. The well was 23 meters deep, the height of an eight-story building, and over six meters in diameter. The water was channeled via an aqueduct to an irrigation pool, and from there to a network of ditches dug around the bases of the trees.
A few dozen Yemenite families had joined Rehovot by 1908. They built houses for themselves in a plot given to them at the south end of the town, which became known as Sha'araim. In 1910, Shemu'el Warshawsky, with the secret support of the JNF, was sent to Yemen to recruit more agricultural laborers. Hundreds arrived starting in 1911 and were housed first in a compound one kilometre south of Rehovot and then in a large extension of the Sha'araim quarter.
In February 1914, Rothschild visited Rehovot during the fourth of his five visits to the Land of Israel.
In 1924, the British Army contracted the Palestine Electric Company for wired electric power. The contract allowed the Electric Company to extend the grid beyond the original geographical limits that had been projected by the concession it was given. The high-tension line that exceeded the limits of the original concession ran along some major towns and agricultural settlements, offering extended connections to the Jewish towns of Rishon Le-Zion, Ness Ziona and Rehovot (in spite of their proximity to the high-tension line, the Arab towns of Ramleh and Lydda remained unconnected).
The agricultural research station that opened in Rehovot in 1932 became the Department of Agriculture of the Hebrew University of Jerusalem. In 1934, Chaim Weizmann established the Sieff Institute, which became the Weizmann Institute of Science. In 1937, Weizmann built his home on the land purchased adjacent to the Sieff Institute. The house later served as the presidential residence after Weizmann became president in 1948. Weizmann and his wife are buried on the grounds of the institute.
On 29 February 1948, the Lehi blew up the Cairo to Haifa train shortly after it left Rehovot, killing 29 British soldiers and injuring 35. Lehi said the bombing was in retaliation for the Ben Yehuda Street bombing a week earlier. The Scotsman reported that both Weizmann's home and the Agricultural Institute were damaged in the explosion, although the site was 1-2 miles [1.6–3 km] away. Getting AroundOn the street adjacent to the house. Bus stop number 15 bus goes to the city center. You can use the bike for a fee of 10 euros per day. Bicycling is closed for security lock. Other Things to NoteIn 5 minutes the Weizmann Institute.
Weizmann Institute of Science - one of the world's largest research centers.
On campus is "Yad Chaim Weizmann" - Chaim Weizmann memorial complex, where the home of the first president and founder of the Institute and Museum with a collection of manuscripts and materials about his life.
On land belonging to the institution, there is also a "science park them. Sir Charles Clore," which is an open-air museum. There will be very interesting to both adults and children.