The Space• Large, funky, comfortable home on 10 acres in rural/small town Vermont, 30 minutes from Burlington. Beautiful setting, accommodates many, unique character.
• 4 bedrooms (queen bed, double bed, single bed, 2 single bunk beds)
• 1 office/additional bedroom (another queen bed)
• 2 bathrooms (one has large bathtub/shower; one is just sink and toilet)
• Open floor plan with living room/kitchen connected
• Geodesic dome with addition
• Wifi, land line, 2 office spaces (these double as "guest" rooms with double/queen beds in them).
• ***Please note that this is our personal residence; we leave all our furniture, linens, cookware, tools, books, etc. for renter to use, and our personal coats, clothing, etc. are around. This is our way of saying that our place feels much more like a lived-in home than a hotel. As we live with a bunch of young'ns, this is a great place for those with children, and those who understand that life with children is not pristine :) We keep it clean and tidy but this is definitely not a Crate and Barrel showroom. :) *** Also, we live in the woods, so the reality is that sometimes we see a mouse or an ant in our home! :)
• Great place for kids of all ages, indoors and outs.
• Large play room/rec room.
• Washer/dryer; laundry lines indoors and outside.
• Propane cook stove/oven and on demand hot water.
• Casual décor; mostly rough-cut wood walls, hardwood floors, bedrooms have carpets.
• Solar electricity, and we're also tied into the electric grid.
• Well water, potable, good pressure, on-demand hot water system.
• Big deck, grass yard, vegetable gardens, shed, play structure with swings/slides/sandbox.
• Richmond is a town of 5000, great community, grocery store, hardware store, gas station, farmers market, library, playground, great restaurants, bakery etc. That's 3 miles from us.
• Stream runs through our property with small, beautiful waterfall, great for dipping and play.
• Located about 20 miles from Burlington and 25 miles from Montpelier.
• Closest big city is a 2 hour drive to Montréal.
• Located super close to Bolton Valley Ski area (15 min drive) and close to lots of others—Stowe, Sugarbush, Mad River Glen, etc. (and a 4 minute drive to Cochran's tiny ski area right in our town!)
• Hiking/xc skiing trails out the back door.
• High speed internet connection with wifi.
• For monthly rental: All utilities included (i.e. plowing, wifi, wood heat, electric, propane, hot water, land line, etc.)
• For winter rental -- we have a new, state of the art wood fired boiler that is easy to operate, heats the house evenly, and comes with a woodshed full of wood!
• We have a video showing how to fire up the boiler. Guest AccessAccess to full house and 10 acres of land. Other Things to NoteHere are some other reviews that guests shared with us, but were unable to post to airbnb because the allowed time lapsed):
"Your house was ideal for our family vacation. Huge, charming, clean, and unique house, with everything you can wish for. Beautiful area, great location. Heaven on Earth! Thank you for everything, and I would certainly recommend your place to everyone :)" (Family of 5 visiting from abroad)
"The house was magical. It had quirky rooms, art, activities, outdoor spaces everywhere. It was comfortable and welcoming. A great place to bring my family for the weekend." (Extended family of 5 visiting from NJ/VT)