The SpaceThis comfortable and roomy home is almost 100 years old with archways, but has been completely gutted with all new electric, plumbing, stucco walls, windows on all 4 sides, ceiling fans, hardwood floors, tub/shower combo, desk space, and a new cherry & stainless steel kitchen. Guest AccessYou may access the deck and all rooms with the exception of my bedroom, including the basement for laundering (detergent available; 2 loads per week maximum, 1 load allowed after 4 days) and refrigerator space. Interaction with GuestsI am a retired executive assistant but still an active musician and swimmer, so I will be available to assist you. The NeighborhoodThis neighborhood is hilly, diverse and very safe with sidewalks, bike paths and tree-lined streets.
Within a half mile is a:
and the following locally owned & operated places;
Esquire movie theater
Schnucks grocery store (organic available)
Oak Knoll Park
Starr's wine store
Duffy's pub, Boston Market, Panera, Quiznos
Kaldi's & Einstein Coffee
Riverbend Cajun restaurant
Fozzie's sandwich shop
Beautiful Nails, Great Clips, Pacific Beach tanning salon
Big Shark bike shop
Telle's auto repair
• 1 mile to Fontbonne College, Concordia Seminary, SSM Hospital
• 1.5 miles to Washington University
• 2 miles to the Galleria Mall, Whole Foods, Trader Joes, western edge of Forest Park (6 mile perimeter, includes the Zoo, Muny Opera, golf course, tennis courts, History & Art Museums, Science Center, Boathouse, Steinberg Ice Rink)
My home is:
• .8 mile from a rec center (indoor deep/shallow pool, fitness, track)
• 2 miles from a YMCA (deep/shallow water pool, fitness, track) or Maple wood outdoor pool that all have guest access.
This location is:
• 10 driving minutes to downtown Arch, walking/trolley tours, CWE, the Loop, the Hill, Old town Webster & many cultural attractions
• 15 driving minutes to the airport, Old town Kirkwood, the Magic House
• 20 driving minutes to the casinos, Chesterfield or St. Charles
I can recommend the local restaurants, the best sights, nighttime hotspots, public parks or one day trips. Getting AroundI live one block from a bus line, less than one mile from I-64 (east/west) and I-170 (north/south) and about 1.5 miles to the closest Metrolink station.
If you need a ride to or from the airport ($20.00 extra each way) or metrolink station ($10.00 extra each way), I would be happy to personally assist you.
Uber (not Lyft) is available in STL, but only the high end cars when leaving the airport. Other Things to NoteIDENTIFIER: There is a large boulder on the front lawn & the driveway is on the right.
PARKING: You may load/unload at the top of the driveway for easy access to the house's rear entry, but will park on the street.
FITNESS: I have space for your personal, indoor exercise (no machines).