The SpaceThis comfortable and roomy home is almost 100 years old with archways, but has been completely gutted with all new electric, plumbing, stucco walls, windows on all 4 sides, ceiling fans, hardwood floors, tub/shower combo, desk space, and a new cherry & stainless steel kitchen. Guest AccessYou may access the deck and all rooms with the exception of my bedroom, including the basement for laundering (detergent available) and refrigerator space. Interaction with GuestsI am a retired executive assistant but still an active musician and swimmer, so I will be available to assist you. The NeighborhoodThis neighborhood is hilly, diverse and very safe with sidewalks, bike paths and tree-lined streets.
Within a half mile is a:
and the following locally owned & operated places;
Esquire movie theater
Schnucks grocery store (organic available)
Oak Knoll Park
Starr's wine store
Duffy's pub, Boston Market, Panera, Quiznos
Kaldi's & Einstein Coffee
Riverbend Cajun restaurant
Fozzie's sandwich shop
Beautiful Nails, Great Clips, Pacific Beach tanning salon
Big Shark bike shop
Telle's auto repair
• 1 mile to Fontbonne College, Concordia Seminary, SSM Hospital
• 1.5 miles to Washington University
• 2 miles to the Galleria Mall, Whole Foods, Trader Joes, western edge of Forest Park (6 mile perimeter, includes the Zoo, Muny Opera, golf course, tennis courts, History & Art Museums, Science Center, Boathouse, Steinberg Ice Rink)
My home is:
• .8 mile from a rec center (indoor deep/shallow pool, fitness, track)
• 2 miles from a YMCA (deep/shallow water pool, fitness, track) or Maple wood outdoor pool that all have guest access.
This location is:
• 10 driving minutes to downtown Arch, walking/trolley tours, CWE, the Loop, the Hill, Old town Webster & many cultural attractions
• 15 driving minutes to the airport, Old town Kirkwood, the Magic House
• 20 driving minutes to the casinos, Chesterfield or St. Charles
I can recommend the local restaurants, the best sights, nighttime hotspots, public parks or one day trips. Getting AroundI live one block from a bus line, less than one mile from I-64 (east/west) and I-170 (north/south) and about 1.5 miles to the closest Metrolink station.
If you need a ride to or from the airport ($20.00 extra each way) or metrolink station ($10.00 extra each way), I would be happy to personally assist you.
Uber (not Lyft) is available in STL, but only the high end cars when leaving the airport. Other Things to NoteIDENTIFIER: There is a large boulder on the front lawn & the driveway is on the right.
PARKING: You may load/unload at the top of the driveway for easy access to the house's rear entry, but will park on the street.
FITNESS: I have space for your personal, indoor exercise (no machines).