We have a lovely brick home centrally located in the chic, hip and trendy Royal Oak | Berkley, with convenient access to I-696, I-75, Southfield, Lodge and all expressways, you can easily get to Detroit and surrounding areas. We try our best to make our home a comfortable, convenient and safe place for you to stay and we're proud at our 200+ guests and their positive reviews. We welcome you to stay.
Our home is pet-free and smoke-free.
Royal Oak | Berkley is an up-scale suburb outside of Detroit. It is extremely safe and in fact one of the safest neighborhoods you can find. Neighbors are typically professionals and starting families. Within a mile is Woodward Avenue, famous for the Woodward Dream Cruise, which boasts a variety of restaurants, bars, grocery stores and everything you could imagine.
…is about 45-90 minutes away depending upon traffic, as the Airport is located in the middle of nowhere.
Downtown Detroit, Windsor|Ontario Canada and the Detroit Casinos
…are a quick 15-20 minutes down highway I-75.
…is 5-10 minutes away, and even some neighbors walk to work there.
Other Hospitals | Rochester | Pontiac | Auburn Hills
…are 30-40 minutes away, if that's too long, consider our other listing “LakeHouse" which is closer to these
One Double Size bed, located on the main level.
Electronic access, come and go as you please.
Fully stocked Living Room and Kitchen with TV, WiFi internet, dishes, pots, pans and more. Towels, washer, dryer and even the laundry soap provided!
One parking space is included.
Cars are very convenient. Taxis and buses are not as convenient but we do have them. Download the Smart Bus schedule and maps if you plan to use public transportation.
Book early to avoid disappointment. Our rooms always fill up!
We look forward to hosting you and welcome to Michigan!
House Rules – Applies to all guests
1. Guests – Only those listed on the reservation may enter the home at any time.
2. Environment & Guest Conduct – The home is peaceful and quiet, and we strive to keep it clean. Thus, guests should pick up after themselves (cleaning dishes when using, taking out trash when it is full, etc.). The home is smoke and drug-free. Whether legal or illegal drugs, they are not allowed in the home or on the property lines. Guests should not drink excessively while staying with us. No house parties, and guests should be quiet if coming back late at night.
3. Parking – You will be assigned a designated parking space, please park appropriately and ensure that you are legal to drive. Drive responsibly, please.
4. Pets – Pets are not allowed. You may on a case-by-case basis ask for an exception to this rule. You will be responsible for any damages by your pet. At our Catalpa location, there are no pets in the most recent year. At our Beverly location, there is a small cat and dog. Those with pet allergies should take caution before booking.
5. Environmental friendly – When you leave the home, please ensure that windows and doors are closed and locked. Air con and heat are off when not in use. Lights are off when not in use.
6. CCTV – There may be CCTV or video recording devices on the property for security purposes. There is of course no CCTV in your bedroom or bathroom.
7. Locks – Some bedrooms may have a lock on the door and some do not. Please enquire with us before staying if you’d like a lock on your door (for long-term guests).
8. Common space – The bathrooms in all of our listings are shared. Living room and kitchen are fully stocked and available for your use. We supply general household items such as toilet paper and towels. Please do not use excessive supplies and please do not take anything when you leave.
9. Temperature controls – The heat and air con temperatures are locked and set as follows: Summer, air is set at 72 degrees. Winter, heat is set at 68 degrees. Some rooms are hotter or colder than others, such as the basement might stay in the 60’s and the upstairs may go into the upper 70’s. We have extra blankets and heaters that you may use, but please ask us in advance so we can properly set it up for you.
10. Check-in / Check-out times – The check-in time is between 3:00pm – 9:00pm and the check-out time is 10:00am. If you have a special situation, please contact us in advance and we will try our best to accommodate you. For added flexibility to guests, we may or may not be present when you check-in, but we will give you instructions on how to enter the home.
11. Home condition – We like our home is in great condition, however, it is to be noted that the home is not new, and anything in the home has been used before.
12. Loss – Please do not leave valuables laying around, and especially do not leave valuables on the floor. We can not control nature, sometimes we experience local floods or electrical outages. During these periods, please avoid using the electrical outlets and note that the basement may have some water, dampness, mildew, mold or the smell of a basement. This is a seasonal issue, so if you are sensitive to these things, please take caution before booking. Also, please note that we have some extension cables in the home. We are not responsible for any loss or injury on the property.
14. Overbooking – Sometimes we unfortunately overbook or a guest from before stays longer. In this case, your preferred room may not be available and we will provide you with another room.
15. Smoke detector & Carbon Monoxide Detector – There is a smoke detector in the home, and if the batteries are low, it may beep slowly/randomly. Stay calm, and seek to replace the batteries to solve the problem. If there is a fire, please exit the home and call the Fire department at 911.
16. Kitchen – The kitchen has a gas stove, please ensure the gas is off when you are not using the stove. Basic cooking is fine, but please do not cook foods with very heavy smells (curry or the likes).
17. Postal Mail – Guests are not allowed to use the address as their legal residential address. Guests should not sign for nor receive any packages/letters at the premises.
18. Damages & Extra Charges – Guests agree to replace any damaged items and compensate for violating rules above. Sometimes guests need extra services (car & driver, tours, etc.) or items, and they may pay for them via Airbnb’s resolution tool. Please keep clean and considerate to our cleaner.
19. Communication – All communication must be through Airbnb’s messenger. We are very good at getting back to you quickly, but sometimes life happens! We will respond to you within one business day.
20. Airbnb – We rent out more than one room in the home and it is likely that you will be staying with another Airbnb guest. We may or may not be in the home during your stay, depending upon our schedule.
*Cleaner welcomes tips, thank you.