The Space- This property has one QUEEN size bed, one FULL (smaller than the queen), two TWIN beds (perfect for children) and one futon (also for a child). The best max number of guests who would fit comfortably would probably be 2 couples, and 2 children.
- Oceanside family-friendly condo unit on 3rd floor with open roof where you can see the mountains to the north and ocean to the south. Located on north central coast - a quiet condominium complex away from the noise and partying of San Juan. Perfect for families or those looking for a quiet getaway.
- 2 balconies which face the ocean trees and plants. You can hear the waves all day.
- 1 mile from Los Tubos (surfing/snorkeling), 1 mile from Vega Baja beach, 5 miles from Laguna Tortuguero.
- 35-40 minutes west of San Juan on north central coast.
- Smoke free unit - Smoking is not permitted on the premises.
- Sleeps four adults and two children comfortably.
- Footsteps to the pools, tennis courts and beach with secure gate access and natural tide pools.
- Two tennis courts, two basketball courts and a beach volleyball court, all with night-time illumination.
-Totally equipped gym, free weights,television, music system and an outdoor area for aerobics.
- Various Children's playgrounds throughout the complex.
*Beautifully landscaped, tree-lined and well lit green areas with passive walking areas bordering the beachfront,ideally suited for walks, jogs, runs or for enjoying nature.
* 5 minutes from surfing location, 5 minutes from open ocean swimming area and protected cove
- Master bedroom faces beach sounds and ocean trees.
- River Kayak (for Tortuga nature preserve)
- Two private parking and so many parking for visitor
- Furnished living room (including TV with Cable, DVD and CD player/FM/AM Stereo)
- A/C in all rooms - please conserve and use at night only. :)
- Equipped kitchen with utility (refrigerator/freezer,Stove Top,
microwave, coffee maker)
- Washer and Dryer
- Dining room
- Master Bedroom with full bathroom,queen-size bed, alarm-
clock radio, A/C and closet space
- 2 Additional bedrooms, one with with queen and one with a trundel bed.
- Fully stocked linen closet: bath towels and bed sheets sets
- Hair dryer
- Complementary initial toiletry supplies (body soap, shampoo and toilet paper)
*Gated community with controlled access
*24-hr security guard / patrol service
*Coral and tide pool beach access.
*SORRY, NO PETS ALLOWED - NO SMOKING ALLOWED
* There is a portable fold-up kayak on the premises that can be used to go to Tortuga nature preserve 10 minutes away - a beautiful fresh-water lake and river with hundreds of rare plant and animal species.
- 30 minutes from Arecibo. 40 minutes from the Caves of Camuy. Guest AccessGuests will have access to two pools, a reef-covered tide pool beach, tennis and basketball court, paved running path, sea kayak, TV, laundry, stove, microwave, fridge/freezer, roof and balconies. Interaction with GuestsI really love telling my guests about the location and the things to do. I'm a runner, swimmer, snorkeler and adventurer, so I really get into the local running trails and secret snorkeling spots. Puerto Rico is my favorite place, and I want to show you the best it has to offer! The NeighborhoodIf you're looking for a safe, secure, condominium complex with gated access against a natural reef, a couple of miles from a natural reserve, snorkeling, kayaking and running in the middle of a beach town immersed in local culture, this condo is for you. If you're looking for the typical cruise ship tourist cliche of being walking distance to shopping, restaurants, and another old fort, this is not for you.
My complex lies against a natural reef-covered beach where you can see ocean snails, tropical fish, crabs and sea urchins, especially during low tide. About one mile to the west is Los Tubos, a prime surfing spot, and about 20 meters to the west of that is an area prime for snorkeling and diving where you can see sea turtles, sting rays, barracuda and tropical fish. One mile to the east is a giant tide pool protected beach called Puerto Nuevo which is sheltered by giant limestone cliffs. The complex itself is beautiful and quiet, except for the sound of ocean waves. The condo is located in a small beach town with a promenade, a few restaurants and locals selling coconuts and frozen ice drinks. You MUST rent a car, but once in certain areas you can certainly walk around. Getting AroundYou WILL need a rental car to travel to and around the area. If you are a runner, there are several routes and running trails through jungle within 3 miles of the condo. I run from my condo east to the coast guard and back, through the beach, which is about 5 miles round trip. I also run in the complex, which is about 1 mile around. Other Things to NoteThe location is a triathlete and runner's dream with open ocean swimming, running and biking routes up and down the ocean just outside of the condo complex. Perfect for snorkeling and surfing, especially when the swells head from the north during the winter.
NOTE: The Puerto Rican electrical grid is aging and subject to malfunctions due to salty ocean air. There are no generators on site, and while regional island power outages are infrequent, rolling blackouts can occur. If you fear power outages in general, you may wish to stay in a hotel (although those are generally more expensive).
WARNING: This is the tropics, to the existence of 'critters' is not unheard of - occasional tiny, speedy (but not dangerous) ghost ants may find their way into the condo. Personally I enjoy watching them create little trails but if you're not into it, we have pesticide spray in the closet or you can just use a paper towel. You may see a cool looking beetle, dragonfly or even a mosquito. We do have screens but they can occasionally fly in.
ZIKA or DENGUE: I stay in the condo with my family every year and haven't had an issue with these things, but if you're in the first trimester of pregnancy, you may want to wait to book your trip. Otherwise, keep the doors closed and if traveling to areas of the island that are more densely populated, bring mosquito repellent and/or wear long sleeve shirts and long pants.