The SpaceLa Gueule Aux Loups (LGAL)
Come experience and explore the allure of France, her culture, her lifestyle - the charming scenic countryside, the finest tastes and traditions of Champagne, the grandeur, romance and beauty of Paris – all from your own luxury B&B.
La Gueule Aux Loups is a property nestled in the French countryside of Seine et Marne, offering luxury B&B accommodation, tranquil surroundings and conveniently located within a short driving distance to Paris (50km), Champagne (10km) and surrounding region.
Our property is situated on nine hectares of farmland, with fruit orchards, vegetable and herb gardens and surrounded by forests - a private, restful setting to relax, explore or as your base for the region.
At LGAL, we harmoniously blend French tradition with a contemporary style, presenting guests the choice of five accommodation types. Our rooms are spacious, stylishly decorated and with modern amenities.
Once inside the pine-tree lined boundaries of LGAL, three residences welcome guests, blending the old and new, in materials and design, function and form.
“La Grande Maison” at the center overlooks the property from all directions. The private ground floor retains the original structure of the old property. The three guest rooms, Le Pied a Terrre, La Reine Marguerite, Les Mesanges are located on the first floor, with private terrace access.
Le Pied A Terre: A luxurious 110sqm grand suite as your private home away from home. Enjoy private, spacious living and dining areas, and two outdoor terraces facing North and South to relax through the day. There are two separate bathrooms - “his” or “hers” (with Jacuzzi) to freshen up. For your restful sleep, a king bed with a selection of pillow options. Ideal for couples wanting luxury and comfort or those wanting to feel at home while traveling. Breakfast can be served in the privacy of the room on request.
La Reine Marguerite: A spacious 25 sqm, romantic room for couples with a modern Queen bed under skylights. Natural warm sunlight flows through the day and the romantic night sky at night. Furnished with a blend of traditional and modern pieces, modern spacious bathroom facilities with bathtub.
Les Mesanges: For those traveling together or more economically, this 25sqm room offers two twin beds basked under sky lights. Furnished with a blend of traditional and modern pieces, modern spacious bathroom facilities with bathtub.
All rooms in La Grande Maison have access to the communal (80sqm) area of living, dining, library, small office and kitchenette on the floor. Breakfast is served in the mornings in the dining area. Sit, read, relax in the library or at the lounge; enjoy the view of the property surroundings from the terrace; Wifi, TV, ipod stand, Nespresso machine are available in the living area. The communal areas are extensions of your room.
Les Aubepines: is a fully independent 70 sqm cottage with one bedroom (queen bed) and attic loft (2 single beds); kitchen, living, dining, spacious bathroom and garden terrace. Furnished with a blend of modern and antique pieces, it retains a country charm with a splash of modern luxury. Wifi, TV, ipod stand and Nespresso coffee machine are provided. Ideal for couples wanting full independence and families with older children. The cottage is also suitable for disabled access.
L'Ancienne Ecurie: is a one-bedroom 35 sqm apartment style accommodation with queen bed, living, dining, small kitchen and garden terrace. The apartment is furnished in a more modern style – simplicity and elegance. Wifi, TV, ipod stand and Nespresso coffee machine are provided. Ideal for couples favoring modern functionality.
All beds at LGAL are dressed with luxury quality linens and adorned with luxurious cashmere, silk, pashmina, and hand knitted fabrics.
A selection of pillows is available in all rooms for guests.
Bathroom amenities – bath towels, bathrobes, slippers, organic shower products, hair dryer, vanity mirror are available in all rooms.
Breakfast at LGAL is strictly a French local affair. We serve a selection of freshly baked pastries and bread from the local baker, home made jams and preserves from our orchard, locally made cheeses, eggs from our own organic chickens, coffee and tea. We believe in serving fresh, local delights for guests to start their day.
A short distance from LGAL, French culture, cuisine, wines, art, landscapes await to be discovered. Guests can choose a range of French experiences:
• rural village life and the local farmer markets;
• historical sites, cathedrals, castles, museums, galleries;
• hiking, biking, horse riding through the forest trails;
• golf at nearby courses;
• karting for children and family;
• fashion shopping at Val d’Europe;
• Disneyworld adventures for the children (40km);
• traditions and tastes of Champagne;
• Paris art, culture, haute couture, cuisine, attractions
For the active and adventurous:
• Hiking, running - through the marked trails traversing the surrounding areas. Guests can venture from the property through the surrounding forest trails and adjoining towns. Take a short stroll or design a full day trip exploring the trails.
• Biking / Mountain biking – tour the countryside on road or off road with bicycles, whether at your leisure or with a guide.
• Horse riding – a number of nearly clubs and haras offer options to see the towns and surrounding areas.
• Golf – golf courses can be found at Boutigny, Crecy-la-Chapelle, Domaine de Montpichet, Bussy-Guermantes, Marne La Vallée
• Karting – circuit at Vaudoy-en-Brie
• Race tracks: circuits at La Ferté Gaucher, Circuit Carole and Marcoussis
For something more cultural:
Nearby historical sites
• Le musé Pierre Macorlan in Saint Cyr Sur Morin ;
• Abbaye at Crécy-la-Chapelle ;
• Château de Vaux le Vicomte/Château de Fontainebleau, Blandy-les-Tours, Compiègne, Chantilly, Pierrefonds;
• Musée de la 2ème guerre mondiale, Musée des Pays de Brie
• Barbizon - birthplace of impressionism, Moret-sur-Loing ;
• Meaux, Cité Bossuet « l’Aigle de Meaux », la Cathédrale ;
• Provins, Reims - city for coronations of the Kings of France
The famous region of Champagne (10km away) offers tours of the historic underground cave cities. Linger in the vineyards tasting the authentic bubbling fruits of labor and enjoy the magnificence of the region.
Paris, the heart of French art and culture, is less than one hour by train or car.
For food and wine connoisseurs:
The area offers numerous choices of good quality restaurants and Michelin star options. We would be pleased to assist you with reservations at your favored dining choice.
For those wanting to discover the local culture and markets:
• Coulommiers : markets open on Thursday and Sunday
• La-Ferté-sous-Jouarre : markets open Tuesday and Friday
• A must visit stop is le marché campagnard de Marigny in Orxois each last Sunday of the month – a true country fair where you can find the best of locally grown and made products: cheese, garden vegetables, honey, meats, condiments, etc…
• Le Vallee Village at Val d’Europe is a large factory outlet for branded clothes 40km from LGAL
• Paris is a 50km drive from LGAL / 45 min direct train ride to Gare de l'Est
• Meaux is a 30km drive from LGAL with large shopping centers
Guests can reach LGAL directly by car. We can assist with local car rental hire and taxi/limousine/transport needs if required.
For guests arriving from the airport (CDG or Orly), private car rentals can be made directly at the airport.
LGAL is accessible by train on the SNCF lines. The station to alight or depart from is La Ferte Sous Jouarre – 10 mins drive from LGAL. Shuttle services between LGAL and the station can be arranged.
Directions and map of LGAL location can be found below. We are happy to advise you on the most convenient travel arrangements for your stay at LGAL.
From CDG airport (or Orly): 60km
• By train: take train into Paris Gare de l’Est and take direct train to La Ferte Sous Jouarre (on Chateau Thierry line). Total travel time around 65mins.
From Paris: 50km
• By car 50 min drive time
Directions: take A4 direction Marne la Vallee (30km); exit at La Ferte Sous Jouarre, continue straight (20km) through La Ferte sous Jouarre; exit on D407 and continue to LGAL (1km).
• By Train: 45 mins direct from Gare de l'Est (Paris) to La Ferte Sous Jouarre; 10mins drive to LGAL. Shuttle between LGAL and La Ferte Sous Jouarre station can be arranged.