The SpaceThe bedroom was remodeled in May 2015, and the bathroom & kitchen in June 2015. There's a pond just outside east of the house, to the rear (north) there is a small garden with lettuce, tomatoes, red and green peppers, jalapenos, watermelon, pumpkin, mint, stevia, and various other things. Less shopping for you (depending on the season), just only take what you're going to use.
I'm renting this room to recoup debts of renovation and allow me to further it later. It's not perfect... yet. But it will be, soon enough. I may be physically disabled, however I do my best to struggle against it and live with dignity. This includes remodeling and maintaining this residence to the best of my ability physically and financially. Please keep this in mind. This house isn't just an AirBnB rental - it's someone's loved home. Guest AccessYou'll have access to the bedroom, bathroom, and porch areas. Kitchen is available for those staying longer than a few days. Parking is off the rear alley and features a two-car parking spot. Please leave enough room for a second car. Interaction with GuestsI don't drive, but I can help with general knowledge of the area through your stay. I'll tend to stick to myself and am admittedly shy around strangers, but my room is right across the hall. Feel free to ask any questions either in person or via. messages on this website. The NeighborhoodSmall neighborhood with a couple of bars, family-owned restaurants & businesses. Of note, it's close to Monroeville and even Pittsburgh. Useful if a family member is in a nearby hospital, visiting family, or perhaps if you're seeking a job nearby. Getting AroundBus to/from Pittsburgh (Export stop):
westmorelandtransit (a dot goes here) com/pdfs/Route%202F-January%(PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN).pdf
I do, in all honesty, suggest renting a vehicle if you didn't come in your own. It's easier and the bus is severely limited. I'm not even sure of taxis in the area, but nearby they've been as much as $10/mile. Rent a car and save yourself costs and time. Other Things to Note- I tend to stay in my room often doing classwork and gaming or watching TV. I only leave it for the bathroom, to clean, to garden, and very occasionally to cook.
- I may have a friend over on weekends and occasionally in the week.
- I am definitely quiet from 11pm onward, except for the rare 11pm shower and -maybe- an occasional creaking as I use the stairs.
- While I have cats and do my best to maintain quiet, sometimes they may start to be quite noisey. Please note that in these situations I will do my best to quiet them and alleviate the issue.
- There is an issue with the paint cracking on the floor of the bath tub. It isn't "dirty" and I will fix it soon.
- There are still no baseboards just yet and a definite need for new flooring, which I will install when finances allow. Note there may be paint spots or construction epoxy on the floor. This is -not- dirt. The floors are mopped and/or swept often.