The SpaceIt's that time to book a little r&r, see someplace new, escape to the ocean, reconnect, we get it — that's why we're here! Please let us know how we can make your stay that much more special and enjoyable. We'll be respectful of your privacy but know you're always welcome to join us for a glass of wine!
Why stay here? ::
- We're pretty awesome people (or so we've been told).
- & so is Plum Island! (Salisbury, Cranes and Boston/Maine beaches are overrated, over crowded and overpriced!)
- If you're not from around here you should know we're on the northern ocean side of the island that has the most amount of beach and the least amount of people :)
- We will grind up coffee beans and make you a fresh cup of ioe in the morning if we're around.
- Just let us know what you like to do and we'll do our best to steer you in the right direction. (What's better than a local guide?)
- We have lots of fun and helpful goodies you can use on the island including a kayak, yoga mat, beach chairs/towels, bikes, etc...
- We're very flexible with check in and check out time!
We thought it may be helpful for you to get an idea of how the house is laid out so here you go! ::
1st FLOOR —
- outdoor deck with coffee table
- indoor living room with a large flatscreen tv
- cozy guest room with a queen size bed
- clean comfy white sheets with a light down comforter
- information about the area, map & wifi connection
- closet and coat rack to hang your things
- washer and dryer if you need it
(the first floor is also the main entrance)
2nd FLOOR —
- full bathroom
- our bedroom and office space
3rd FLOOR —
- dining table
- living room
- 1/2 bath
- wrap around deck with patio furniture with views of the ocean, sand dunes and boats coming to and from the harbor Guest Access- 2 mountain bikes to explore the island & parks
- 2 beach chairs & towels available
- 1 Old Town Dirigo fishing kayak and paddle to explore the basin side of the island (the water is much calmer)
- 1 yoga mat for you to use on the deck or beach
- lots of books and DVDs are available too
- one free parking spot available
(Note it you decide to stay off the island and visit the beach, parking is very limited and gets up to $20 in the summer no matter how long you're staying at the beach.) Interaction with GuestsWe'll be respectful of your privacy but know you're always welcome to join us for a glass of wine! The NeighborhoodOur neighborhood is very safe and lively in the summer. The location is perfect because there are no public parking lots by us so the beach is never crowded! (Guests are welcome to bring their own canoes, kayaks, bikes, fishing gear, food/drink etc...)
Downtown Newburyport is 4 miles away and there's SO much to do — history, arts, antiques, restaurants, nature, a variety of quaint shops and boutique stores. Plus you can rent paddle boards, go bird watching, visit NBPT brewery, enjoy a sunset catamaran cruise . . . the list goes on.
Plum Island is very casual. There are a handful of good restaurants and bars close by that you could bike to like;
THE PLUM ISLAND GRILL for drinks on the deck during sunset or a nice romantic dinner (Ceia, Brine, Mission Oak & Andiamos also have a great atmosphere for a nice night out in Newburyport. Phat Cat Bistro, Crave and No.8 are also wonderful but they're a bit further out of down in Amesbury.
PIZZA: Take a look at Otto, Oregano or Anchor in NBPT
COFFEE: Plum Island Coffee Roasters and Atomic Cafe
CASUAL LOCAL BARS: Beach Coma, Thirsty Whale & The Grog
EXOTIC: Brown Sugar by the Sea & The Jewel in the Crown
HANG OVER FOOD: Lexies on State & Michaels Harborside
SANDWICHES: Bucciarelli's, Joppa Fine Foods & Port City Sandwich CO.
BREAKFAST: MAD MARTHAS but they also make a phenomenal dinner on Thursday nights only (Just $25 per person for a 3 course meal and you can bring your own wine/beer!) We'd be happy to make reservations for you.
MEXICAN: Agave or METZYs TACO TRUCK at the Plum Island Airport (BEST tacos in town... worth the wait and plane rides are available too!)
There are many events to be had this summer
2015 Events which are in the process of being organized for 2015. Some of the past events include:
Art on Bartlet Mall
Lighted Boat Parade
Wine Tasting Getting AroundSwim, walk, bike, paddle or ride! Other Things to Note- Being 3 stories we have lots of stairs!
- Newburyport water is not the best so we have a water cooler upstairs
- No smoking or pets please
- 21 & over only (our place is not child proof!)
- 2 guests max
The pup :: Our dog is extremely friendly and will greet you at the door, he won't jump but he'll bark because he's excited to meet you. He likes long walks on the beach, being fussed over and tennis balls. He may bring over a toy for you to throw but he's smart and well mannered so if you do not want him around just put your hand out and say 'done' and he will leave you alone.
The kitty :: Our cat is like a dog, he's very friendly and curious and may also greet you at the door. He spends most of him time on the 3rd floor and wanders on the deck on occasion. We let him outdoors sometimes in the summer but only when we're home so please don't let him out. Thank you!