The SpaceDiscover the tranquility and beauty of the Colombian countryside only two hours from the city.
Hostal La Finca is a traditional Colombian country house which offers something for everyone, whether you are a local, family, couple or backpacker.
Situated in the evergreen Andes overlooking seven mountain ranges, Hostal La Finca is surrounded by lush nature, fresh waterfall and creeks, neighbouring farms and plantations.
La Finca has five comfortable bedrooms, including private rooms and dorms to suit the needs of each individual guest.
Whether you want to relax at the hostel or be active, the hostel can offer a personalised experience for each guest.
The finca offers guests a traditional experience, whilst offering modern comforts such as a pick up and drop off service, free wifi, hot showers, free drinking water, free parking and, last but not least, it is pet-friendly. Not only does the finca offer modern comforts, it addresses modern issues by being ecologically sustainable and socially responsible, providing an example of what conscious, green tourism can look like.
The finca is run by a Colombian / Germany family with travelling in its blood. We know how to cater to each guest, offering an experience which is truly off the beaten track whilst only being a single bus away from Medellin. We look forward to welcoming you for a lasting and memorable experience.
Guest Access- Pick up and drop off service
- Free wifi
- Hot showers
- Free drinking water
- Free parking
- Enjoy the sun and take a dip in the large
- Relax in the hammocks whilst reading one
of the library’s books
- Enjoy the views from the treehouse
- Cook up a meal with fresh ingredients from
the organic garden in the fully equipped
kitchen or the barbecue area
- Play with the dog, cat, turtles and chickens
- Explore the local countryside by foot, on
one of the finca’s mountain bikes or even on
- Play in the children's playground
- Camp and make a bonfire in the finca's
- Visit local colonial towns, e.g. Santa Fe de
- Be part of the community by visiting and
volunteering at local schools
- Take a tour through a family-run coffee farm
- Rent the entire finca for a finca-fiesta
- Take part in the yoga and meditation classes
- Visit the local waterpark, one of Colombia's
- Spend an evening watching one of the
hostel’s DVDs or playing one of our board
games Interaction with GuestsAs La Finca usually functions as a hostel, we are almost always on site and take care of the guests needs and wishes. If a group rents the whole place we let them enjoy the place in privacy. The NeighborhoodSituated in the evergreen Andes overlooking seven mountain ranges, Hostal La Finca is surrounded by lush nature, fresh waterfall and creeks, neighbouring farms and plantations.
Getting AroundFrom the AIRPORT, outside the arrival area, take either:
- a combus for 8.000 COP/person, will drop you off in the city center or a place called “San Diego”, take a taxi to the “Terminal del Norte”.
(Don´t take a bus that drops you off in the city center after dark. Ask the bus driver if he goes to “San Diego”.)
- a taxi for 60.000 COP/taxi. Tell the taxi driver to go to the “Terminal del Norte”
- collectivo/shared taxi for 15.000 COP/pers. Will drop you of at “San Diego”, take a taxi to the “Terminal del Norte”.
All of the above take about 1 hr. into town and then depending on the traffic about 20 min to the terminal del norte.
From the “TERMINAL DEL NORTE”, northern bus terminal:
- take a bus to SAN JERONIMÓ, lower floor, companies are called “Gomez Hernandez” and “Sotrauraba”, they cost (depending on the type of bus) between (PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN) COP, takes about 1 hr
If you´re arriving from the south of Colombia, you´ll arrive at the “Terminal del Sur” - southern bus terminal and need to get to the northern bus terminal.
If you´re arriving at the airport or the northern bus terminal, ignore the next part and read on from the last part about San Jerónimo.
- take a bus or taxi to the “TERMINAL DEL NORTE”, both are outside the terminal, follow the signs with the buses or taxis and ask for the “terminal del norte”.
From San Jerónimo
Ask the bus driver to let you out at the big “éxito” supermarket or ask if he goes all the way to the city center - there are more stores to get your shopping done before you come to the finca and you´ll get a feeling of the town, the locals and maybe an ice cream or beer… :)
Call us before you leave the terminal (if you don´t have a cell phone call from a person with a public cell phone (they have signs saying “minutos”)) and we´ll be there in time to pick you up or arrange transportation for you.
Other Things to NoteBesides your normal clothes, it´s good to bring the following:
- Warm clothes for the night, sweater and long pants is enough.
- Bathing suit / shorts
- Runners or sneakers for walks (or hiking boots) and flip flops
- Maybe rain protection (jacket/umbrella)
- Sunscreen and mosquito spray
- Pls. be aware that the next store is in 15 min walking distance and only has basics (rice, beans, flour, milk, beer, rum, sodas, sugar, eggs, etc. …).
- Bigger supermarkets are in San Jerónimo, which is 8 km away, 30 min by motorbike, tuktuk or car and 2 hrs to walk.
- There is a delivery service that can bring you items from the stores in town for a fee.