The SpaceLuxury, style and all the amenities at your finger tips. From marble floors to infinity pool overlooking at the majestic mountain on San Ramon, this home has to be seen to truly appreciate its splendor and beauty.
Here are some other features: roofed parking for 2 vehicles, stunning gardens, fully gated and secure, terrace with Breakfast Area, magnificent living room & dining room, large Social Area for hosting parties, and more.
Appliances Refrigerator, Microwave, Instant Water Heater, Coffee Maker, washing machine, etc.
Only 15 minutes from San Ramon center and one hour from San José. Guest AccessThe house is completely private.
When you reserve, I send you a pdf with a Touristic and cultural information of San Ramón. Interaction with GuestsFrancisco and Ana are responsible for maintaining the property, they support me with cleanliness, security and property management. I am always available by phone or online. The weekends I have more flexibility to respond personally. They don't speak English.
The router is near the TV cabinet, for use press the "ON" button. when not in use, please turn it off. The NeighborhoodThe Neighborhood "San Ramón, Alajuela"
Huetar indigenous communities, led by Coyoche Garabito, inhabited the region during the pre-Columbian era. Today it is a vast region with many natural and touristic resources and its regional head is the most important city in western Costa Rica. It is called the “City of Poets” due to the many outstanding poets, sculptors, politicians and teachers in in Costa Rican history that were born in the city. San Ramón is located in a strategic and privileged geographic position. It is located just 59 km away from San José, the country’s capital; a short distance from the Juan Santamaría International Airport; it also lies close to La Fortuna de San Carlos, one of the tourism epicenters in the country; and borders with the Province of Puntarenas, a very popular destination. The canton oers tourism services such as lodging, local cuisine, adventure trails, themed exhibitions and recreational activities. There are ample hotels, restaurants, bars, natural trails, canopy tours and souvenir shops to choose from. Many of the old traditions and customs are still active, a reection of the cultural richness of the region. We cannot forget the natural beauty and amazing landscapes derived from the various microclimates and rich biological diversity, protected wildlife areas and areas of high altitude.
(Moya, M. 2013)
San Ramón Central Quadrant
The central district of San Ramón is characterized by cultural, historical and religious attractions; including the Regional Museum, the José Figueres Ferrer Cultural and Historic Centre, the Alberto Manuel Brenes Park (the Municipal Park), the Parish Church, the Farmer’s Festival, the Municipal Market, and the
National Oxherder Monument.
This is where traditions like “Maria’s Melcochas” and various cultural and religious celebrations like the Patron Saint Festivities, Oxherders’
Parade and the Entry of the Saints’ Images take place. Getting AroundTo get to the house is possible with car or public transport. Much better if you come by car.
What to do?
Michael Moya’s investigation (2013) focused on the identication of the cantons attractive features, di-erent tourism services and the interrelation of these elements in conforming a more organized and striking product for the tourist through the following touristic routes:
1.Ecological Aventure Route
2.La Paz Cloud Forest Route
3.Zapotal Agritourism Route
4.Peñas Blancas Agritourism Route
5.Bird Watching Route
1. Ecological Adventure Route
Located between the Alfaro and Ángeles Districs, it crosses and ample section of the canton.
• The route includes a view of numerous natural atractions like waterfalls, rivers, nature paths, cloud forests and buttery gardens.
• During the route, there are several activities of moderate to high-level demand like trekking, rappelling, rafting and horseback riding, always in a natural environment and in full contact with nature.
• The most prominent amenities are those related to adventure, however there are several lodging and food service options.
Most of this route is set along Route 702 that joins San Ramón with La Fortuna de San Carlos, which is in good conditions.
To move from one point to another there is no need for a 4x4 vehicle since the road is paved and only the El Silencio road that leads to Villa Blanca presents regular conditions, still the 7 kilometers are paved and do not limit access.
This route is for the adventurous tourist that likes to be in open spaces in direct contact with nature.
Specially designed for those in search of activities that require a high degree of physical e-ort and generate adrenaline, complimenting their tour with more relaxing ecological activities.
The visitor must be in good physical condition, especially when performing intensive physical activities like rappelling and rafting.
2. La Paz Cloud Forest Route
Piedades Norte de San Ramón District, between the towns of La Paz and Bajo La Paz
• Majestic cloud forests.
• Rural ambience with local customs and traditions.
• Visits to nature trails, waterfalls, bird watching, butterfly gardens, trapiches, local cuisine, trout shing, nature viewpoints, forests and diverse interactions.
• Diversity of flora and fauna, highlighted by the quetzal (Pharomachrus mocinno), a bird of great beauty that can be found between January and July.
• 489 species of birds (endemic, emblematic and rare), great diversity of insects, mammals, butter-ies, amphibians, and reptiles.
There are excellent access conditions and a paved road up to the town of Bajo La Paz. After this small town, there is a dirt road in acceptable conditions. The roads are apt for all vehicles, including small buses, however 4x4 vehicles are recommended to avoid any dificulties, especially during rainy season.
• Interest in learning about aspects related to the flora and fauna of the cloud forest.
• Aware about the importance of protecting natural spaces.
• Interest in knowing, living and learning about different local, cultural elements.
• Respect for the local way of life.
• Interest in learning about the diversity of birds in the cloud forest.
• Interest in adding new species to their bird-watching checklist.
3. Zapotal Agrotourism Route
Eastern sector of the San Ramón Canton, in the cantons of San Ramón de Alajuela and Miramar de Puntarenas. The route is located in the buer zone of the Alberto Manuel Brenes Biological Reserve.
• Great diversity of flora and fauna species, presence of a variety of birds, some of them emblematic like the Quetzal (Pharomachrus mocinno) in February and May, and the Pájaro Campana (Procnias tricarunculatus).
• A beautiful rural and natural landscape full of tranquility.
• Hiking trails in the forest allow direct contact with nature.
• A rare atractions is the aquatic trail that allows visitors to enjoy a ride on a small boat rowing along quiet waters immersed in the forest.
• Abundant water sources, like the Azufre (Sulphur) River, name given to the Hediondo (Smelly) River by locals because of its strong Sulphur smell that, according to popular folklore, gives it curative properties.
• You can find a beautiful waterfall, several meters high, along this river.
• Activities such as milking cows, observing sugar cane processing in a trapiche and organic agriculture are typical of the area and allow the visitor to learn about its cultural heritage.
It is dificult to get there because there is no public transportation and several stretches of the road are in bad conditions. There are several options for getting there from San Ramón:
1) from the community of Quebradillas de Piedades Sur;
2) from the community of La Paz, in the Piedades Norte District (a 22 km drive that requires a 4x4 vehicle);
3) driving 29 km from Miramar, the roads are in better conditions and allow for all types of vehicles.
4. Peñas Blancas Agricultural Route
Situated in the Peñas Blancas district, including the communities of San Isidro, Chachagua, Jauurí, Abanico and El Castillo. Some of the access routes are located in the San Carlos Canton, specically the La Fortuna District.
• It encompasses the district located farthest away from San Ramón, Peñas Blancas, located in the North of the canton.
• Natural and cultural attractions.
• Well known features such as the Arenal Volcano.
• Rescues and gives value to the way of life the campesino (farmers) as a main theme.
• Highlights agricultural production of different plant species in the region that are produced organically and sustainably in parcels, botanical gardens or in medicinal plant orchards.
• Shows the everyday life of the Costa Rican campesino (farmer) and his diverscustoms and traditions as part of a legacy.
The access routes are in good conditions, most of them can be travelled without need of a 4x4 vehicle since most roads are paved. Few stretches require 4x4 vehicles for added comfort.
5. Birdwatching Route
The route is distributed among the Alfaro, Piedades Norte and Ángeles districts, most of the birdwatching sites are located in the last two districts.
This route straddles several birdwatching sites in the San Ramón Canton that, according to research and technical criteria, show excellent observation spots for birds.
The route comprises cloud forests, open and semi open areas of intermediate elevation, forests with drier conditions, places with varying altitudes and topographies where you can nd species from both the Caribbean and Pacic coasts.
The route o-ers several lodging and local cuisine options.
For those interested in the avifauna of the region and that have general knowledge about bird species, songs and natural history, among others.
Their interest gyrates around nature, but may include a space dedicated to local culture, but their main motivation is birdwatching.
Some stretches of the route are have regular conditions, mainly in La Paz, Bajo La Paz and Calle El Silencio in Ángeles Norte, however access is not limited to those places.
Considering that the route was designed for a specic kind of tourist, the main attraction is the avifauna of the region, which represents more than 50% of the country’s species.
All the routes are in a circle with 22,5 km radius. Other Things to NoteFree portable WIFI