The SpaceIn this sweet adobe home, every effort has been made to assure you of a comfortable and memorable stay, starting with a "welcome" bottle of New Mexico wine. We've decorated our casita with local art and furniture, and hope that it will feel like your own cheerful home in Santa Fe.
*Please read our description & list of amenities carefully, and let us know if you have any questions.*
Traditional in style, the casita features extra high viga (beam) ceilings, 2 kiva fireplaces, brick floors throughout, and Mexican tile in the bathrooms and kitchen.
Skylights (4) allow for ample natural light in both bathrooms, the living room, and the main hallway.
* We are pleased to offer a non-smoking environment.
* Pets (1) considered on a case-by-case basis. Please inquire.
* 2 bedrooms sleep 4 people, with a queen bed in one room and a king bed in the other. Each is made up with a down comforter. (Non-down/hypo-allergenic comforters available upon request.) New ceiling fans in both bedrooms.
* There is also a sofa in the living room that folds out into a full-size bed, accommodating 1-2 more people. (NOTE: Foldout bed comes with an air pump to adjust firmness, and we also provide a memory foam topper for extra comfort. Instructions can be found on-site.)
(Please note that the queen bed is somewhat high off the floor for some elderly or very young guests.)
* The kitchen is fully equipped (microwave, coffee machine, coffee grinder, toaster, dishes, utensils, bowls, baking dishes, etc.), and is stocked with spices, teas, and other convenience items.
* A separate dining room seats 6.
* There are 2 televisions: a flat screen in the living room and a second (not so flat) in the queen bedroom. Both have cable and either a Bluray or DVD player, and a number of movies are provided.
* The house is equipped with wifi. Instructions are provided on-site.
* There is a small stereo with a CD player and radio, as well as an iPod speaker dock for your use.
* There are two bathrooms, one in the master bedroom with a shower and one in the main hallway with a tub. Bathroom amenities include hairdryers, a curling iron, and assorted travel-sized toiletries in case you forget anything.
* Closets in each bedroom and the main hallway, with lots of wood hangers. An iron/ironing board is provided.
* Linens and towels are provided. You will also find 2 cozy terrycloth robes in each closet for your use.
* The home features a large back patio with a table/umbrella/4 chairs and gas grill, and a smaller front patio with a bistro table for 2.
* Firewood is provided in the winter months.
* Casa Sonrisa is a one-level home, making it a comfortable option for those who prefer no stairs.
* The house is one of 3 units in the "Tres Casitas," a small & private grouping of traditional adobe homes. (Our unit shares a wall with just 1 other, the 3rd unit is free-standing.) Guest AccessGuests have access to the full house, off-street parking (1 space), both patios, and gas grill.
Guests are free to use anything in the kitchens and bathrooms. (Note: There is a small cabinet in the kitchen marked for the owners' private goodies.) Interaction with GuestsYou'll be interacting with me when you reserve or inquire. Once at the casita, guests have complete privacy -- relax and enjoy!
Contact information is provided on-site for our caretaker, in case of questions or emergencies. Please don't hesitate to contact us! The NeighborhoodThe Guadalupe/Railyard neighborhood is thriving, with lots of shops, restaurants, galleries, and a great farmer's market within walking distance. We fell in love with this part of town 11 years ago, and it just continues to evolve and become more interesting.
A few favorites nearby...
*New!* The New Violet Crown Cinema has recently been completed in the railyard, featuring first-run movies, gourmet food and bar. Just a short walk!
* The Cowgirl (319 S Guadalupe St, approx 5 minute walk): Great for margaritas, live music, BBQ and local fare.
* Andiamo(322 Garfield St, approx 5 minute walk): Italian food, a local fave.
* Raaga (544 Agua Fria St, just steps away!): Mouth-watering Indian food.
* Second Street Brewery (at the Railyard, approx 5 minute walk): Local beer, live music, and a varied, casual menu.
* Cupcake (328 Montezuma Ave, 5-minute walk): Women's boutique. Hip clothing and accessories
* Doubletake/Encore (321 S. Guadalupe St, 5-minute walk): Resale/retail. A mind-boggling selection of western wear, furniture, boots and jewelry (Doubletake) paired with upscale designer consignment and vintage clothing (Encore) makes for a truly unique shopping experience!
* On Your Feet (Sanbusco Center, entrance just 1/2 block down & across the street): Amazing & diverse selection of footwear, geared toward comfort.
* REI (at the Railyard, approx 5 minute walk): Local outpost of the national outdoor chain.
There are many more shops, restaurants and cafes in and around the Sanbusco Center, Railyard and Guadalupe Street, including local boutiques and also national chains (World Market, Peruvian Connection, etc.).
More ideas and information for local shopping, restaurants, and tourism state-wide can be found in a binder at the house. Getting AroundCasa Sonrisa is located just a block or two away from highly rated dining and unique shops, as well as the new Railrunner train station, providing service to Albuquerque and other points south. It is also a quick walk from Santa Fe's famous plaza--less than 10 minutes by foot. Whole Foods, Wild Oats, and Trader Joe's grocery stores are all within five minutes by car, and the Santa Fe Farmer's Market at the Railyard is just a short stroll away.
**There is off-street parking in front of the house for 1 vehicle.** (Note: The parking area is shared with the 2 other units in our compound, so please leave room for others to park.) Other Things to NoteOur property has been agency-managed for the past 10 years, but we're now handling our own rentals (as of late summer 2014). So while this listing in new to Airbnb, this isn't our first time at the rodeo!
Casa Sonrisa is our family's home when we're in town, but primarily a vacation rental property for most of the year. We are fully licensed and legit. (Permit number available upon request)