Have the ultimate retreat to wild and wonderful West Virginia by staying at this quaint Glen Jean vacation rental home, ideally located in a secluded, rural setting close to the New River Gorge Bridge, Beckley, and many other notable local attractions!
This delightful house was originally built in the mid 1930’s as a Coal Miner Company Home, nestled on 2 private acres of lush green grass and rolling hills. With 2 bedrooms, 1 bathroom, and enough sleeping arrangements for 5 guests throughout 850 square feet of nicely appointed living space, this charming dwelling is an ideal lodging choice for families, friends or couples seeking an authentic glimpse of West Virginia mountain life. You’ll find the interior of this historic residence totally remodeled and insulated with central air conditioning and heat, as well as recently updated with all the essential conveniences of modern day living such as a fully equipped kitchen, in-unit laundry machines, complimentary wireless internet access and a flat screen TV in the living room, complete with Roku and internet connectivity for your entertainment needs.
Your favorite relaxing spot will quickly become the home’s fantastic new rear deck, which backs up to stunning views of mountain wooded green belt with a small babbling stream and slow-moving train track. The front of the property sits just ⅛ of a mile from Highway 19, where you’ll find a convenience store with fuel and Subway restaurant. Even though this property is far from completely isolated, you’ll still feel far from the hustle and bustle of the big city, as there’s no development within sight from the back of the home.
When you’re ready to get out and explore the area, you certainly won’t have to venture far! This terrific house is conveniently only 8 miles away from exceptional white water rafting opportunities and the New River Gorge Bridge in Fayetteville - stop by for Bridge Day in October, when skydivers parachute off the bridge! Just 2 miles from the home is the Boy Scout Camp of America, while exhibition coal mines and many pristine State and Federal Parks can also be found nearby.
The larger city of Beckley, West Virginia is located only 9 miles from the property, offering an array of theaters, bars, restaurants and shopping - be sure to spend an afternoon touring through Beckley’s famed Tamarack cultural center for a vibrant showcase of local artisan retailers, Appalachian arts and crafts, and perhaps even a taste of the featured delectable gourmet fare from West Virginia’s own spectacular Greenbrier Resort, which is situated about an hour away.
If you’re here during the winter months, this property is perfectly located just 24 miles from Winterplace Ski Resort in Ghent, West Virginia. Regardless of what season you plan to visit and no matter how you choose to spend your time during your stay, you’ll be happy you chose this enjoyable Glen Jean vacation rental house as your home base for exploring West Virginia!
Key Residence Features:
- Amenities include a fully equipped kitchen, new private deck, wireless internet access, 1 flat screen TV with Roku, central air conditioning and heat, charcoal grill, in-unit washer/dryer, and more
- Outstanding location! Nestled on 2 private acres just ⅛ mile from Highway 19 with picturesque, secluded views of mountain wooded green belt in the rear
- Close proximity to the New River Gorge Bridge, white water rafting, Winterplace Ski Resort, city of Beckley, Boy Scout Camp of America, Exhibition Coal Mines, many State and Federal Parks, and other attractions!
- Master Bedroom: Queen-sized Bed
- Bedroom 2: Twin-over-Full-sized Bunk Beds
- An Air Mattress in the Closet can accommodate 1 extra guest if needed
- No smoking
- Pet friendly with fee (maximum 2 pets allowed)
- Must be at least 21 years old to book
- Additional fees and taxes may apply