The SpaceThe Moinho do Marco is placed at the Arrábida Natural Park in Setúbal, Portugal.
Come and enjoy the stunning views from Setúbal city, the Sado Estuary National Reserve, the Troia Peninsula and the Southern area of the Serra da Arrábida
The Moinho do Marco is a familiar property that has been kept respecting its original structure in massif wood and local stone to maintain the authenticity of its more of 150 years.
The mill Moinho do Marco, with a maximum capacity for 2 - 3 people, but it is intended for couples.
Who can resist to the enchantment of lying down under the gears of a mill of 1855? Recently restored keeping its original features in stone and wood, it is intended for stays in couple for nature lovers, for all who need to disconnect, silence, tranquility, wind...
The occupants of the mill have at a short distance and into exclusive, access to a barbecue with veranda. The barbecue is equipped with a worktop and a sink in marble as well as a coal barbecue where you can prepare the typical roasted fish (or other). All these, while you enjoy the stunning sights, sitting around a stone used long ago in the grinding work of the mill .
Appliances: vitroceramic cooktop, music (USB, MP3, CD, radio), A/C heat pump, microwave oven with grill, kettle, toaster, Nespresso coffee machine, fridge with small freezer.
Bathroom dug in the rock with natural light. The natural light is got through fanlights open in the ceiling. You have at your disposal a large shower in semi-circular shape as well an air-dryer and a towel-heater.
In our prices it is included:
- Household linen in first quality 100% cotton (sheets, bath towels, bath robes, dish clothes)
- Weekly cleaning and household linen change.
- Air conditioning/heat pump.
- Free Wi-fi into the accommodation.
- Free parking inside the property.
- Final cleaning.
- Laundry room available (extra price)
- Exterior swimming pool.
When the dawn comes, it is simply fantastic to lean under the starry sky in which we can see clearly the constellations. Summer nights even offer us the meteor shower. Guest AccessGPS (PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN)
GPS N (PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN)" W -8º 54' 54.8"
•From the Airport of Lisbon - Portela go towards El Algarve for the highway A12-SUL, to cross the Vasco de Gama Bridge. Follow the A12 up to Setúbal's exit (35 km approx.).
• In Setúbal city, PLEASE do NOT trust your GPS, follow these indications, as the GPS may drive you through out-of-use paths into the Natural Park. If you feel more confident using it, you can write the "Rua Marquês da Costa"
• Once in Setúbal, follow the panels FERRYBOATS until you get to the Avenida Luisa Tody (you would drive paralel to the coast)
• Almost at the end of the Avenida Luisa Tody, we will see on our right a pannel indicating FORTALEZA DE S.FILIPE, (it is a fortress) we will follow it towards the "Rua Marqués da Costa", a few meters away we find another pannel indicating FORTALEZA DE S.FILIPE towards the left, and we will follow it getting into the Rua de Sao Filipe.
• Continue uphill by the Rua de Sao Filipe, that becomes the Estrada do Forte de Sao Filipe, until we get to the fork in front of the FORTALEZA's main entrance. There we will find the first Moinho do Marco pannel, indicating towards the blacktop road on the right. Follow that road. You will find another pannel when it is necessary to turn, otherwise keep going.
When the blacktop road ends, you will see on your left handside the Moinho do Forte, then you may turn right following the portuguese stone road.
The Moinho do Marco is the last door at that dead-end road, after the green gate. Ring the bell! Interaction with GuestsWe offer a maximum-respect policy. After the first day tour around the Moinho do Marco, we show where our house is. We live in a separate house in the same enviroment, but we do not interfere at all in our guests' privacy. The NeighborhoodThe Moinho do Marco is placed in the Arrábida Natural Park. Peace, tranquility and calm is the basis of the area. We are surronded by sun, pure air, bird singing, local vegetation, wind, blue sky.. . it is the happiness of living in nature. There are many trails starting at the main door of the Moinho do Marco.
We can get to the old part of Setúbal city in 5 minutes by car or 20 minutes walking, and there we will find restaurants, snack bars, beaches, go shopping, visiting the market...
Getting AroundThere are no public transportation around the Moinho do Marco, excepting the taxis (excellent service, Mercedes cars, not expensive). Our guests usually hire a car. We can provide also bycicle rental services. Other Things to NoteMinimum stay: 2 nights.
Week-ends: Friday and Saturday night.