The SpaceThe House
- Ideal for families
- 4 bedrooms, 3 Full baths, sleeps up to 8 - can accommodate larger groups but only with children and having obtained prior approval
- Fully stocked chef's kitchen
- Living room, with fireplace
- Separate Den / Living room with TV
- Sun room, dining area
The Lake front
- Step out the main floor to an outdoor Deck overlooking the lake
- Steps from a gorgeous lake front with a cedar dock, for fishing, launching boats, or simply lounging
- Enjoy use of our Row boat, Canoe, and Kayak (Life jackets mandatory - required by law; remove boats from lake before departure)
- 4 Bicycles available for guest use
- Premium Charcoal grill with propane starter (Weber Performer)
- Weber Smokey Mountain smoker (please use only if you know how to operate and clean after use)
- Massage chair in living room
- Watch hummingbirds and chickadees come to feed on our bird feeders
- BluRay / DVD player and TV, with NetFlix
- Bluetooth speaker for streaming your favorite tunes
- High speed internet, with Wi-Fi Guest Access** Stay within property lines and avoid using neighbor's driveways
Guests are welcome to use the entire property, lake, outdoor deck, and private lakeside dock. Please stay within property lines.
The lake can be used for swimming, boating, and fishing (license required).
A Rowboat, Canoe, and Kayak is available for guests to use. We only ask that boats be properly stowed away and turned upside down prior to departure. Interaction with GuestsPlease call or message me via AirBnB SMS with any questions! The Neighborhood- Located near historical Milford, featured in Travel & Leisure, in the Delaware Highlands within the Pocono mountains
- Low key getaway, for families, retirees, outdoor adventurers, or any combination of the above!
- Swim, Boat, Fish, or just lounge on the lake
- Fish for Largemouth bass, Pickerel, or Sunnies on our private lake (license required)
- In historic Milford, there are a plethora of dining options, antique shops, supermarkets, post office, and a very nicely stocked liquor store with reasonable prices for wine
- Supermarkets: KeyFood in Milford; Frette's Italian Market in Milford; Walmart in Matamoras. As you may not want to leave the 'Lakefront Beauty' once you arrive, it is advisable to complete your supermarket shopping before you arrive.
- Hiking: Raymondskill falls, Childs park, Deleware Water Gap, many more options
- Golfing: Woodloch - very nice course, and good value private lessons
- Spa: Woodlock Pines, La Fauchere
- Horseback Riding: Malibu Dude ranch
- Whitewater rafting or tubing on the Delaware Water Gap, or Lackawaxen River
See Guidebook for my personal recommendations! Getting Around- within 2 hours of New York City by car
- Bus available from Manhattan to Milford, PA; then 15-20 min taxi to house Other Things to Note** No Parties / Loud noise. The lake community is quiet and very low key. Respect our neighbor's right for quiet and privacy. Parties are strictly forbidden.
** Stay within property lines and avoid using neighbor's driveways.
- Strict no shoe policy indoors - help keep the house and carpets clean
- Close entrance doors promptly when entering and exiting - Keep bugs and critters out!
- Trash bins must be securely closed with bungee cords, and bagged to minimize odors. Bears and raccoons may create a mess and hazards to yourself & neighbors.
- Trash bins should be left near the road for pickup, and securely closed with bungee cords
- Septic tank and Well water in use - only flush things that 'should' go down the drain
- Sinks: no grease, coffee grounds, solids
-Toilets: no floss, plastics, feminine products
- Swim at your own risk. There is no lifeguard on duty!
- Life jackets must be used when entering water
As we are in the woods next to a lake, we share the space with wildlife and insects, some of which are delightful (deer, birds, frogs, grasshoppers, dragonflies), and some are a nuisance (mosquitoes, which are fortunately kept in check by the many birds in the area)