The SpaceYour Siesta Key Beach Artist Hideaway's bedroom, features an extremely comfortable queen bed, micro stereo system with remote, full dresser and bedside stands. Here you'll find books on a wide range of subjects, charming Tramp Art lamps and theatre memorabilia.
In the large closet, you'll find 2 luggage racks, plenty of hanging storage, 2 beach chairs, an ice chest on wheels as well as a beach bag, beach umbrella and beach towels.
The guest bathroom is across the hall from your room. It features a full bath with shower and a large and full length mirror. A hair dryer, guest soaps, shampoo & conditioner is provided for guests, as well as other toiletries upon request. This bathroom may be shared with our Getaway guests, http://www.airbnb.com/rooms/2659649 only if both rooms are occupied.
* Each guest receives a flying Chinese Sky lantern and a bottle of Champagne or Martinelli's Sparking Cider (your choice). You may want to take your bubbly to the beach and make a wish when you launch your lanterns.
*Continental breakfast includes bagels and cream cheese, lox, assorted gourmet jellies, yoghurt, fresh fruit, granola, biscotti, almond milk and always fresh coffee or tea. Guest Access* Guests share the front porch swing, kitchen, living room with Roku TV and Netflix, Whimsical Gallery space with table and internet access as well as a privacy-fenced, screened 'Outback' deck area.
* This private, shady retreat features a Hot Springs spa, lounge chairs, a propane barbecue grill and table seating for 6 - perfect for al fresco dining and jacuzzi-ing after a hard day at the beach or night in the Village.
* Guests have their own antique Hoover cabinet in the kitchen, stocked with dish ware and flatware, as well as snacks. You're welcome to cook and dine in our kitchen, or use the barbecue.
* Beach chairs, beach towels and beach umbrella as well as a hair dryer, jacuzzi robe, shampoo & conditioner are provided for our guests' use. Interaction with GuestsJust off our kitchen in another wing of our home are our studios - Drew's Painting and Kim's Voice Over. That's where we work, unless Kim is on stage or in a film production. We'll be happy to help you get the most out of your stay. And we're here to answer your questions, recommend outings, activities or restaurants. We're there if you need us. The NeighborhoodOur Grand Canal neighborhood is quiet and friendly. You'll see folks out walking their dogs, jogging, biking and even a Segway or electric car or two. You may even spot a manatee in the canal, wild parrots, ground owls, ospreys or even a bald eagle in the Norfolk Pines and palms - our Siesta Key is a bird sanctuary. Getting AroundThe Beach and Siesta Key Village are both a five minute walk from the house. Free Rides (open-air electric, pedal & gasoline-powered), county bus lines, Segways and bike, kayak, jet ski and sailboarding rentals are all available, right in the Village. If coming by car, you'll park in our driveway. If you're not planning on renting a car, feel free to talk to us about picking you up or taking you to the Airport. Other Things to Note* If you're an artist, Drew may invite you to use his studio or talk to him about supplies for Plein Aire painting at the beach.
* Kim may be teaching a private Acting for the Camera Class in the Whimsical Gallery / Insert Studio one evening while you are here. Ask her about sitting in on class or having a private Voice Over lesson in her studio.
* Our house is shared with 3 friendly cats: Lola, a Singapura; Rusty, a flame point Himalayan and Cosmo, a Rag Doll. If you prefer, they'd be happy to stay in Drew's studio during your visit.
* If you'd like to work out indoors during your stay, we'd be happy to set up our Total Gym and Inverter in the Whimsical Gallery for your use.
* We do not charge a cleaning fee.
* Airbnb will collect and remit 7% Sales tax on our behalf. Our Sarasota County Bed/Tourist Development Tax of an additional 5% is included in our price to you