Situated in Simon's Town, near Boulders Beach were the penguins live, PingusHouse is a 4 bedroom holiday home with a nice private secluded garden and solar heated swimming pool. It is also within a five minute walk from incredible secret little beaches, with natural crystal clear water pools surrounded by big black round rocks (boulders) an ideal place for a refreshing swim and great fun for children; even in winter time to walk and scroll around the area is great fun and not so cold!
Lightly furnished and fully equipped with all mod cons, the house offers accommodation for up to 8 guests and boasts quality interior and decor. The style is modern and sleek, with white and blue walls and decor.
The main floor consists of a spacious expansive open plan lounge, dining area and fully equipped kitchen, all of which leads out through a total open glass door into a terrace, offering incredible sea views. The terrace is furnished with an 8 seater outdoor dining table and is under a white pergola that gives a great shade in the sunny days.
There are three bedrooms in the main house; the main bedroom has en-suite bathroom with shower, and two double bedrooms with a bathroom that has bath and separate shower. The fourth bedroom is outside the main house just next to it and it's a double bedroom with small en-suite bathroom with shower.
A quiet and relaxing place, a great base to enjoy and visit nearby places.
Note: Pool will be winterised (closed) from May to October inclusive.
Our daughter Laura loves to go to the little beaches near the house and also swim with the penguins at Boulders beach. The town itself with its ancient British air and colourful buildings is charming and has several restaurants, cafe's and nice shops. Mary also loves a bit of "city live" so we are also not so far to be able to enjoy the rest of the sightings, top notch restaurants, concerts and shops that have made Cape Town a great holiday destination, but we are still able to sleep, wake up and relax in a tranquil (and not very windy) spot, overlooking amazing sea views.
Pingushouse is at:
- 10 minute walk from Simons Town Golf Course
- 20 minute walk from the world famous penguins in Boulders Beach.
- 2000 mts. from the town centre
- 10 minutes drive to Cape of Good Hope National Park (part of Table Mountain National Park)
- 30 minutes drive to V&A; Waterfront (Cape Town)
- 45 minutes drive to Cape Town International Airport
- 60 minutes drive to the Winelands, (Franschoek, Stellenbosch,..)
There are so many things to see and do around us... just to mention a few:
- Hiking in Silvermine Nature Reserve enjoying the beautiful flora and fauna that is so unique to the Cape.
- Visit Kalk Bay and its fresh fish market and antique shops.
- Go to Constantia Valley, the home of Groot Constantia, Alphen and Uitsig wine estates.
- Drive to Hout Bay, travel along the scenic Chapmans Peak, to visit the World of Birds or take a boat trip to Seal Island, or go to its famous flea market on Sundays.
- Enjoy a summer outdoor concert in the magnificent Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens.
- Practice some of the local sports or activities:
Golf, Sailing, Incredible Scuba Diving, White Shark Cage Diving, Whale watching in season (July to November), Water Skiing, Mountain Climbing, Windsurfing, Surfing, Canoeing, Cycling, Tennis, Hang-Gliding, Walking, Parascending, Horse Riding on the beach, Fishing, Trekking, Snorkeling, Swimming, .... the list is endless!