Smith Island Spectacular Sunsets!
- Smoking Allowed
- Pets Allowed
- Swimming Pool
Gorgeously appointed and newly renovated large historic four bedroom, two story home, on the water in Tylerton, Smith Island, Maryland in the heart of the beautiful Chesapeake Bay. Affectionately called "Pauline's House" in honor of the first owner, the house comfortably sleeps 9, with 2 queen size beds, 5 single beds and one toddler bed (additional beds available upon request)- perfect for large groups of friends or families. Spacious eat in kitchen, PLUS a dining room- total seating for 12-16. Spectacular waterfront views from dining room, kitchen and three bedrooms. Lovely sunlit living room, two full bathrooms and a full mudroom with a washer and dryer. Large backyard on the water with white picket fence for the little ones, and a vegetable garden for picnicing, barbequing and lounging. All bedroom and bathroom linens provided, as well as all the kitchen supplies one might need(cookware, dishes, glassware, etc.) if you'd like to cook while on the island. Alternatively, if you would like the B and B experience, we can arrange for your meals (breakfast, lunch and/or dinner) to be expertly prepared and delivered by island ladies- to your custom order (see "Other Things to Note" section). Children 5 and under stay for free, and age 6-12 are only $25 a night.Guest Access
The entire home and yard will be yours during your stay.The Neighborhood
Where is Tylerton, Smith Island? Just a short ferry ride from Crisfield, Maryland- travel back in time with your family and friends to this quaint and blissfully quiet traditional waterman's village. Enjoy kayaking, boating, hiking, fishing, crabbing, harvesting oysters, beachcombing (called "progging" by the locals), biking or simply taking long contemplative walks along the water. For hunters and fisherman, there is some of the best duck hunting and fishing on the East Coast! Amateurs can also fish or crab right off the public dock, or you can hire a local waterman to take you out on the water (see "Other Things to Note" section for contacts). Visit the local Drum Point Market for the world's absolute best crab cakes, or take a stroll along the crab shanty dock and visit local toy and craftmakers. Visit the famous crab picking coop, and play baseball, soccer and lacrosse and fly kites on the baseball field. Explore the incredible Pelican Rookery (right out of National Geographic!) and take a trip to a crab shanty to learn how hard shell crabs become soft shells! Spend time leisurely talking to locals all about the island's history and their life on the island. Become an honorary Junior Fire Fighter at the local fire station, or just spend luxurious hours sitting on the dock, watching the tide ebb and flow, and eventually, the spectacular setting sun. Then watch in awe as the dark night sky comes alive with thousands of brilliantly beaming stars just for you!Getting Around
Tylerton, Smith Island is a quaint and historic waterman's village. The entire island is easily walkable, and our house is just a few steps away from the end of the dock where guests arrive on the ferry. Guests and locals also ride bikes to get around (and a few of the locals even ride around in golf carts!) There are blissfully no cars on the island (except for a few small work trucks). To get to Ewell and Rhodes Point (the other two towns on Smith Island), you can kayak, canoe or hire a local to take you over on their skiff (we can put you in touch with folks with boats who can take you). To get to Tylerton from the mainland, the ferry (called "Captain Jason II) leaves Crisfield, Maryland at 12:30pm daily from the public dock, and from Tylerton at 7am daily. In the spring, summer and fall, the ferry often makes a second run, leaving Crisfield at 5pm and Tylerton at 3:30pm. The captain of the ferry is Larry Laird- please call him to make a reservation in advance and to confirm the ferry schedule. Larry's home number is (PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN), and his cell is (PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN).Other Things to Note
- Delicious Meals Cooked by Island Ladies and Delivered to you: Kristen Corbin (the most amazing baked applesauce in the world!) can be reached at (PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN) or (PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN). Joan Corbin- delicious dishes as well! Both ladies can provide you with full meals for breakfast, lunch and dinner if you call and arrange it ahead of time (or we can arrange it for you). AND- do let them know if you'd like crabs or oysters harvested fresh from the bay and they will ask the waterman to harvest just for you- eating crabs and oysters straight off the boat has been the most extraordinary experience in food we've ever had! -Boat rides to the Pelican Rookery, Ewell/Rhodes Point, or beachcombing ("progging" pronounced with a long "o"): Missy Evans ((PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN)rry Bruce ((PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN)), or Dwight Marshall ((PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN)) - Fishing or Duck Hunting during season: Chris Marshall ((PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN)) -Crabbing or Oyster Harvesting (i.e. you go on the boat with him, visit a crab shanty, etc.): Barry Bruce ((PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN)) - You are welcome to bring alcoholic beverages with you, but please be somewhat discrete as the island is "dry" -Canoe or Kayak Rentals- call in advance, and they can meet you with the canoe(s) or kayak(s) at the dock in Crisfield when you are getting on the ferry- Crisfield Canoe and Kayak ((PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN))
- Claim your property page and access your free AllTheRooms for Property Owners account.
- Update business information
- Respond to reviews and privately message customers
- See the customer leads your property page generates
- Monitor how many people view your property page