The SpaceLocated in the Township of Tullah
- original Hydro Tasmania workers home (during construction of the hydroelectricity scheme giving Tasmania much of its renewable energy supply in the 1960-80’s)
- 3 Bedroom ....Bed 1: Queen bed; Bed 2: Double and single; Bed 3: two singles and a trundle bed.
- Fully furnished with linen.
- Digital TV with selection of DVD's.
- Selected games.
- Full kitchen laundry and bathroom facilities.
- Bicycles & Kayaks for guest use.
- Children's playground at end of road.
-West Coast Council accredited Holiday Home with interconnected fire alarms, emergency lighting, fire extinguisher and fire blanket. Guest AccessAll yours! Interaction with GuestsVia phone and email
In person for emergencies The NeighborhoodLake Rosebery & the Tarkine (URL HIDDEN) surprised!
LAKE ROSEBERY less than 75m walk from home. (Easy lakeside walk to Jetty or Pioneer Cemetery)
Embrace PHOTOGRAPHY, sit back and relax or for more energetic pursuits there’s untold opportunity for kayaking, swimming, fishing, boating & bush walking!
EATING OUT...all within walking distance:
- TULLAH LAKESIDE LODGE unwind with a drink and meal by the fire, overlooking the lake.
- TULLAH PUB/CAFE - caters for meals and cafe style drinks
Both have limited vegetarian and gluten free options.
Alternatively travel to Rosebery 11min or 14km drive south of Tullah for more options (Pub, RSL club, Pizza, café)
- GROCERIES & SUPPLIES:
- Tullah store / post office - Bread and milk available weekdays limited hours (located in shop / Hall complex on the corner of Central avenue Tullah)
- Rosebery IGA supermarket, Pub, RSL club, Pizza, cafe, petrol - 11min or 14km drive away to the south of Tullah
TRAVELLING FURTHER AFIELD?
- Tullah is ideal for many day trips as it is centrally located:
- CRADLE MOUNTAIN World Heritage Area- speaks for itself. Visit the information centre, take a short board walk stroll in the world heritage area, walk iconic Dove Lake or many other options up to and including the 5 day Overland walking track. There’s even horse and helicopter rides available. - 54km or 48mins drive away
- CORINNA and the ARTHUR PIEMAN River – River cruises, Heritage Pub and accommodation, walking, kayak hire and amazing river scenery.
- WARATAH with its waterfall in the centre of town and mining history - 38min or 49km drive away
- STRAHAN – on Macquarie Harbour, abounding with convict and early settler heritage & beauty. River cruises, steam train rides on the unique ABT railway system for steep inclines, sand dunes and much more - 85km or 1hr 10min drive away
- QUEENSTOWN for Mt Lyell mining heritage & ABT Railway- 69km or 53min drive away
- ZEEHAN (mining museum) and GRANVILLE HARBOUR and more Getting AroundRural and remote area. Own transportation generally required (rental car options at Burnie, Wynyard, Devonport, Launceson, Hobart)
Contact tassielink bus lines for timetables (limited infrequent service) Other Things to NoteMobile phone reception: Optus has full reception in the home. Telstra is patchy around Tullah (signal booster cradle is available in Queen bedroom to improve signal)