The SpaceROMANTIC RETREAT - HOLIDAY IN THE SKY! STUDIO ON STILTS WITH SEA VIEWS
Marine Beach Studio is right across from the popular South Beach and sailing club and has stunning views across the sailing club, its boats, and the Indian Ocean. The sunsets from the balcony are amazing!
This is a romantic retreat for couples or a holiday studio for one or two people that is unique and offers private, stylish accommodation within lovely frangipani filled gardens.
It is built on steel stilt girders high above and behind an heritage fisherman's terrace house at the front of the propert, so it is very private and has amazing views out to sea to the islands and beyond. It also has its own private entrance through an old heritage barn gate.
Marine Beach Studio is right next door to the gorgeous Marine Beach Cottage - the best two bedroom beachside cottage in South Fremantle. So if you have friends or family staying at the cottage and need more room, why not two of you stay at the studio?
YOU CANT' BEAT THIS LOCATION. The beach is across the road and we provide beach towels and flippers and snorkels if you need them.
Just 50m around the corner in South Terrace there is an array of great local restaurants - Italian, Indian, Thai, Mexican, seafood, lovely historic local pubs, a baker, a grocer, health food shop, gift shop, cafes and cake shop.
Across the road the free CAT bus goes every 10 minutes into Fremantle and returns by a circuit route along South Terrace, stopping at all the points of interest along the way for you to be able to access the museums, port, Fisherman's Harbour, Esplanade park, the ferry to Rottnest, the High Street and historic Fremantle's beautiful world heritage listed West End.
There is also plenty of free parking out the front of the studio.
You will love this hideway in the sky. It's charming and unique and brand new. It features a unique blend of old and new. Heritage features like 100 year old french doors etched with sailing boats and treasure chests blended with modern additions like air conditioning and a compact but sweet bathroom.
There are no cooking facilities but a microwave and bar fridge and tea and coffee making facilities.
The balcony looks over a lovely frangipani filled garden with herbs and vegies.
But it's the view that is spectacular and the real feature of this property.
Contact us for your romantic holiday or fun stay in Fremantle. We guarantee you will love the quirkiness of the studio - but it is not for the faint-hearted! You have to like heights and be able to manage an easy set of sturdy steel stairs.
From there you will get to experience the mornings across the seas, the spectacular sunsets in summer and the sparkle of the boats' lights at night from the sailing club opposite.
Guest AccessThe whole studio with its private bathroom and balcony overlooking the boats and sea just across the road. Set in the back garden with a sitting and bbq area and access to the front deck of the front cottage for sunset views if desired. Interaction with GuestsJolly and Dave are happy to meet and share advice and information about our lovely Fremantle, and even share a glass of wine if you like. If you prefer to keep to yourselves, we are happy to accommodate as well. It is all about you enjoying your stay at our unique studio with its beautiful views of the sea and spectacular sunsets. The NeighborhoodMARINE BEACH STUDIO RIGHT OPPOSITE THE BEACH - THINGS TO SEE AND DO
* Fremantle's famous Cappuccino strip
* Historical city walking trails
* Rottnest Island - a 30 minute ferry ride - to world renowned beaches/diving/wildlife
* Fremantle prison: historical site - take a spooky night tour!
* The Fremantle Monument: memorial & park
* Fremantle Markets: open Friday, Saturday & Sunday
* Fishing boat harbour - home to Fremantle's fishing fleet
* Maritime Museums - Americas Cup yachts and HMAS Ovens submarine tour
Fremantle is recognised as the best preserved 19th century sea port in the world. More than 150 buildings in the port are classified by the National Trust, These include the Round House which was built in 1831 & is the oldest public building in W.A, the Esplanade Hotel which was built in 1890s and the Fremantle Prison which was built by convict labour in the 1850s.
Fremantle was establlished in 1829 as a port for the fledgling Swan River Colony and was the major city in Western Australia for much of its early history. Fremantle became a city in its own right in 1929, and survived the building demolitions of the 1890s and the 1960s. The city emerged in 1987 when it was the host city for the Americas Cup sailing challenge as a city rich in heritage and character.
?Freo? as it is also know to the locals, is home to a 500-strong fishing fleet and a vast number of yachts and pleasure craft. Two significant historical replica ships were built here: The HMS Endeavour and the Duyfken which was the first Dutch vessel to chart the Australian coastline in 1666.
The port city of Fremantle is located at the mouth of the Swan River on the West Coast of Western Australia and is part of the Perth metropolitan area. Perth city is only 20 kms away which is a 30 minute cab ride or trip by train from Fremantle station.
Fremantle is much more than an architectural time capsule. It provides a unique opportunity for visitors to experience and enjoy a range of cultural activities in a relaxed atmosphere. A browse through the markets or leisurely stop at one of the numerous cafes and restaurants will complement your exploration of the arts, making a visit to Fremantle a rich and rewarding experience.
* Fremantle Art Centre
* E shed markets on the wharf
* Little Creatures Brewery on the waterfront at Fishing Boat Harbour
* Cicerello's famous fish and chips at Fishing Boat Harbour
* South Beach and Bathers Beach
* The Esplanade Park
* The Round House
* Fremantle's heritage listed West End with fabulous historical architecture
* The working Port
* Day cruises down the Swan River
* Cruises to Carnac Island to see the sea lions
* Fishing off South Mole
* Fishing and diving charters
* Dolphin and whale watching charters Getting AroundThe fantastic free CAT bus goes from directly across the road in a cicuit route into Fremantle in 2 minutes, stopping along the way at all the attractions - you can get on and off at the Fishing Boat Harbour, The Esplanade Park, The Maritime Museums, the port, and the Fremantle train station, as well as the Markets and the Famous Cappucino strip. It brings you back along South Terrace behind us to Marine Terrace in a big loop and is very convenient if you don't want to take you car into Fremantle. You can also walk into Fremantle in about 10 minutes along the walk path over the road from us that goes along the beach front and Fishing Boat harbour to the famous Little Creatures brewery and fish and chip restaurants on the water. There is plenty of free parking out the front as well. Other Things to NoteYou can use our wifi for emailing, just ask and we'll give you the code!